HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 2:07 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
All that's missing is the mobile home and maybe a shotgun. Actually, the "monument" is quite the fitting epitaph for the confederacy.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 4:33 AM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomrQT View Post
North Little Rock
North Little Rock is pretty sweet, its not really Arkansas, its just a regular city. I wouldnt mind living there at all in fact.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 5:08 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I recently watched a movie called Winter's Bone and while it takes place and was filmed in southern Missouri, many of the locations, the homes etc, looked very similar to this.
I saw that, too. It's a powerful film and at first I had a completely wrong idea of where it was headed. After connecting a little bit with the people and their motivations, I saw a lot of redemption in it.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 7:56 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
North Little Rock is pretty sweet, its not really Arkansas, its just a regular city. I wouldnt mind living there at all in fact.
Wait, you mean the city that even Little Rock sees as high-crime? Admittedly, North Little Rock is a physically large place (nearly 45 square miles for such a small population), but it definitely has less than a sterling reputation for some convincing reasons.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 8:12 AM
Ex Houstonian

Well yeah, parts of it are pretty shitty but it is gentrifying in areas and north little rock is where a lot of middle to upper class white people live too. Argenta, which is part of NLR, right across from downtown LR on the river is quickly becoming one of the premier areas in the city for young people and yuppies to inhabit. Lots of new urbanist development going in and lots of restoring of old houses is also occurring. Hell, a non corporate corner grocery in one of the old art deco buildings in Argenta opened up about 7 months ago and is doing very well and the rest of the vacant lots in old downtown Argenta are being developed into a new school and new commercial buildings that butt up to the street. But yeah, lots of NLR is still shit central, it is changing though, slowly...

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 2:31 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
His neighborhood is ok, but I think a lot of improvements are in order. He decided to give me a "tour" of the surrounding areas. Pinnacle mountain and downtown were ok, other than that.. I was very disappointed. He also constantly talked about how "people do things better in Chicago". He said the thing that's killing him the most is the way people drive in Arkansas. It's driving him nuts. I think he's missing home.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 2:52 PM
Seek The Upward Horizon

Just curious, what did you expect? Jolly, gregarious Clintons having barbecues and square dances? Generally speaking, landlocked places with no special geographic or economic position turn out to be complete wrecks.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 3:51 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
Just curious, what did you expect? Jolly, gregarious Clintons having barbecues and square dances? Generally speaking, landlocked places with no special geographic or economic position turn out to be complete wrecks.
I wasn't expecting the best in the country to be represented in Arkansas, but I didn't imagine most of the state to be like a mirror image of Alabama or Mississippi.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos