HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L41A View Post
You are sounding more and more small-minded the more you speak on the matter. Now you have a problem with “the type of people”. Afonega probably put it best, “YOU decided too many black people around downtown for YOUR taste”. I just don't see how an open-minded person can look at those pictures and come to the conclusion that the area is such a horrible place and lacking in diversity. I see students, street vendors, workers, some peep playing chess in the park, some peep hanging out, etc. But all you see is Black people - or one “type of people”. Furthermore, crime is probably higher in Midtown than it is Downtown Five Points (at least from what you hear from on local news).

You lost almost all credibility with me with your first comments suggesting there being too many Black folk in Five Points or one “type of people” that just happen to be mostly Black. Anything else you may suggest is suspicious to me whether or not you voted for Obama, are Democrat, are Black, are White, are Republican, are Japanese, are rich, etc...
Those pictures Afonega posted are not of Five Points or Underground. The pictures in this post are and you can clearly see the difference. Also, I recall in the news two people being murdered at Five Points already this year. That in addition to all the homeless people and crackhead bums who harass people on a daily basis. Also, I don't really care what you think of me. People like you choose to be oblivious to problems with Five Points and Underground and it's unfortunate. Nobody wants to say anything because if you do you are automatically a racist in this city. It's so pathetic.

And the recent crimes in Va-Hi (not really Midtown) weren't from people who live in the area. It's the thugs that come in from the ghetto who rape, steal, and murder innocent people. Now that they have pretty much all been arrested and patrols have stepped up, you haven't heard much news from there so don't try to spin it.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 12:03 PM

These pictures are awesome man I see this everyday. I love that old Urban mix of new and old in Downtown Atlanta.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986 View Post
Those pictures Afonega posted are not of Five Points or Underground. The pictures in this post are and you can clearly see the difference. Also, I recall in the news two people being murdered at Five Points already this year. That in addition to all the homeless people and crackhead bums who harass people on a daily basis. Also, I don't really care what you think of me. People like you choose to be oblivious to problems with Five Points and Underground and it's unfortunate. Nobody wants to say anything because if you do you are automatically a racist in this city. It's so pathetic.

And the recent crimes in Va-Hi (not really Midtown) weren't from people who live in the area. It's the thugs that come in from the ghetto who rape, steal, and murder innocent people. Now that they have pretty much all been arrested and patrols have stepped up, you haven't heard much news from there so don't try to spin it.

You sound really one tracked minded. I guess we shouldnt move to the northern suburbs of Atlanta since there infested with Drugs and Child molesters?

http://www.ajc.com/news/north-fulton...bs-946156.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos