HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 7:14 PM
Chairman

What were the number of units from the previous proposal?
What are the number of units from the most current proposal?

-sb

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
What were the number of units from the previous proposal?
What are the number of units from the most current proposal?
238 for the original.

141 for the new.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2014, 3:31 AM

That location seems to a great location for a large number of units, like the original proposal. The proximity to downtown seems to be perfect for people to live. Therefore I have no idea why they decreased the number of units. Even if they decreased the units they still didn't have to make another small box.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2014, 8:27 AM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvol85 View Post
238 for the original.

141 for the new.
There is obviously some logical reason why the number of units have been reduced. What ever is that reason, the end result is a disappointment.

-sb

Old Posted Dec 25, 2014, 11:38 PM
Burming Hammer

holy cow... what is that octagonal (decagonal?) monstrosity in the middle of this pic??

btw, love keeping up with this thread... definitely a little envious of everything going on up there!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2014, 7:25 AM

That is the United Artists Tower. Originally built by backup singers for Elvis Presley. The building has been mostly vacant for several years with various plans to renovate to condos or remain office space. I am not sure what the current status is.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2014, 6:45 AM

Crane base is in place for the Eakin Partners office tower at 12th & Demonbreun, adjacent to the 12/12 Tower.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2014, 6:53 AM

Maybe the palm trees will make up for the shorter height?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2015, 3:27 PM
Nashville born and raised

From the Tennessean, last night (New Years Eve) with 130,000 people...

Old Posted Jan 7, 2015, 2:53 PM

Another 25 story mixed-use tower is planned for the mid town area. Will feature a boutique hotel and condos or apartments. The two silhouetted buildings behind it are the planned 27 story Skyhouse Nashville, and the 25/16 story hotel/residential combo project.

There are several other ongoing projects in the area with similar height including the 17 story Aertson Midtown (under construction) , the 19 story Lennar tower (2015 start), the 19 story Element (under construction) and the 20-22 story Virgin hotel (2015 start), as well as several mid-rise apartment projects in the 6-10 story range under construction or about to start. Also, there is the West End Summit site that is gaining traction and previous designs had two 25 story towers. Midtown is exploding!

First look: Planned Midtown high-rise features boutique hotel, condos
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-features.html

This is how mid town could look in the next couple years. This new project would be in front of the brownish/redish and light blue photo shopped towers on the upper left.

(photo shop courtesy of MidTenn1)

Old Posted Jan 7, 2015, 6:48 PM

This is what the Nashville skyline will look like from this angle in a few years. It's hard to get a skyline shot that can show all the newcomers cause they are so spread out everywhere. As of right now, there are 30+ buildings over 10 stories under construction or proposed in the core. The West End Summit project wasn't included in this for obvious reasons, but Alex Palmer is said to be in talks with a development partner so who knows...could be two more 25 story towers to add to the mid town area.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 3:10 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
This is what the Nashville skyline will look like from this angle in a few years. It's hard to get a skyline shot that can show all the newcomers cause they are so spread out everywhere. As of right now, there are 30+ buildings over 10 stories under construction or proposed in the core. The West End Summit project wasn't included in this for obvious reasons, but Alex Palmer is said to be in talks with a development partner so who knows...could be two more 25 story towers to add to the mid town area.

Good work. Where is the redevelopment of the convention center site?

-sb

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Between the AT&T (Batman) Building and the Renaissance Hotel. It is currently planned as a 25 story (250+/- ft) residential and a 16 story (225 +/- ft) office building.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 6:16 PM

Groundbreaking ceremony happened yesterday for the 460' Bridgestone tower.

With shovels full of dirt, work on Bridgestone's skyscraper begins
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...dgestones.html

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 6:46 PM

Quote:
It's the colored box between the Batman building and the Renaissance Hotel. The new buildings because of them being in a low lying area and only 25 stories, won't have much of an impact on the skyline from certain vantage points.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post

Excellent work by MidTenn1. It took me a moment to determine where the photo was taken in Nashville. But I soon realized the buildings in the forefront are the HCA buildings. Interesting vantage point to capture downtown and midtown. Nashville seems to be stuck on trying to present views of the city that incorporates the Cumberland River. But I think there are so many other views of the city that are far better. I'm really tired of the view that has the Batman building as the primary focus. It's just not the best view of the city and leaves out all of SoBro. Thanks MidTenn1 for giving us a view that's rarely seen.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Excellent work by MidTenn1. It took me a moment to determine where the photo was taken in Nashville. But I soon realized the buildings in the forefront are the HCA buildings. Interesting vantage point to capture downtown and midtown. Nashville seems to be stuck on trying to present views of the city that incorporates the Cumberland River. But I think there are so many other views of the city that are far better. I'm really tired of the view that has the Batman building as the primary focus. It's just not the best view of the city and leaves out all of SoBro. Thanks MidTenn1 for giving us a view that's rarely seen.
The picture was actually taken by a poster on UP known as UTgrad09. I have tried to pictures from there, but could not get the high resolution that he did.

That area is known as Nevada Heights and has the best view of the entire, 40 block long skyline from downtown to Murphy Road and I-440. When you come from the west on I-40 and turn on the ramp to I-440 you get the full view which in the late afternoon with the setting sun glinting off the buildings or in the early evening with all the lights on is possibly one of the best 'reveals' of a city anywhere. The view is so awesome the people have built expensive but narrow 'Malibu' homes on the hill to accommodate the sweeping view.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 12:50 AM

An interesting take from the Nashville Scene on the benefits of historic rehabs over tear-down projects.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...nt?oid=4868451

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 3:05 AM

The picture was taken from 33rd Ave @ Trevor St.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
The picture was actually taken by a poster on UP known as UTgrad09. I have tried to pictures from there, but could not get the high resolution that he did.
That's from my phone, btw. And it is cropped.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations