HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I have access to a presale being an American Express Gold holder, so could be that.
Thats the Amex Presale, pretty much every concert anywhere has it. A lot of scalpers are using it to get first dibs on the tickets. Venue Presale means that either you register with the Centre, or the promoter. I wouldnt be surprised if tomorrow morning, member of the Evenko mailling list will receive a link for the Moncton show.

Also looks like stage will be set in front the two benches, so more than half of the suites will be unused/boxes.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 5:40 PM

I'm wondering whether some of these conversations in this thread recently should be under another thread like Atlantic Canada Concert Scene since they have nothing to do with the construction of the events centre or is the thread about anything regarding the events centre?

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 5:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
I'm wondering whether some of these conversations in this thread recently should be under another thread like Atlantic Canada Concert Scene since they have nothing to do with the construction of the events centre or is the thread about anything regarding the events centre?
I think you're right - eventually.

Right now though, there are some interesting points being made about the mechanics and operations of the concert strategy for the events centre which are quite interesting and pretty specific for the downtown centre.

When we get to the point of simply making announcements of upcoming events, then this is probably when the chatter could move over to the concert thread.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 6:40 PM

Probably after the first few events happen and we see the impact, this thread will basically close (or die naturally) and further discussion would be in a Sports or Concerts thread.

Until then, we're seeing events show up at the new Centre, and we're looking at how they set up, the prices they are establishing, and (when they happen) the traffic and parking and transit impact they cause.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felip_ars View Post
Thats the Amex Presale, pretty much every concert anywhere has it. A lot of scalpers are using it to get first dibs on the tickets. Venue Presale means that either you register with the Centre, or the promoter. I wouldnt be surprised if tomorrow morning, member of the Evenko mailling list will receive a link for the Moncton show.

Also looks like stage will be set in front the two benches, so more than half of the suites will be unused/boxes.
I thought stages for a show like this would be set up in the south end where the retractable seating is. Wasn't that the purpose of the retractable seating, for stage setups, so there would be more seats with a view of the stage?

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 1:01 PM

They've removed the interior webcam for the Event Centre.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
I thought stages for a show like this would be set up in the south end where the retractable seating is. Wasn't that the purpose of the retractable seating, for stage setups, so there would be more seats with a view of the stage?

I cant confirm, but judging by the VIP tickets listed, the show will be at the other end of the retractable seating (tickets were available in section 117-120).

For some weird reason, they haven't released the seating plan yet.
And on top of that, the Evenko presale is not working.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 10:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Robert Irving on behalf of the Moncton Wildcats has just announced a $1M contribution towards the plaza in front of the new events centre.

A CTV reporter asked Mr. Irving at the announcement whether he was interested in naming rights for the new events centre too. Irving seemed a little taken aback by the question but said that this contribution (to the plaza) was all that he was willing to commit to.

As such, I wonder if Irving (and related companies) are now out of the running for naming rights. If so, who's the frontrunner now? TD Bank? RBC? National Bank? Blue Cross? Molson/Coors???

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 1:31 AM

Frank McKenna is on their fundraising council. My guess it will be 'The TD Bank Centre'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Robert Irving on behalf of the Moncton Wildcats has just announced a $1M contribution towards the plaza in front of the new events centre.

A CTV reporter asked Mr. Irving at the announcement whether he was interested in naming rights for the new events centre too. Irving seemed a little taken aback by the question but said that this contribution (to the plaza) was all that he was willing to commit to.

As such, I wonder if Irving (and related companies) are now out of the running for naming rights. If so, who's the frontrunner now? TD Bank? RBC? National Bank? Blue Cross? Molson/Coors???

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutDog View Post
Frank McKenna is on their fundraising council. My guess it will be 'The TD Bank Centre'.
I second that guess. It's very logical especially with them moving into Champlain Mall and all of the jobs being created. Perhaps they already got the naming rights as part of the package to get them to locate in the area.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 5:28 PM

All construction trailers have been removed from the Events Center site. I guess this means construction of the new hotel will get underway shortly.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
All construction trailers have been removed from the Events Center site. I guess this means construction of the new hotel will get underway shortly.
At a recent council it was mentioned by the Mayor, Maybe in a tweet, that the property would be turned over to Corey Craig Enterprises around this date. More trailers will be showing up soon I assume when the Hotel gets going.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:37 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The large metal trellises that will surround the Ian Fowler Oval on the plaza in front of the events centre are currently under construction at Apex Industries. Apparently they will be installed in early-mid June. This will have a huge impact on the appearances of the plaza.......

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces