HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
30C with a humidex of 36 and sunny! 3rd straight day above 30C.

For Saint-Anicet, today was the 11th day above 30C this month. 14 total this year.

Low of 23C (humidex 31) this morning.
Official low yesterday at Trudeau airport was 23.3C, the mildest low in 7 years. The last time we had a higher low at the airport was June 21, 2012 (23.8C).

The warmspot was Lytton, BC at 34.5C.
We had 5 days in a row over 30C here (July 16-20th) , the record for this summer so far.

Last summer we had one stretch of 7 days over 30C, and another 5 day stretch over 30C. I doubt it'll happen this year though.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
They're calling for a humidex of 34 tomorrow *barfs*
That's just another summer day in Southern Ontario! We've had 16 days so far this summer with a 34C+ humidex and this is a cooler year.

Last year we had 53 days which exceeded 34 with humidity.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:53 AM
Suburbs Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
We had 5 days in a row over 30C here (July 16-20th) , the record for this summer so far.

Last summer we had one stretch of 7 days over 30C, and another 5 day stretch over 30C. I doubt it'll happen this year though.
We've had a 7 day stretch this year of 30C or higher back in June.
Osoyoos Kamloops and Lytton maybe higher.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:09 AM
Go Preds!

23C (humidex of 24) and a mix of sun and clouds. The morning was overcast but we got more and more sunshine as the day progressed. Although comfortable, it was a cool July day. First day below 25C this month. Hopefully the only one.

Low of 16C this morning.

The warmspot was Lytton, BC at 37.1C

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:41 AM

Forecast calling for a week of 30's in the Peg, actually this summer has been great after a rather crappy Alberta like May and right up to early June!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 10:48 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TownGuy View Post
I love fog but mostly when it is paired with hot and humid conditions. It is like being in a jungle. I suppose those times it makes things cooler aren't the best. I'm assuming it's a lot more prevalent there which would lead to more of a dislike.
It's basically never hot, humid fog here. I guess in summer months when you're ok the edge of the fog bank, but when you walk deeper into it, it's always a big drop in temperature.

I love fog usually, and it hasn't even been bad this year at all, but everything else about the weather has been so shit I just want more good days.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 11:39 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Holy shit. Just happened to check the records for today...

Highest high: 29.4C (1947)
Lowest low: 1.1C (1955)

That low! So I checked the surrounding days...

July 22: 5.0C (1955)
July 24: 4.2C (1981)

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
It's interesting how continental the weather in northern France can be in the summer. I guess the hot air can easily come up from the Mediterranean area, which itself isn't that far from Africa. The sea between Spain and Morocco is about the same size as some of the Great Lakes.

London is only about 250 km away from Caen. The forecast on Tuesday? 25. The all-time record there is 38. Then again, Caen's record is only marginally warmer.
Northern France can definitely feel continental in the summer. Things would probably be different in Eastern Canada if you replaced the hot and humid Deep South with a hot and dry desert similar to the Sahara, but as it is, the air is so humid here in the summer that we virtually never go above 37-38C. I would be shocked to see a 40C in (South) Eastern Canada in my lifetime, but who knows. 40C is extremely rare over here but it can happen and it is usually in the more continental Northern Ontario and Northern Quebec.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 12:38 PM

Sun and cloud and 17 at 10am. Should warm up to about 20 today, but it'll rain this afternoon. Looking like a decent few days ahead of us, with a nice weekend.

Things are looking seasonal. Now it'd be nice to get some above-seasonal, humid summer weather. That may be asking too much though considering it was just 12 degrees a few days ago....

EDIT: July has been pretty bad, but it hasn't been as bad as 2015 (avg July high for St. John's is 21 degrees)

https://twitter.com/EddieSheerr/stat...78634041888769

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
Northern France can definitely feel continental in the summer. Things would probably be different in Eastern Canada if you replaced the hot and humid Deep South with a hot and dry desert similar to the Sahara, but as it is, the air is so humid here in the summer that we virtually never go above 37-38C. I would be shocked to see a 40C in (South) Eastern Canada in my lifetime, but who knows. 40C is extremely rare over here but it can happen and it is usually in the more continental Northern Ontario and Northern Quebec.
Windsor hit 40.2C in 1988, so 31 Year’s ago

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 1:20 PM
ARTchitecture

Ugh, it's gonna be a scorcher; ambient temp of 32, humidex of 35, full sun. At least I can throw the sprinkler on full-blast and lay in it after my midterm is done at noon

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north 42 View Post
Windsor hit 40.2C in 1988, so 31 Year’s ago
Yes it's not impossible to see 40C, but I suppose the air would have to be exceptionally dry. NYC and Washington have both hit 41C in the 1930's, but seem to top at 38C almost all the time, including in the most recent heatwave just last week. Due to very high humidity levels, Miami is constantly stuck at 31-33C in the summer time.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
Yes it's not impossible to see 40C, but I suppose the air would have to be exceptionally dry. NYC and Washington have both hit 41C in the 1930's, but seem to top at 38C almost all the time, including in the most recent heatwave just last week. Due to very high humidity levels, Miami is constantly stuck at 31-33C in the summer time.
The air was exceptionally dry from the southwestern US when that happened, it is almost impossible to reach that here with high humidity, as you said.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:24 PM

Heat warning is up already for Edmonton. Today should be feeling like low 30s. Humidity is high. Gardens are still quite wet from all the rain.

Was out at a project site yesterday afternoon. wearing full PPE I had a river of sweat running down my back after an hour. And I only climbed into the trench once.

Good thing the site has a deep sand and gravel base. mud was not bad at all.

Outlook for the rest of the week looks pleasant, some showers tomorrow then low 20s the rest of the week.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:48 PM
ARTchitecture

I wonder why yall got a heat warning up there but have a very similar forecast to us, just a couple degrees cooler over the next week. Maybe they just haven't issued one down here yet? How peculiar.

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:55 PM
Suburbs Suck

33C today feeling like 36C
UV index 9
Beach day for sure this will be a hot one.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
I wonder why yall got a heat warning up there but have a very similar forecast to us, just a couple degrees cooler over the next week. Maybe they just haven't issued one down here yet? How peculiar.
cuz we are wimps.

It was posted at 4:36 am. 31 plus humidity 36

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:01 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
cuz we are wimps.
Looking at the alerts map, it looks like most of of AB and SK are in heat warnings, yet Calgary is supposed to be 2 degrees warmer today.

Edit: ooof nevermind, Medicine Hat is supposed to be 36 with a humidex of 38, with Lethbridge in a similar situation. Christ almighty. Already 22 at 9 am in Calgary.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:15 PM

^It likely has to do with yesterday's weather. In Edmonton it was pushing warning criteria, whereas in Calgary it wasn't that close. The criteria for Alberta (excluding southern AB):

Quote:
Issued when 2 or more consecutive days of daytime maximum temperatures are expected to reach 29°C or warmer and nighttime minimum temperatures are expected to fall to 14°C or warmer.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:19 PM
is watching.

17 and sunny in Victoria at 8am this morning, Nice. A high of 23 is forecast today in the sunshine.

Yesterday we had highs of: 24 (Airport); 25 (Uvic); 26 (Langford GV) ... warmspot on the Island was Duncan/North Cowichan @ 29

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada