HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 7:42 PM
Top Retributor

Who is the developer in charge of the airport hotel?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 3:44 PM
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Who is the developer in charge of the airport hotel?
Los Angeles-based Sonnenblick Development LLC.

It has been searching for financing for about 5 years already. It received a 5-year extension in December, but I think it's obvious to the developer that financing just isn't available. There are 5 other hotel proposals within a mile of the airport.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 4:05 PM
Top Retributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
Los Angeles-based Sonnenblick Development LLC.

It has been searching for financing for about 5 years already. It received a 5-year extension in December, but I think it's obvious to the developer that financing just isn't available. There are 5 other hotel proposals within a mile of the airport.
I'm just not buying it. The company specializes in government buildings and high few high-end resorts. That's a weird combo right there. I strongly suspect something other than not getting financing is going on here but you can bet it has to do with money.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 6:10 PM
Registered Sex Offender

The article I'm referencing did make a point to say that there's no word yet whether the developer will seek a subsidy...

Old Posted Mar 19, 2017, 12:35 AM

Will they bring more nonstop from SMF-FLL/HOU/MCO/TPA or SMF-CLT, as well. Will they ever consider it?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 5:47 AM

Southwest announces new Long Beach and Spokane service

More air service news out of Sac International:
Starting August 1st, Southwest will be offering two daily nonstop flights between Sacramento and Long Beach, and one daily nonstop between Sacramento and Spokane. In addition to that, Southwest will also add nonstop service to existing San Diego and Seattle service, respectively. With the added nonstop service, Sacramento will become Southwest Airlines 16th busiest city. I remember when Horizon offered nonstop service to Spokane up until a few years ago. Any reason why they suspended it? Were the load factors just not there, or did the recession have something to do with it? In any case, it's always great to see added service out of SMF!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 3:51 PM
silly slackergeek

Another big day for Southwest Airlines and SMF... Didn't see anything on this, so here you go. Today Southwest announced that starting next spring, new service from Sacramento including daily non-stops to Austin, St. Louis, Orlando, plus a non-stop to Cabo, and Sunday-only service to... New Orleans. The west side of Terminal B is going to be HOPPING in 2018!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 8:58 PM

^^^ Great news. I fly regularly to Austin and Orlando. This will be a huge benefit. I've been waiting for that SMF-MCO direct for a while now.

As a side note- I've had multiple people over the last year or two from out of town who fly here tell me what an awesome airport SMF has become.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 9:28 PM

Now a nonstop to Albuquerque. Airport seems busier. Flightradar24 is a good AP.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2017, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis bickle View Post
Another big day for Southwest Airlines and SMF... Didn't see anything on this, so here you go. Today Southwest announced that starting next spring, new service from Sacramento including daily non-stops to Austin, St. Louis, Orlando, plus a non-stop to Cabo, and Sunday-only service to... New Orleans. The west side of Terminal B is going to be HOPPING in 2018!
We're not even into 2018 yet, and already it's looking to be a good year for air service for SMF! Let's keep that momentum going!!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 10:28 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Another way to show how it is grown, I remember the United flights between SMF -> SFO were turboprop about 4 years ago, now they use one 737-800 and the rest are CRJ-200s

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 5:10 AM

From a domestic standpoint, SMF has grown a lot. I wish international carriers would serve the airport beyond just Mexico. And I'm not talking flights to Europe or Asia. At one time Air Canada flew out to Vancouver briefly before the recession hit. Is a Vancouver route not profitable despite the growth and more people traveling. Could another airline like Alaska consider picking that route?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola916 View Post
From a domestic standpoint, SMF has grown a lot. I wish international carriers would serve the airport beyond just Mexico. And I'm not talking flights to Europe or Asia. At one time Air Canada flew out to Vancouver briefly before the recession hit. Is a Vancouver route not profitable despite the growth and more people traveling. Could another airline like Alaska consider picking that route?
I think the region could support flights to Asia.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:10 PM

Looks like Terminal A is getting a remodal and expansion in the near future.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area