HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Mosaic Potash Hill Centre Tower III in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 6:44 PM
Canadian Urbanite

A troll? Wow.

There is no link. Not everything is posted to the internet. How would you like proof? No, I won't name drop on this site.

I'm actually aware of two other very exciting projects for Regina that have yet to be mentioned, but because I do not have a link I will refrain from mentioning them.

Cheers.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 8:03 PM
Edan

I don't know any better place to put this, And I know it will be read here. This is not just for this thread but for all the Regina construction related thread as well. You guys.. this is not how it is supposed to be. This is a thread in which we are supposed to talk construction, verify rumours and just be happy about any information in which we can obtain. This is not the place to post hundreds of articles about the same few topics over and over again. This is not the place to call each other down about our credibility. This is however the place to share those few secrets that eachother knows and bask in the glory of being the first few to discover something that the general public does not quite yet have their hands on. There is no need to drop names on this site for obvious reasons. And if someone is willing to even share some information in which they really shouldn't, then we should be respectful of the situations in which the information was obtained in the first place. I have watched this thread for the past 4 years and have seen it go from a place of semi-reliable information about Regina construction, to a thread of disdain, repeated information and newspaper articles. This is not the leader post, we are not a newspaper, so unless there is something that relates directly to construction in this city, please refrain from posting it on this thread. This is a discussion about REGINA CONSTRUCTION and related regina construction threads. If there is someone who wants to share any tidbit of information with us, then leave your negative opinions at home and just contribute positively to the discussion. I'm not saying we cannot disprove anything... I am however saying that we can go about this in a positive way. We are a civilized group and Im sure we are able to handle things in a civilized non-threatening manner.

I hope dearly I will not be suspended for this. But it is just something that I think needed to be done. Because the moderators seem to be MIA.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 8:12 PM

Based on the recent tenders that were submitted, there was no information that this building will be reduced to 18 floors. That's not saying its not possible but I am saying if they are reducing the height then they don't have the cost information on what they would be saving. So I highly doubt it.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 9:10 PM

There is no sense getting in a pissing match about it. I was simply stating that the building has been reduced. I have seen the drawings, its down a few metres from what council approved. No big deal...means that there will be more opportunity for another developer to build a massive tower (hint hint... announcement coming soon).

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
A troll? Wow.

There is no link. Not everything is posted to the internet. How would you like proof? No, I won't name drop on this site.

I'm actually aware of two other very exciting projects for Regina that have yet to be mentioned, but because I do not have a link I will refrain from mentioning them.

Cheers.
That was a bit harsh ,i am sure you are a great person with alot of knowledge of the city , you may be right who knows , your posts are always fun to read

Last edited by thefourthtower; Nov 27, 2010 at 10:54 PM.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 11:12 PM

I see no harm in posting Leader-post articles about Regina Construction /Developments. I am not always "in the know" about projects (I am currently in Toronto) though it gives me joy and makes me happy to post articles that are found and have reliable information from the Leaderpost. Sorry youngregina for not posting to your needs. Not everyone can always be pleased however.

Let us not criticize the people who have no interest in the silly fights in with others in this forum and let's let the people who have a joy and love for Regina continue to be included, post and express their passion for the development of such a great city.

Happy Christmas.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 11:15 PM

Sadly I have not been posting or including myself as much of late in this forum.
Why? Because I feel there are some cyber attitudes just waiting to put down others.

Not a nice feeling to get from such an exciting forum.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 11:53 PM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngregina View Post
I don't know any better place to put this, And I know it will be read here. This is not just for this thread but for all the Regina construction related thread as well. You guys.. this is not how it is supposed to be. This is a thread in which we are supposed to talk construction, verify rumours and just be happy about any information in which we can obtain. This is not the place to post hundreds of articles about the same few topics over and over again. This is not the place to call each other down about our credibility. This is however the place to share those few secrets that eachother knows and bask in the glory of being the first few to discover something that the general public does not quite yet have their hands on. There is no need to drop names on this site for obvious reasons. And if someone is willing to even share some information in which they really shouldn't, then we should be respectful of the situations in which the information was obtained in the first place. I have watched this thread for the past 4 years and have seen it go from a place of semi-reliable information about Regina construction, to a thread of disdain, repeated information and newspaper articles. This is not the leader post, we are not a newspaper, so unless there is something that relates directly to construction in this city, please refrain from posting it on this thread. This is a discussion about REGINA CONSTRUCTION and related regina construction threads. If there is someone who wants to share any tidbit of information with us, then leave your negative opinions at home and just contribute positively to the discussion. I'm not saying we cannot disprove anything... I am however saying that we can go about this in a positive way. We are a civilized group and Im sure we are able to handle things in a civilized non-threatening manner.

I hope dearly I will not be suspended for this. But it is just something that I think needed to be done. Because the moderators seem to be MIA.
I know where you are coming from, but I can't just outright ban people because they're obnoxious. There needs to be a legitimate reason (e.g. repeatedly ignoring forum rules). You sound frustrated, and I empathize with that. If you have an issue with another member, please PM me.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 12:00 AM

You might find the ignore function useful. I find it works wonders.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 12:07 AM
BANNED

I'm sorry, but I have to comment. Are people really getting so fired up and upset about someone suggesting that a building might be 18 floors instead of 20, and are even going as far as calling people trolls for suggesting so?...........Really? Is this the biggest issue some people have in their lives? If so, then they don't know how good they have it.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 12:16 AM
working stiff

^ Some people have difficulty dealing with the unknown. Let's not make this a bigger issue than it already is.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 12:59 AM

Saying something like that and not having proof (or anything to back it up) is pretty much the definition of a troll. If the height is reduced then that is extremely unfortunate and I apologize, but I'll wait for an official announcement before I buy into it.

And how does everybody know about these massive "secret" projects. There's been no detailed rumours so someone has done their job on keeping it hush hush. Wheras with the Mosaic tower there've been rumours for over a year.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 1:37 AM
Canadian Urbanite

Because maybe some of us actually work or are involved in the profession?

Again not everything in life can be verified with a You Tube clip. You can take it or leave it.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 1:48 AM

Thanks, Stormer.
Are those other 2 proposals set to go as well?
Love the development that's going on in Queen City.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 6:03 AM

I'm sorry for offending you. This is the most exciting thing to happen in Regina since I've been born so to see it reduced by 10% is extremely disappointing. Can you give us a hint as to why? I mean Regina has a vacancy rate around 1% so the tower makes a lot of sense.

And any hints about these other projects? Will the future Capital Pointe lose it's spot as tallest in Regina?

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 1:41 PM

You now expect people to share insider info after calling them down for doing that very thing? Whether you believe what is posted or not is your problem,take it with a grain of salt and move on and don't ruin it for people like me who like to catch up on exciting new construction info offered by reputable and reliable posters like CCF who created the thread in the first place. Peace.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runt View Post
Thanks, Stormer.
Are those other 2 proposals set to go as well?
Love the development that's going on in Queen City.
Capital pointe is just about there. You can read here:http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=172482

Canterbury Tower is still a ways off.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Sadly I have not been posting or including myself as much of late in this forum.
Why? Because I feel there are some cyber attitudes just waiting to put down others.

Not a nice feeling to get from such an exciting forum.
I was wondering what happened to you , post and enjoy and yes there are always the cyber bullies who love to hate just look at the staduim thread they take great joy in there negative posts, thats the nature of the beast , and if young regina does not like my posts hit the ignore button iam fine with that, the leader post is very reliable , and the story is posted for a few hours then its gone , go on and post if you love regina as i do carry on and post your thoughts, good day

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
There is no sense getting in a pissing match about it. I was simply stating that the building has been reduced. I have seen the drawings, its down a few metres from what council approved. No big deal...means that there will be more opportunity for another developer to build a massive tower (hint hint... announcement coming soon).
There is something in the works , some are not going to be happy when they see it, they say it will be a jaw dropper holy ssss that is being built in Regina

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 6:51 PM

Does anyone know why the Mosaic tower is being reduce? Could they not find tenants?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan