HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

375 East Wacker Drive in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 8:30 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitledreality View Post
You mean like the current high rise boom here in Chicago?
what highrise boom?

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I don't know how much I would get my hopes up, I mean look what happened at wolfpoint.

I think the US's skyscraper days are done for good, I didn't think so a month ago, but I'm starting to really think the country will never actually see skyscrapers again. Too many height limits/zoning laws/lack of demand etc.

Maybe a few years down the road the situation will be different, I really hope so.
this is like the third time i seen you always post something saying the usa wont get any other skyscrapers, maybe you should open your eyes and go check out the underconstruction threads, and the proposed and approved for nyc etc..

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 4:55 PM

Don't feed the dumb troll! The only way I don't see the U.S "ever" building skyscrapers again is if the world actually did come to an end in December.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
what highrise boom?
Coast
500 N LSD
AMLI
Optima
435 N Park
111 W Wacker
360 W Hubbard
K2
Tri Hotels
McCormick Hyatt
73 E Lake

River Point (Pro)
Wolf Point (Pro)
130 N Franklin (Pro)
Atrium Village (Pro)
601 Monroe (Pro)
625 Adams (Pro)
3750 N Halsted (Pro)
CMH Redevelopment (Pro)

410 E Grand (2Q 2013)

1225 Old Town (TO)
SoNo East (TO)
LP 2520 (TO)
Admiral at the Lake (TO)

This is silly... I shouldve heeded Chicago_Forever's advice.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitledreality View Post
Coast
500 N LSD
AMLI
Optima
435 N Park
111 W Wacker
360 W Hubbard
K2
Tri Hotels
McCormick Hyatt
73 E Lake

River Point (Pro)
Wolf Point (Pro)
130 N Franklin (Pro)
Atrium Village (Pro)
601 Monroe (Pro)
625 Adams (Pro)
3750 N Halsted (Pro)
CMH Redevelopment (Pro)

410 E Grand (2Q 2013)

1225 Old Town (TO)
SoNo East (TO)
LP 2520 (TO)
Admiral at the Lake (TO)

This is silly... I shouldve heeded Chicago_Forever's advice.
"this is like the third time i seen you always post something saying the usa wont get any other skyscrapers, maybe you should open your eyes and go check out the underconstruction threads, and the proposed and approved for nyc etc.."<< From -Filipe-

Yes I know we have those HIGHRISE proposals & U-C but none Supertall, Chicago looks lame next to NYC on Architecture Projects.. & it is sad to say that because I am a Chicagoan, but it is true!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSkyscraperDudeXx View Post
"this is like the third time i seen you always post something saying the usa wont get any other skyscrapers, maybe you should open your eyes and go check out the underconstruction threads, and the proposed and approved for nyc etc.."<< From -Filipe-

Yes I know we have those HIGHRISE proposals & U-C but none Supertall, Chicago looks lame next to NYC on Architecture Projects.. & it is sad to say that because I am a Chicagoan, but it is true!

And a lot of cities look lame next to Chicago and if we're going by number of U/C and proposed higerise/skyscrapers, NYC looks lame next to Toronto.

Originally Posted by untitledreality
Coast
500 N LSD
AMLI
Optima
435 N Park
111 W Wacker
360 W Hubbard
K2
Northwestern Memorial Facility
Harper Court
Tri Hotels
McCormick Hyatt
73 E Lake

River Point (Pro)
Wolf Point (Pro)
130 N Franklin (Pro)
Atrium Village (Pro)
601 Monroe (Pro)
625 Adams (Pro)
3750 N Halsted (Pro)
CMH Redevelopment (Pro)
Rehab Institute of Chicago (Pro)
9th and State Apt by Golub (Pro)
GEMS High School (Pro)

410 E Grand (2Q 2013)

1225 Old Town (TO)
SoNo East (TO)
LP 2520 (TO)
Admiral at the Lake (TO)
Ritz (TO)
Ronald McDonald House (TO)
RU Dorms (TO) I go here, great building.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Who the fuck cares? Supertalls mean nothing for the health of a city. Does anyone place Dubai ahead of London/Paris/Berlin/Tokyo? There clearly is not a market for supertalls in Chicago... and really, there shouldnt be. We have nearly unlimited space to grow, so why would anyone invest such a large amount of capital into a single building?

You fanyboys make me sick.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 7:49 PM

Quote:

im sure when the time comes chicago will get a supertall.. i mean they did have lots of proposals like the spire etc, im srue one of them will actually get built!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2012, 5:42 PM

This thread has fallen off the tracks. . . let's keep it on topic please. . . and since this proposal is dead. . . I don't think there's much more to talk about. . .

. . .

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 5:59 PM

R.I.P 375 East Wacker Tower..

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 6:15 PM

I liked the stoic design but I found the proposal to be quite bulky.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 9:09 PM

Not sure if this is fully back on topic since this proposal is dead, however, I'm really curious to see what Magellan has in mind for the rest of this development. Will they try for one more signature type tower or will they be satisfied with Aqua and have the rest be generally infill (hopefully quality at least like the Coast). I just remember around the height of the boom there were rumors of 1 or 2 supertalls they wanted to put right on the lake. Funny how ambitious development was at that time compared to now.

I guess I'm just hoping they try one more time for a 800+ ft building in this development to make the area super dense and I think a lakefront site would be perfect for that. Only time will tell but it's a heck of a lot better than a driving range.

Also, the most saddening part of this being dead IMO is how it addressed the LSD vista. Thought that could have been something real special, hopefully if they are "committed" to bringing quality architecture to the site still as some1 mentioned they still address that.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 10:51 PM

A while back a poster commented on how he went to look at condos at the development and was told or heard the remaining buildings would be 60 and up 80 stories. I think that's what he said. But who knows if that's true or not. I don't really believe anything unless I hear it directly from the people involved. So until an official announcement is made, I take everything with a grain of salt.

As for the design of the remaining towers, the developer himself said he was going after better design. He basically said Aqua had set the standard so we'll see.

To be more topic, I really liked Architectonica but I can't wait to see what they come up with in its place. Although I do think it'll be a while before we see it. I wouldn't be surprised if another rental tower went up before we finally see a condo building. I'm not worried about LSE though, with the 2 proposed private scools and a possible 3rd school (public) this area will become even more popular and will fill out fast once the economy fully recovers.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 10:00 PM

This project went where many other over 800 foot projects went-no place.

Theo ne thing missing from the city is new over 800 foot developments. Its like boy does our skyline need new additions. I mean we have plenty of competition with Dubai, Hong Kong and about five other major asian competitors then there is Toronto even Panama City.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 4:55 AM

Right now, outside of NY City, the best skyscraper action in NA is going on in Toronto, then Chicago, SF, Seattle, & Calgary.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
Right now, outside of NY City, the best skyscraper action in NA is going on in Toronto, then Chicago, SF, Seattle, & Calgary.
... Miami.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2013, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoryg View Post
This project went where many other over 800 foot projects went-no place.

Theo ne thing missing from the city is new over 800 foot developments. Its like boy does our skyline need new additions. I mean we have plenty of competition with Dubai, Hong Kong and about five other major asian competitors then there is Toronto even Panama City.
Starting at 17:45 in this October, 2010 video provided by the CTBUH, Jim Loewenberg and Bruce Lake discuss the economics of caissons (among other factors) for buildings taller than 55 stories. They both concur it could possibly be as late as 2020 before a residential tower requiring rock caissons (which they report cost 10 fold that of bell hardpan caissons) is built.

http://www.ctbuh.org/TallBuildings/V...S/Default.aspx

Old Posted Apr 7, 2013, 4:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBuyer View Post
Starting at 17:45 in this October, 2010 video provided by the CTBUH, Jim Loewenberg and Bruce Lake discuss the economics of caissons (among other factors) for buildings taller than 55 stories. They both concur it could possibly be as late as 2020 before a residential tower requiring rock caissons (which they report cost 10 fold that of bell hardpan caissons) is built.
People are in a completely different mindset with respect to the housing market today. I bet Magellan announces an 800 footer within two years.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2013, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBuyer View Post

http://www.ctbuh.org/TallBuildings/V...S/Default.aspx
Thank you for the quantification.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive