HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 8:23 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azliam View Post
It looks like the name is up on the hotel now.
Yea, they also have it listed on Hampton's website now (http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...THX/index.html). I haven't heard when the opening date is, but must be very close.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Yea, they also have it listed on Hampton's website now (http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...THX/index.html). I haven't heard when the opening date is, but must be very close.
"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival May 14, 2018 and beyond."

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 9:58 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival May 14, 2018 and beyond."
Ah, thanks. I just skimmed over the site. Didn't see the date. Thanks

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 6:24 PM
Modulator

Was doing my after work walk last night and walked by the new Hampton. This is actually a pretty nice little hotel on a good spot. The lack of garage is pretty nice and creates a more urban corner. Took a quick snapshot.

Also, verified the variance sign for the residential portion is still the abandonment hearing that happened a few months back. Still no news on when this will start.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:50 PM

I noticed that it looks like they have moved most of the equipment and dumpsters from the Hampton inn construction off the apartment lot, maybe it’s a sign that they will begin construction on the apt tower soon.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I noticed that it looks like they have moved most of the equipment and dumpsters from the Hampton inn construction off the apartment lot, maybe it’s a sign that they will begin construction on the apt tower soon.
I hope you're right, but it's probably more of a sign that construction of the hotel is over and they don't need the dumpsters, and/or they need the parking lot available.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 5:30 PM
Modulator

So, not sure if anyone noticed this. But they had pulled the fence down over the weekend where the residential portion is to go and they put up a new fence yesterday. This is a good sign that construction is eminent.

*Edit: Stopped by during lunch and asked a couple construction workers onsite when the residential tower is going to start. "Soon...very Soon" is what I got from them. Lol

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; Apr 25, 2018 at 7:24 PM.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 6:04 PM
Modulator

OxBlue Cam

The construction cam has not posted any new images since 6:59am yesterday. Does anyone know if there is anything going on with the residential site by any chance (not sure why the camera is down)?

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 6:17 PM

Quote:
The construction cam has not posted any new images since 6:59am yesterday. Does anyone know if there is anything going on with the residential site by any chance (not sure why the camera is down)?
Ive noticed they have kept the neighboring lot empty of cars and equipment for several days. I think this one is going soon.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 6:59 PM
Modulator

I sure hope so. We have like 15 proposed towers and only 3 have started so far. We need more of these to start moving!

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 10:08 PM
Modulator

Hold on to your butts!

I got too antsy and decided to do some research since construction seems to be imminent. I found a plan review that was submitted in January for a new address and name for Central Park East. The development is now called "Kenect Phoenix" (Plan Review 17-1153). The description calls for 20 floors. HOWEVER, I also found a website with renderings for a 24 story tower (6 floor garage podium, 17 floors residential and ground level retail) The website happens to be hidden and is not linked on the projects page which probably means it isn't meant to be seen yet. Oops! Along with renderings, there is also a short video and a nifty 3D rendering that's fun to mess around with for multiple angles.

In the first rendering, you can clearly see Hampton Inn which verifies this is what the newest rendering is. The existing entrance on Polk will go under the tower to access the garage and the tower will butt up against the Hampton Inn. New renderings look good!

https://www.perkinswillvx.com/phx

*Edit: I missed that the site plan review was posted back in January. So enjoy the renderings!

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; May 8, 2018 at 11:01 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Hold on to your butts!

I got too antsy and decided to do some research since construction seems to be imminent. I found a plan review that was submitted in January for a new address and name for Central Park East. The development is now called "Kenect Phoenix" (Plan Review 17-1153). The description calls for 20 floors. HOWEVER, I also found a website with renderings for a 24 story tower (6 floor garage podium, 17 floors residential and ground level retail) The website happens to be hidden and is not linked on the projects page which probably means it isn't meant to be seen yet. Oops! Along with renderings, there is also a short video and a nifty 3D rendering that's fun to mess around with for multiple angles.

In the first rendering, you can clearly see Hampton Inn which verifies this is what the newest rendering is. The existing entrance on Polk will go under the tower to access the garage and the tower will butt up against the Hampton Inn. New renderings look good!
Impressive sleuthing, nice work! Looks good to me. Build baby build.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 12:14 AM
Skyriser

I don't understand why they have to put all those apartments on top of that nice garage. People need a place to park downtown.

j/k

I love New Skyscraper Rendering Day here. Thanks Ronnie for sharing the torch!

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 7:31 AM

^^^^^Wow that's a nice looking building, I'm a fan of those White curvey fins. I hope we get this instead of the original proposed rendering.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 2:23 PM

WOW, WOW, and more WOW!!!

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:46 PM

Nice work, Ronnie!

Fantastic looking building/garage.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 4:25 PM

I am sure there is some kind of rubrik to calculate need, but there are 73 fewer parking spaces than units? They must know that at least 73 people will not have cars and travel in other methods? interesting.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 5:12 PM
BANNED

Hubba, hubba! Please start building this now!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 5:14 PM
Modulator

Akara Partners Buys Land for Downtown Phoenix Tower

Some great news for Kenect. Officially stating this will be 23 stories instead of 20 which was in the original plans I believe. So this project has gained 3 more floors and should start rolling soon!

Quote:
Akara Partners Buys Land for Downtown Phoenix Tower

The project, Kenect Phoenix, is set to comprise 320 units across 23 stories, and feature multiple rooftop amenities, as well as 8,000 square feet of ground-floor retail.

Jun 14, 2018 by Tudor Scolca
Downtown Phoenix

Akara Partners has closed on a land parcel in downtown Phoenix for a mixed-use development, Kenect Phoenix. The company plans to enable the growth of live-work-play environments, as the planned community will include approximately 8,000 square feet of ground-floor retail.

The site is located at 355 N. Central Ave., within walking distance of Arizona State University and across the street from the Van Buren/Central Avenue light rail station. The 23-story building is slated to have a total of 320 units, with a floorplan mix ranging from studios to three-bedroom apartments. Amenities will include integrated furnishings, social and co-working lounges, a fitness center, as well as a rooftop deck with a swimming pool, grill area and fire pits.

The downtown location enables future residents to access all that Phoenix has to offer, from a plethora of dining and entertainment options, to retail destinations and various employers. The Phoenix Convention Center, Arizona Center, Arizona Science Center and Chase Field are all within minutes of Kenect Phoenix.

“Phoenix is increasing in population and employment opportunities faster than almost any other city. We see that growth continuing across the region and especially downtown, which combines the vibrancy of a live-work-play neighborhood with the amenities of an urban core,” said Rajen Shastri, founder & CEO of Akara.
https://www.multihousingnews.com/pos...phoenix-tower/

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 7:01 PM

Come on start building already!!

This will make it not much smaller than Freeport next door right? another big game changer for the skyline

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest