HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 9:52 AM
arf

Photo Contest #71 - convenience store (May 5th)

Congratulations to HomeInMyShoes for the win in photo contest #70 Sweet Scenes.

Your quest for the next round is:

convenience store

convenience store: the local store; the place you went as a kid to get candy and sodas; the place the teenagers hang out in front of; the place that sells you post-dated sour cream at inflated prices.

As almost always:
- send a PM to HomeInMyShoes with your entry
- one entry per forumer, must be your own photo
- try not to enter a photo already entered in a previous contest
- maximum size is 800x600
- include the photo title in your message if you have and want a title
- entries must be in by May 5th (Monday) midnight

A couple to get you thinking about your local convenience store.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:25 PM

This will be a good one

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 3:00 PM
YIMBY co-founder

I'm thinking I'll enter this one, now to think of where to shoot the pic...
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 10:01 PM
arf

Tick tick tick.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 10:37 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Damn it. The only good places where I can get pictures are the only places where I would get my camera stolen.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 5:02 AM
Meh

Crap. I wish I had seen this a few days ago. We have your average convenience store just a few hundred feet from our house. I've been going there since I was a teenager for candy and soda. Now I go for beer and incense. lol Not sure what kind of interesting shot I could get there, but it's the place I grew up with that nearly rotted my teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01
Damn it. The only good places where I can get pictures are the only places where I would get my camera stolen.
I got my GT Performer stolen once (300 dollar bicycle) at the convenience store I'm talking about. My brother, cousin and our friends rode up there one day for candy and soda and some guy hopped on my bike and took off around the corner. My cousin ran up and said, hey, someone stole your bike. Luckily a guy sitting in his truck saw the kid grab it and actually drove his truck and followed him. I called home and my parents called the police. We told them where he went. The police went into a neighborhood of apartment complexes and found the guy sitting on my bike. He ditched it and ran, but they caught him. The guy in the truck was able to identify the kid and he went after him with the intention of watching where he went. Anyway, the guy in the truck actually owned a pizza parlor down the street. So we had pizza for dinner.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 5:14 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Haha. But see, if I got my camera stolen there, all the other people would do is kick my ass and probably strip me down until I only have my underwear on. At least you got your bike. I don't wanna risk it. That guy in the truck is nice. And you got pizza. Lucky.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 6:13 AM
Meh

Other than that, I've never had trouble up there. And it's amazing considering how many times and the wide range of times of the day I go up there for stuff.

Within a month after my bike was stolen, my two friends also had their bicycles stolen at different locations, (again, 300 dollar GT bicycles). My cousin and I even saw the guy riding our friend's bike one day while we were on the school bus a few days after he'd stolen it. Amazingly both of them got their bikes back too.

And yes, I've seen some shady convenience stores. Like the one my brother and I would walk to in Pensacola, Florida for beer just after dusk and have 14 year olds offer us cocaine.

Old Posted May 6, 2008, 4:00 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

this should be esay.... goes diging threw to see what i have of my local store since deadline is midnight... wish i had noticed this earlyer

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography