HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 6:15 PM

What an excellent addition to the skyline, at first I really never thought this project would be as impact-ful as I thought it would. Not until it got past 25 floors it was soon obvious!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 8:31 PM

Those exposed concrete columns are just crying out to be clad or finished in some way, in my opinion. I really hope that's the plan.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Those exposed concrete columns are just crying out to be clad or finished in some way, in my opinion. I really hope that's the plan.
I actually kind of love the look of the columns the way they are. I'm usually not a fan of exposed concrete on a building, but it's such a great contrast with the sleek glass and fits in with the raw angular look of the building that it works here. I wouldn't mind if it were clad with something else, but I think it looks great as is.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
I actually kind of love the look of the columns the way they are. I'm usually not a fan of exposed concrete on a building, but it's such a great contrast with the sleek glass and fits in with the raw angular look of the building that it works here. I wouldn't mind if it were clad with something else, but I think it looks great as is.
I understand what you're saying, but to me the unfinished concrete actually clashes with and detracts from the sleek appearance of the rest of the building, and just looks unfinished. But, it's a matter of taste and personal preference.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
Agreed.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive