HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 6:16 PM
Kev K

Im almost afraid to bring it up due to this thread's short temper when it comes to this (and related) issues but the retail rendering looks shows quite a wide curb cut.

This is a bummer since 1180 Peachtree has a wide curb cut already on 14th adjacent to the Opus site & Promenade II has another on the opposite side of the site.

I always thought the vision was combining at least two of the three cuts for the purposes of pedestrian safety and saving the mid-block "alley" for the pedestrian-focused art-walk stretching from 15th down on south along Crescent/Cypress.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 6:53 PM

Well that was fast. Selig already applied for a building permit to start work on "The Works" upper westside. "Renovations include addition of common area restrooms and facade changes to include new window openings, awnings and handicap accessibility."

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 7:20 PM

[QUOTE=Atlanta3000;7892556]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post

I love you P2.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATBOYKEV View Post

Im almost afraid to bring it up due to this thread's short temper when it comes to this (and related) issues but the retail rendering looks shows quite a wide curb cut.

This is a bummer since 1180 Peachtree has a wide curb cut already on 14th adjacent to the Opus site & Promenade II has another on the opposite side of the site.

I always thought the vision was combining at least two of the three cuts for the purposes of pedestrian safety and saving the mid-block "alley" for the pedestrian-focused art-walk stretching from 15th down on south along Crescent/Cypress.
Ideally you want as few curb cuts as possible on the major streets but I don't find this as bad as in some other places. For one thing, this development doesn't have the option of putting the entrances on side streets. Secondly, that block is so massive that the curb cuts can act almost like streets and could even be signalized. If you look across the street. In the same span where there are three curb cuts on the North side of 14th, there appears to be 8 on the south side.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 8:21 PM

Delete

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 8:58 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Ideally you want as few curb cuts as possible on the major streets but I don't find this as bad as in some other places. For one thing, this development doesn't have the option of putting the entrances on side streets. Secondly, that block is so massive that the curb cuts can act almost like streets and could even be signalized. If you look across the street. In the same span where there are three curb cuts on the North side of 14th, there appears to be 8 on the south side.
I see what you mean, but that Promenade II Cut is a bummer. It separates & isolates the very nice OAC park from the Opus Cultural Center building. The Opus Campus could have "frontage" on W Peachtree St, which is becoming pedestrian-friendly at a shocking rate.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 12:57 AM

Life Hope Tower website - I believe this is where JR Crickets is currently located on North Ave and Juniper/Courtland - not much info - but some exciting renderings

http://lifehopetoweratlanta.com/

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
well damn! i was just thinking about this very building. this is incredible news - so many people were saying this was probably going to get torn down for so long...
It really is amazing news! This pretty much confirms that Downtown is roaring back.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
It really is amazing news! This pretty much confirms that Downtown is roaring back.
Yeah, I was expecting downtown to really take off "next cycle" but it appears it is happening now.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
PFVS Architects - Mixed Use Projects

Both of these projects were added to their website in the last week. Not sure if they are real or not.
https://www.pfvs.com/copy-of-r-e-s-o-r-t-s

14st and Spring

Tower Walk Buckhead

Now wait a damn minute...

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 2:04 PM

I cannot get over how well the 14th & Spring project goes with our skyline (from Piedmont Park). Really looks like an "oh, that's definitely Atlanta" sort of skyscraper.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:04 PM

The rendering from Piedmont Park makes it look very similar to Trump Tower in Chicago.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:37 PM

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but this is what is currently planned for the empty lot at 14th and Spring:

Quote:
Greenstone Properties plans to transform a one-acre parking lot off Spring and 14th streets into a 10-story, 250K SF office building that will overlook the Downtown Connector.

Called 14th & Spring, Greenstone has its parcel under contract from a local investor who owns the entire two-acre parking lot, Greenstone principal Chris Scott said. The site sits across Spring Street from Related Group's Icon Midtown mixed-use project, which includes a Whole Foods Market.

Scott said Greenstone is aiming to develop its project in conjunction with a unnamed multifamily developer, who is in talks to buy the second half of the two-acre parcel independent of Greenstone. That developer plans to build a 12-story, 330-unit mid-rise apartment, he said.
Link: Greenstone Properties Aiming For Office Building Debut In Midtown

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:46 PM

Not disappointed at all! It's great news that that block is being developed. PFVS always has conceptual renderings on their website. Another vacant lot bites the dust!!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:49 PM

I knew that 14th and Spring was that pre-recession proposal prior.

Anything is better than the ugly parking lot that sits today so idc

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but this is what is currently planned for the empty lot at 14th and Spring:

How dare you sir! You have ruined my day.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Not disappointed at all! It's great news that that block is being developed. PFVS always has conceptual renderings on their website. Another vacant lot bites the dust!!
I agree. I think this project looks great. That empty parking lot is a major eyesore.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 5:04 PM

Quote:
I agree. I think this project looks great. That empty parking lot is a major eyesore.
I concur as well! The smaller project fits better with the scale going on at that location, anyhow. Any idea what the billboard says? "Atlanta City Pass..."

Besides, let's save a prominent design like the other rendering for 1125 Peachtree. That would give it forever views of and from Piedmont Park with a lasting impact on our skyline. I cannot wait for Williams Street to Juniper between 14th & 10th streets to be build out. As much as I enjoy the lower half of Midtown filling in, anything below 5th starts to get too far from a large public park for my liking.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
How dare you sir! You have ruined my day.
With GA Power high voltage transmission lines on 3 sides of the property, this is hardly a good spot for any signature building. Glad it is being developed. I would love to see how much it would cost to bury the high voltage line from this transformer station to Piedmont park.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 5:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Somebody at Greensstone/COA Zoning doesn't have their thinking cap on because this location across from Whole Fields would be a holy grail site for high-density condo/apartment/hotel. There are a ton high value sites for office space in midtown, why across from a grocery store?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations