HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
It'd be tough to get the necessary density to justify redevelopment of those sites. Not that I have run the numbers or dug into zoning, but that is my armchair assumption.

Just look at the failed proposal near Park Tavern that was to be condos. Redevelopment of the BeltLine parcel and single family homes could barely work (and didn't after neighborhood push back).
I think the issue(?) is the existing retail gets a tonnnn of business. The area is prime for development- it just has a lot of existing use.

In other news, Colony Square to get a food hall. Atlanta is starting to turn itself into one giant mall food court.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ny-square.html

Last edited by Street Advocate; Sep 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I think the issue(?) is the existing retail gets a tonnnn of business. The area is prime for development- it just has a lot of existing use.

In other news, Colony Square to get a food hall. Atlanta is starting to turn itself into one giant mall food court.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ny-square.html
I can't help but think Main and Main sounds really douchey.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
I can't help but think Main and Main sounds really douchey.
A really dumb name in general, IMO. May as well have called it Peachtree & Peachtree. Or better yet, just "Peachtree"

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Well yeah, the existing retail gets a ton of use, so rents are high. So in order to justify redevelopment the new development would have to justify high rents and high density to make the financials of redevelopment to make sense. So you will need a combination of higher density and the ability of higher rents from new construction to justify the redevelopment of that site and I think it will be awhile before redevelopment of that site makes sense.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 9:33 PM

Edible cookie dough concept coming to Ponce City Market

Is this a thing now?

Quote:
It will serve cookie dough that’s eggless and made with heat-treated flour so it’s safe to eat uncooked. Flavors will include sugar, chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, salted caramel and s’mores.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...once-city.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta