HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 1:27 PM
+

Vancouver 2010: The World Awaits!

All Images Taken From www.flickr.com

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 7:55 PM
Dérive-r

Wow that's a great set you've compiled there, albeit depressing. That last one is disturbing. Needles creep me out.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 11:08 PM

Every city has their bad neighborhoods, but ours are world class!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 11:10 PM

Dp

Old Posted Oct 27, 2007, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedy13 View Post
Wow that's a great set you've compiled there, albeit depressing. That last one is disturbing. Needles creep me out.
Just cleaned out under my deck and found two needles, a crack pipe, used condoms, and 3 pairs of whore shoes.
Kingsway and Victoria, half way down the conveyor belt whose last stop is Main and Hastings. At least thats how I see it, you have the decent hookers up by Collingwood and then the closer you go to Main and Hastings the worse they get...you can actualy see the process if you watch the hookers over a few year span as they slowly drift north west Along kingsway.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2007, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
Every city has their bad neighborhoods, but ours are world class!

Thats just too funny. They should use this as a slogan for the downtown east side during the olympics. A slogan such as this if used properly can neutralize any negativity towards Vancouver regarding that neighborhood, words are weapons and if used properly can slay any foe. I dont want to get in to the actual details of how this would actually work but mark my works that it would. The human mind and perception is easy to screw with, societies mind and perception is even easier to scew with. All you have to do is press the right buttons, use the right words and do the right actions and presto.

I can already see a huge banner stretching across and above Hastings at Main that reads, Every city has their bad neighborhoods, but ours are world class.
That would just be beautiful.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2007, 2:59 PM
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post

Thats just too funny. They should use this as a slogan for the downtown east side during the olympics. A slogan such as this if used properly can neutralize any negativity towards Vancouver regarding that neighborhood, words are weapons and if used properly can slay any foe. I dont want to get in to the actual details of how this would actually work but mark my works that it would. The human mind and perception is easy to screw with, societies mind and perception is even easier to scew with. All you have to do is press the right buttons, use the right words and do the right actions and presto.

I can already see a huge banner stretching across and above Hastings at Main that reads, Every city has their bad neighborhoods, but ours are world class.
That would just be beautiful.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 3:43 PM

^

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 5:46 AM

It's not like the Americans know where Vancouver is anyways, and the ones who do know about Vancouver's gritty east side, will not come to the city post-2010 because our dollar will probably be $1.15 US.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos