HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 2:43 AM
The Time To Build Is Now

This site is looking like a Chinese construction site, fast progress!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 3:08 AM

I can't think of a single Chinese project that moved this fast. Shanghai tower, maybe - relatively.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 3:36 AM
Khurram Parvaz

This building is the true definition of a skyscraper. It'll definitely scrape the skyline.

But take that out of the equation and minus that for a second, and the pace of construction is incredible.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
This may be the fastest built skyscraper in the US since the ESB.
There's money to be made...

Quote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Documents show the total asking price for 432 Park Ave.'s 122 condominiums—along with staff rooms, office suites and wine cellars—is now $2.43 billion, a record for a Manhattan condominium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
What's the plan for the corner of East 56th And Park? A Plaza? A Park?
It will be a "cube-like" small, glass building that will cantilever a bit over the sidewalk and also serve as an entrance to the underground concourse (it will be linked to the 57th St retail).

The 57th Street side of the base will fit into existing streetwall...

Busy, wet morning...(September 27, 2012)

www.432park.com

www.432park.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 7:41 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvfr800i View Post

I find the construction sequence confounding. After going through the trouble to block out for columns and the core wall, they then deck right over the top of them?? (The cols, at least.) Did they miss a rebar delivery?!?!?
Looks like they eventually cut holes in the decking for the columns.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 11:52 PM
World Machine

Really stunning how quickly things are moving - a trend that will defiantly continue on this site, no doubt.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 11:57 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Really stunning how quickly things are moving - a trend that will defiantly continue on this site, no doubt.
Yeah, it's almost like they're trying to play catch up to One57, though that's not the case and the buildings will come online at different times, especially with the other topped out already. As quickly as they dug that hole in the ground, they are lookiing to fill it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 12:06 AM
Khurram Parvaz

I think it's logically called A SMALL FOOTPRINT, that's making things go seemingly faster.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
I think it's logically called A SMALL FOOTPRINT, that's making things go seemingly faster.
One57 went quickly too, could also have something to do with being a residential building. This thing's going to fly!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 1:32 AM
Bionic Boogie

Untitled-1 by Ceva321, on Flickr
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
No. If you watch construction in New York, you would know that towers with even smaller footprints have taken longer to get off. This is just really good progress, a positive sign here.
And I think it was just last week there was talk here of this thing being stalled at the moment.

Early morning...(September 28, 2012)

www.432park.com

www.432park.com

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 1:20 PM

Preparations begin for the installation of the climbing tower crane at 432 Park Avenue. Two portable light towers have arrived, and the workhorse Link-Belt crane lowered one of them alongside the crane footing. As the days have been getting progressively shorter, it is dark now at the normal start time of 6AM, and even 7AM for the main crew shift. With E.56 Street between Park Avenue and Madison Avenue closed off for the weekend, it is expected that crane erection will commence early, requiring the light towers.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 2:34 PM

Not that it needs repeating, but I have to say I'm stunned at the speed here. Seems like just yesterday the official cam came online and the site was flat dirt at grade

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 3:38 PM
Ex Houstonian

One 52 went up ridiculously quick, it seems like just yesterday I learned about the project and now its TO. I hope this one shoots up just as fast. Gotta appease those billionaires. I have to say the only good thing the vast majority of the top 1% is that they help improve our cities skylines.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 4:38 PM

With all the pictures from above i have a question. The floor being built now is it below street level or at street level?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 4:39 PM

Parts of a DCM crane came across the GW last night. Can't see any of them from the cameras, though, so they might have been for a different site.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
With all the pictures from above i have a question. The floor being built now is it below street level or at street level?
It is below street level.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 8:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
Parts of a DCM crane came across the GW last night. Can't see any of them from the cameras, though, so they might have been for a different site.
It's all coming together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
Crane going up this weekend?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/mot...wkndtraf.shtml

East 56th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue: This street will be closed 6am Saturday to 9pm Sunday to facilitate crane operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
Preparations begin for the installation of the climbing tower crane at 432 Park Avenue. Two portable light towers have arrived, and the workhorse Link-Belt crane lowered one of them alongside the crane footing. As the days have been getting progressively shorter, it is dark now at the normal start time of 6AM, and even 7AM for the main crew shift. With E.56 Street between Park Avenue and Madison Avenue closed off for the weekend, it is expected that crane erection will commence early, requiring the light towers.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 9:50 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
One57 went quickly too, could also have something to do with being a residential building. This thing's going to fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
One 52 went up ridiculously quick, it seems like just yesterday I learned about the project and now its TO. I hope this one shoots up just as fast. Gotta appease those billionaires. I have to say the only good thing the vast majority of the top 1% is that they help improve our cities skylines.
The average residential building in the world is built with a small footprint (why?) 1) to have less condos/housing on one floor (and more on the bottom floors ala One 57), so you could charge more for the prized ones on top. One 57 went up faster largely in part because it is constructed using (FYI The Petronas Towers ALSO concrete were completed in two years). 2) being a residential gives it a smaller footprint. But this building will have its fair share of challenges (structural), it's super slim and has a very wide height to width ratio. Expect it to top out in 2 years (my guarantee).

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 10:22 PM

It's going to be surreal seeing this thing tower over central park, not to mention how it will pop up on anyone heading north on Park Avenue.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive