HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 7:50 PM

Cool thanks for the photos.

My wife, her mother and I rode the Expo line last weekend. It was cool up until we headed north toward downtown LA. This is when it was slow going along with the traffic signals. Hopefully they will give priority to trains and get them moving along much quicker in this area. I can't wait until they open the last station this summer to Culver City.

Anyway it was my mother in-law first time taking the local trains. The funny thing is there were a few people we met on the train that had never rode any of the trains in LA. This one lady in particular was quite chatty with my mother in-law, she was so eager tell anyone seated near by about her adventure.

I had a good chuckle hearing her talk and blurting out like a little kid how she is taking the Expo Line, the Red Line, and then the Gold Line over to Old Town Pasadena to listen to some live music.

So now my mother in law who lives on the west side near the Expo Line is planning a trip with her sister (it will be her first time) in the near future to take a ride. The funny thing is my mother in law works in downtown LA, has a car but takes the bus to work. I'm trying to convince her to take the train, but I think she likes the fact that a bus stop is close to her place. Plus she only takes one bus, whereas with the train she will need to transfer to the red line and go one stop to get to work. I also don't think she fond of of being underground, so we'll see if I can change her mind.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos