HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 4:17 PM

Oh geez, they have to go a hell of a lot deeper than that! (At least two more levels.)

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 6:09 PM

Thanks for the pics SaskE30!

Judging from the scaffolding set up in the corner (closest to Albert St. and Victoria Ave. intersection), it looks like they've dug down almost four levels already, at least in that corner. They might still have to take it a little deeper so they can fit the foundation slab, but they also have a lot to clean up in the middle! Have they progressed much since those pics were taken?

Go! Go, gadgets! -- or diggers/excavators!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2017, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
Thanks for the pics SaskE30!

Judging from the scaffolding set up in the corner (closest to Albert St. and Victoria Ave. intersection), it looks like they've dug down almost four levels already, at least in that corner. They might still have to take it a little deeper so they can fit the foundation slab, but they also have a lot to clean up in the middle! Have they progressed much since those pics were taken?

Go! Go, gadgets! -- or diggers/excavators!
Educated guess puts that scaffold at 76"-78" per stair section. I would guess that it is about 25' deep at the scaffold.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 2:58 AM

Crane

So there are 4 days left in January and no sign of a crane being erected. I suspect this will just be one more missed milestone from this group. They boldly claimed just before Christmas that the crane would be erected in January, but given their record I'd be surprised if it actually happens. Walked by today and there was very little activity going on from what I could tell. Big pile of dirt and slowly going down but not sure why they have set such a slow pace excavating dirt.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
So there are 4 days left in January and no sign of a crane being erected. I suspect this will just be one more missed milestone from this group. They boldly claimed just before Christmas that the crane would be erected in January, but given their record I'd be surprised if it actually happens. Walked by today and there was very little activity going on from what I could tell. Big pile of dirt and slowly going down but not sure why they have set such a slow pace excavating dirt.
I'm sure they are just waiting on permits!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I'm sure they are just waiting on permits!
Are you guys at 5 levels underground now?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2017, 2:18 PM

Old Posted Feb 2, 2017, 3:12 PM

Fortress, where's the crane? It's February.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 12:52 AM
surely you agree with me

How long have they been digging the hole?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 3:56 AM
arf

15 months give or take a few days.

It's amazing how time flies.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
Official Ground Breaking Ceremony Tomorrow!
October 28, 2015. And the hole still isn't done.

I'm sure buyers would be interested in hearing from Fortress on what's going on?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 3:55 PM

Maybe this is more complicated location or difficult dig, but after about 2 and half months the Saskatoon No1 River Landing condo looks to have dug down at least 3 stories already! Seems like a radical difference in excavation, but like I said, there may be other factors impacting the Capitol Pointe project.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 4:11 PM

Nah, they're just taking there time.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Maybe this is more complicated location or difficult dig, but after about 2 and half months the Saskatoon No1 River Landing condo looks to have dug down at least 3 stories already! Seems like a radical difference in excavation, but like I said, there may be other factors impacting the Capitol Pointe project.
not sure how many excavators you have, we had up to 4 running at one point for parcel YY, and i saw trucks lined up taking dirt away non stop, and with the +5 weather we had for 10-15 days...just a perfect time to capitalize with digging. so i think that helped us for that project.

for you guys with capital pointe, your parkade looks difficult to dig, but even so...since oct/15, should be done by now, or at least have the crane in. hope this gets finished soon too. 2 really great projects for our cities.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:34 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
not sure how many excavators you have, we had up to 4 running at one point for parcel YY, and i saw trucks lined up taking dirt away non stop, and with the +5 weather we had for 10-15 days...just a perfect time to capitalize with digging. so i think that helped us for that project.

for you guys with capital pointe, your parkade looks difficult to dig, but even so...since oct/15, should be done by now, or at least have the crane in. hope this gets finished soon too. 2 really great projects for our cities.
Yeah, I'd say the Capital location is a little more challenging (and it also had some concrete foundation to work through as well), but yes... Excavation really should have been able to be completed by now.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:49 PM

For context. True North Square in Winnipeg began site works beginning of January 2016. So approx. 13 months ago. That was putting up fencing, etc. There was also and old foundation in the ground as well.

Now, they're well underway in actual construction. Caissons complete and tons of concrete in the ground for the parkades. Elevator core is starting to rise. Main floor slab are either poured or will be any day for tower 1.

When a developer actually wants something built vs. Fortress and the feet dragging.

Continually updating site photo for a look at where they're at after 13 months.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 1:32 AM

Despite delay in crane installation, Capital Pointe still expected in 2018

http://cjme.com/article/1159571/desp...-expected-2018

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Despite delay in crane installation, Capital Pointe still expected in 2018

http://cjme.com/article/1159571/desp...-expected-2018
Quote:
Black said they haven't faced any significant delays and that people should be able to begin moving in at the end of next year.
Ha!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 1:35 PM
arf

^It's not even funny anymore. I haven't seen anyone working at the site the last couple of days again.

Only 677 more days left.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^It's not even funny anymore. I haven't seen anyone working at the site the last couple of days again.

Only 677 more days left.
what is the actual delay on getting this dug out? is it an actual reason regarding construction, like come on.....the weather is perfect, especially last 2-3 weeks. should have that crane AND be halfway up to grade if not at grade by now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan