HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

6000 McKay in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

View Full Map

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waders View Post
Closing notice has been posted at Red Robin. Their last day of business is July 8.
So it seems a matter of time before TD bank will also vacant the location next to Kingsway.

Let the demolition starts!
From what I understand, The Station Square project is a 4-5 phase project (Phase II = 2 towers). The first phase is the Boston Pizza/Red Robin corner. Phase II = Save-On..Phase III is the parkade...and the last phase is supposed to be the TD Bank/Thai restaurant corner I heard that this will be an 8-10 year build out.. so unless I am wrong, the TD Bank should remain open for a while - or are they scheduled to close soon?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 5:51 PM

Probably depends on whether a staging area is needed.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanK View Post
From what I understand, The Station Square project is a 4-5 phase project (Phase II = 2 towers). The first phase is the Boston Pizza/Red Robin corner. Phase II = Save-On..Phase III is the parkade...and the last phase is supposed to be the TD Bank/Thai restaurant corner I heard that this will be an 8-10 year build out.. so unless I am wrong, the TD Bank should remain open for a while - or are they scheduled to close soon?
I have no inside information. So you might be right.
Thai restuarant location is being stripped bare and most likely will become the Sales centre.
On paper the phase approach should work. But in reality, the ramaining business would be in/near a construction zone with limited access, reduced parking and heavy truck traffic, not a very good environment for business.
From what I heard, Save On Food and businesses like Future Shop will remain open. Station Square Dental will move to the vacated space across the Sushi place. But other business like Starbucks will be closed.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 5:38 AM

Has anyone registered at the website?
A friend told me there is some pre-marketing acitivities happening. He was contacted by some sales and had some informal chat about the prize of the condo. May be the developer just want to get a feel what pricing is acceptable in a softening real estate market.
It looks like some of the units are of smaller size, except the penthouse apartment.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 2:10 PM

good stuff, it'd look huge, can't wait yrs for this.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waders View Post
Has anyone registered at the website?
A friend told me there is some pre-marketing acitivities happening. He was contacted by some sales and had some informal chat about the prize of the condo. May be the developer just want to get a feel what pricing is acceptable in a softening real estate market.
It looks like some of the units are of smaller size, except the penthouse apartment.
Have a feeling there will be lots of 1 bedroom units under 500 sq ft and 2 bedrooms under 750 sq ft.

That's the only way to keep the prices competitive.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 2:54 PM
Vancouver Moderator

The Souvlaki place and Starbucks are closing by Aug 1st.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeowner View Post
Have a feeling there will be lots of 1 bedroom units under 500 sq ft and 2 bedrooms under 750 sq ft.

That's the only way to keep the prices competitive.
According to the RZ app There will be:

59x studios (471-488 sf)
48x 1 bed (603-624)
29x 1 & Den (638)
108x 2 beds (810-1023)
16x 2 & den (1,173 - 1,599sf)
... which should = 260 units.. but the rezoning app 270 units... so I am not sure what the other 10 units are.. perhaps PH & SUB PH suites TBD?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 5:24 PM

What is the rz app?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 5:51 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Rezoning application.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 9:21 PM

soooooooo, when do we get the official heights???

Someone somewhere must have them, and when building a project this grand you think they would advertise them.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 11:54 PM

^ You could try emailing the developer. That's how I was able to find out the official height of Metroplace.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 11:58 PM

What did you say??

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 3:14 AM

I just said I was excited about the project, and then asked the official height of the building. They got back to me pretty quickly actually.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 7:07 PM

You are likely to have more luck with Metroplace because it is an U/C project. Knowing how these conceptual development plans work there is likely no set determined floor count at Station square yet, let alone a height in metres.

It's worth a shot though metro.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 7:10 PM

Have actually sent an e-mail to both developments, and I use the excuse of asking how they will compare to the Sovereign, hehe.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
You are likely to have more luck with Metroplace because it is an U/C project. Knowing how these conceptual development plans work there is likely no set determined floor count at Station square yet, let alone a height in metres.

It's worth a shot though metro.
Looks like I emailed Intracorp about Metroplace in April of 2011, well before the excavation started in October. I think Metro has a decent shot at a reply as Station Square is gearing up for sales in the not too distant future. It should be well past the conceptual drawing stage at this point.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 12:20 AM

There is a short story on this project in the latest New Condo Guide (nice free magazine, btw). To me new information was that there will be four two-level Sky Homes on the northwest side of the [first?] tower starting from the 26th floor. Unfortunately no new renders in the story.

The 7000sqf two-storey presentation centre should be opening in "just over a month".

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 2:35 AM

Have they done anything with the site yet now that the tenants have presumably moved out?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 9:17 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
Have they done anything with the site yet now that the tenants have presumably moved out?
The sales centre is still under serious renovation, and the currency place and jewlers is moving out. There has been no demolition of any of the buildings in the Phase I area though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley