HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 3:50 PM
-

The Jung

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 3:55 PM
-

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 8:40 PM
NOLA Razorback

[/QUOTE]

I noticed this yesterday, what is it?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 9:06 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
I noticed this yesterday, what is it?[/QUOTE]

Apartments and commercial space

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 1:23 AM
-

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 9:53 PM

New Market & Historic Tax Credits

'An extraordinary chilling effect': Developers warn against cuts to federal tax credits, The New Orleans Advocate, BY RICHARD THOMPSON AND BRYN STOLE | rthompson@theadvocate.com bstole@theadvocate.com NOV 11, 2017 - 9:00 PM

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...6aab6521e.html

“A generous federal tax credit that developers say has had a catalytic effect on the commercial redevelopment of historic buildings, particularly in downtown New Orleans, could be on the chopping block under the broad tax-overhaul plan that House Republicans unveiled this month.

Whether or not the program is sound public policy — and whether or not it’s driving development decisions — it certainly is being used.“

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 12:00 AM

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...louisiana.html
Governor to make economic development announcement tomorrow at the superdome. "One of the largest in the state's history"

Any guesses?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 1:21 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...louisiana.html
Governor to make economic development announcement tomorrow at the superdome. "One of the largest in the state's history"

Any guesses?
I'm quite curious too.. Wonder if it'll be a fortune 500 company or something. Hopefully it's nothing to do with Oil and Gas expanding

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 2:18 AM
TL;DR

^ Curious to hold it at the Superdome (Champions Square?)

Whatever it is, it must concern New Orleans specifically. For some reason I doubt it will be an HQ, but maybe a major manufacturing operation? A few hundred good-paying jobs in NO East or Algiers would go a long way. Shipbuilding maybe?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 3:38 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
^ Curious to hold it at the Superdome (Champions Square?)

Whatever it is, it must concern New Orleans specifically. For some reason I doubt it will be an HQ, but maybe a major manufacturing operation? A few hundred good-paying jobs in NO East or Algiers would go a long way. Shipbuilding maybe?
I don't know, maybe a train between here and BR, convention center? I hope it's actually a huge thing, saying one of the largest economic developments in the state's history is a large claim.

Last edited by jjslonaker; Nov 13, 2017 at 4:07 AM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 4:28 AM

The architectural firm out of San Francisco that was paid earlier this year to design the possible new upgrades to the Superdome & surrounding area is supposed to be releasing the designs before the end of the year. Maybe this is it?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 4:48 AM
TL;DR

If this really is just a press conference for Superdome upgrades, that really is a lot of hot air. Biggest economic development in LA history?

But yes, Bel Edwards was always in favor of building the NOLA-BR commuter line. That could be transformative, it would link the state's two biggest economies and biggest universities to the primary airport. It'd be great if he found a way to fund it. Or maybe he's partnered up with Elon Musk to build a pipe dream hyperloop...

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:17 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
If this really is just a press conference for Superdome upgrades, that really is a lot of hot air. Biggest economic development in LA history?

But yes, Bel Edwards was always in favor of building the NOLA-BR commuter line. That could be transformative, it would link the state's two biggest economies and biggest universities to the primary airport. It'd be great if he found a way to fund it. Or maybe he's partnered up with Elon Musk to build a pipe dream hyperloop...
Yeah I thought it might be about the Superdome, but I was under the impression that the plans were more of a preimptive thing to do in a decade or so. I hope that’s not it, despite really wanting to see what Gensler comes up with. If it is that’ll certainly be underwhelming for a hyped announcement

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:26 AM

I think it would be premature for it to be anything infrastructure related like dome upgrades or commuter rail - not like the state has a ton of extra cash on hand. From what I've seen on some other forums, it is likely a major new tech-related employer to be located in the CBD. Now, of course, the questions are who and where. If it truly is one of the largest in the state's history, it would be bigger than just a GE or IBM office.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:36 AM

prokowave

I think it would be premature for it to be anything infrastructure related like dome upgrades or commuter rail - not like the state has a ton of extra cash on hand. From what I've seen on some other forums, it is likely a major new tech-related employer to be located in the CBD. Now, of course, the questions are who and where. If it truly is one of the largest in the state's history, it would be bigger than just a GE or IBM office.

Please advise what other forums you are referencing.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:37 AM

The potential Superdome upgrades, according to news articles earlier this year, are supposed to begin after we host the NCAA National Championship Game in 2020. We’re trying to land the next Super Bowl we’re able to host in 2023.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:56 AM

Tiger Droppings. I wouldn't doubt what's on there as there seem to be a lot of major players (or at least those in the know) in politics and business posting. I've seen the phrase "established tech company" so I guess it could be GE with a major expansion of their NOLA offices.

Probably unrelated, but I do think the state needs to be proactive if they want to retain the CenturyLink HQ - I don't think Monroe is a realistically sustainable location. At least MSY would offer a major upgrade in terms of flight availability.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 10:14 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algerine View Post
'An extraordinary chilling effect': Developers warn against cuts to federal tax credits, The New Orleans Advocate, BY RICHARD THOMPSON AND BRYN STOLE | rthompson@theadvocate.com bstole@theadvocate.com NOV 11, 2017 - 9:00 PM

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...6aab6521e.html

“A generous federal tax credit that developers say has had a catalytic effect on the commercial redevelopment of historic buildings, particularly in downtown New Orleans, could be on the chopping block under the broad tax-overhaul plan that House Republicans unveiled this month.

Whether or not the program is sound public policy — and whether or not it’s driving development decisions — it certainly is being used.“
if they do want to get rid of the program it would be nice if they just extended for a few years with a sunset period. that would fast track development for any remaining historic buildings. we dont really have that many left to be honest anyways

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 10:15 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Tiger Droppings. I wouldn't doubt what's on there as there seem to be a lot of major players (or at least those in the know) in politics and business posting. I've seen the phrase "established tech company" so I guess it could be GE with a major expansion of their NOLA offices.

Probably unrelated, but I do think the state needs to be proactive if they want to retain the CenturyLink HQ - I don't think Monroe is a realistically sustainable location. At least MSY would offer a major upgrade in terms of flight availability.
totally agree about century link

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 11:33 AM
-

512 Conti & 516 Conti St: 16-24076-VCGEN & 16-24074-VCGEN; Michael Tabb, applicant; 516
Conti LLC, owner; Proposal to resubdivide properties, renovate vacant buildings, and construct
new egress stair tower and rooftop deck, in conjunction with a change of use from vacant to
commercial/residential, per application & materials received 07/22/16 & 10/16/17, respectively

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations