HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 22, 2017, 6:46 AM

They just need a house sitting in the middle of the highway to complete it.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
This road shows the full competence of Translink and the Metro board of mayors. And people want them to replace the Patullo...

Major road projects should be done by MOT. All major bridges along major routes and all highways/major express ways should be moved over to the provincial jurisdiction and out of the hands of Translink and the board.
Nailed it, so nailed it.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 7:22 AM

The intersection at 179th street is currently blocked with a divider but I see people doing U-turns all the time because they can't turn left. Last Thursday CN Rail was testing the crossing signals. I suspect that once Hydro gets their pole out of the way that the intersection lights will be activated and people will be able to make left-hand turns. The 104th crossing is still being preloaded before it is redesigned.... probably this spring\summer.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 4:08 AM

Was at GEW and 179th street and Hydro has finally removed the poles that were in the middle of the road. I expect the new traffic lights to be operational soon so people can make left-hand turns to go east and left-hand turns to go south. Currently concrete barriers prevent that.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 10:43 PM

Road looking pretty rough lately just east of 96th. Gouges in the pavement centre line and shoulder lines are worn out and non existent. And of course no reflectors at all. Why even bother paining the lines if they wear out so quickly. Oh and fuck those lights at 104th/rail yards. Sit there waiting for no one. I just stopped and then ran them. Road is not even 2 years old and still looks like crap.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
Road looking pretty rough lately just east of 96th. Gouges in the pavement centre line and shoulder lines are worn out and non existent. And of course no reflectors at all. Why even bother paining the lines if they wear out so quickly. Oh and fuck those lights at 104th/rail yards. Sit there waiting for no one. I just stopped and then ran them. Road is not even 2 years old and still looks like crap.
The problem with this road is that it is heavily used by trucks so it wears a lot quicker. The still not working lights at 179th st will probably start in the spring. The stupid lights at 104th won't get fixed until the right turning lane from GEC to 104th east bound is completed. Still ground loading at this point.

The whole road needs much better lighting.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainguy View Post
The problem with this road is that it is heavily used by trucks so it wears a lot quicker. The still not working lights at 179th st will probably start in the spring. The stupid lights at 104th won't get fixed until the right turning lane from GEC to 104th east bound is completed. Still ground loading at this point.

The whole road needs much better lighting.
That entire road needs a complete rebuild not too far in the future. It should have opened as 4 lanes (as originally planned) and that entire SFPR / 104th / GEC segment needs to be rebuilt as an interchange (and I assume is the eventual plan).

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 4:35 AM
Dahvie Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
That entire road needs a complete rebuild not too far in the future. It should have opened as 4 lanes (as originally planned) and that entire SFPR / 104th / GEC segment needs to be rebuilt as an interchange (and I assume is the eventual plan).
How about they fix the bump first

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libtard View Post
How about they fix the bump first
You mean the bump near 136th street?

Yeah, that’s embarrassing.

Is it still there??

If so maybe time to consider a short bridge structure there?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 7:41 AM

the lines prematurely fading is a big problem ever since they had to go to "environmentally friendly" paint. it fades ridiculously fast. and our reflectors are crap; they come off easily and especially with trucks running them over.

we should use the British cats eyes style that are spring loaded and metal. they last much much much longer and reflect amazingly.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
the lines prematurely fading is a big problem ever since they had to go to "environmentally friendly" paint. it fades ridiculously fast. and our reflectors are crap; they come off easily and especially with trucks running them over.

we should use the British cats eyes style that are spring loaded and metal. they last much much much longer and reflect amazingly.
I thought the province already recognized the weakness of using water based paint, and was to implement plans to repaint lane markings along certain corridors using the same lane marking paint that is on the Sea to Sky highway?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
You mean the bump near 136th street?

Yeah, that’s embarrassing.

Is it still there??

If so maybe time to consider a short bridge structure there?
Still there. You can actually catch air. The good news is dunno what's going on with the truck parking facility. Sign is still there but no start to the construction. That's good news because it was going to be a new signalized intersection but I guess we just delaying the inevitable. We don't need more lights on the 17 which is a joke.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 4:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
I thought the province already recognized the weakness of using water based paint, and was to implement plans to repaint lane markings along certain corridors using the same lane marking paint that is on the Sea to Sky highway?
Sorry, don't mean to sound like a broken record here. Drove on the connector today. Absolutely flabbergasted on the state of the 2 lane section of the connector when it's still essentially a brand new road. The centre line and shoulder lines are basically gone. You can barely see them even in daylight. And of course still no reflectors at all. They may as well save some money and not bother repainting if they're gonna use the same crappy paint. There are country back roads in Abby that are better conditions than this. Totally unacceptable.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2020, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
Sorry, don't mean to sound like a broken record here. Drove on the connector today. Absolutely flabbergasted on the state of the 2 lane section of the connector when it's still essentially a brand new road. The centre line and shoulder lines are basically gone. You can barely see them even in daylight. And of course still no reflectors at all. They may as well save some money and not bother repainting if they're gonna use the same crappy paint. There are country back roads in Abby that are better conditions than this. Totally unacceptable.
Things look better on this road with the traffic signals working properly and the CN rail crossings completed. The connector should have been built 2 lanes each direction. They cheaped out on that part.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure