HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 11:58 PM
She needs her space

^^^Well, there is the whole planning/environmental review/entitlement/approval process that takes a few centuries in SF. Tishman Speyer has some other land working its way through entitlements, I believe (worth somewhere between 900,000-1,000,000 SF). There's also TMG's proposal at First, and that land on Townsend just traded hands yesterday, pre-entitled and zoned for around 300,000 SF. There's also the question of rent growth...I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting to a point where land valuations have to come down on office entitled parcels in order for office developers to make something pencil out if they plan for anything less than "build to core" 10+ year holds. As far into this cycle as we are, you can't underwrite 5%+ rent growths for that much longer going forward, LoL.

The city also has that RFP out for the latest TB block to go on the market, and it has gone down the office route instead of multifamily. I think developers/lenders should be wary of Prop M coming up...we're pretty fast approaching it.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 2:12 AM

Here's the official press release:

Quote:
Tishman Speyer Signs LinkedIn to a 450,000 SF Lease

San Francisco, CA— April 22, 2014 — Mayor Edwin M. Lee and leading global property developer Tishman Speyer today announced that LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network on the Internet, has signed a lease for the entire 26-story building under construction at 222 Second Street. The City’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development estimates that the nearly 450,000 square feet of office space can accommodate approximately 2,500 jobs in San Francisco.

“As a national leader in job creation, San Francisco is the perfect home for a company that is connecting people to jobs, and I am pleased that LinkedIn is significantly expanding their presence here,” said Mayor Lee. LinkedIn’s decision to grow in the Innovation Capital of the World demonstrates, once again, investor confidence in our City.”

“We’re pleased to welcome LinkedIn to our roster of world-class tenants,” said Tishman Speyer Co-CEOs Jerry Speyer and Rob Speyer. “Our objective is to build the very best, sustainable office properties in the best cities around the globe, meeting the high quality space needs of leading organizations. We have had great results in San Francisco, successfully delivering signature office and residential properties to the market in the past several years, with more on the way.”

Headquartered in Mountain View, LinkedIn has been steadily increasing its presence in San Francisco. LinkedIn currently has 135,000 square feet at One Montgomery Tower and soon will be occupying 87,000 square feet at 505 Howard Street.

“With this new building, LinkedIn is committed to expanding in San Francisco, giving us even more access to some of the most talented professionals in the world across a variety of functions, including technology, sales, and operations,” said LinkedIn Head of Workplace Jim Morgensen. “We look forward to San Francisco becoming a larger part of our growing Bay Area presence.”

The new 222 Second Street was designed and is being constructed for LEED Gold certification, and will be ready for occupancy in early 2016. Along with other on-site and area amenities it will feature 8,500 square feet of public space.

“Today’s San Francisco office market is thriving, with companies recognizing the many advantages of a state-of-the-art building in a downtown location,” said Tishman Speyer Senior Managing Director Carl Shannon. “This building was planned and designed accordingly, and we think LinkedIn is a perfect fit.”

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 2:22 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
^^^Well, there is the whole planning/environmental review/entitlement/approval process that takes a few centuries in SF. Tishman Speyer has some other land working its way through entitlements, I believe (worth somewhere between 900,000-1,000,000 SF). There's also TMG's proposal at First, and that land on Townsend just traded hands yesterday, pre-entitled and zoned for around 300,000 SF. There's also the question of rent growth...I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting to a point where land valuations have to come down on office entitled parcels in order for office developers to make something pencil out if they plan for anything less than "build to core" 10+ year holds. As far into this cycle as we are, you can't underwrite 5%+ rent growths for that much longer going forward, LoL.

The city also has that RFP out for the latest TB block to go on the market, and it has gone down the office route instead of multifamily. I think developers/lenders should be wary of Prop M coming up...we're pretty fast approaching it.
Aren't there a few fully-entitled office projects lying around? 350 Bush?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 3:21 AM
She needs her space

350 Bush (which is small in the grand scheme of things...) and 500 Townsend (also small at 300,000 SF). Maybe a couple others. But entitlements expire and even fully entitled sites need all of the stars to align to actually see development. An entitled site like 350 Bush likely won't be developed before an as of yet entitled site south of Market. Why would anyone want to move to that section of the North FiDi before moving to something in the hot new transit-connected mixed-use district that is Transbay or something in SoMa?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 7:54 PM
She needs her space

I rode by yesterday, there is structural steel above ground level...ALREADY, and the crane job is just massive. I will go by today to grab pics because this thing is going to shoot up so fast we will miss it if we don't pay attention.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 7:14 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
I rode by yesterday, there is structural steel above ground level....
I happened to be by today:

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 3:11 PM
She needs her space

Damn, beat me to it! I've been traveling, so I'll eventually get around to uploading lol

Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 2:19 AM

SFHog has some new photos showing the below-grade steel as well:

http://www.sfhog.com/linkedin-towers...-street-level/

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 4:27 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Funny how this was waiting for a crane for so long, then--bam--steel! Were they dragging their feet a little to hedge their bet until a tenant was signed on? Or perhaps other circumstances played a part.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 6:21 AM
She needs her space

This one is FAST:

Huge jib on that crane!

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 7:31 AM

still flying... from Sunday

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 4:31 PM
She needs her space

Sunday evening (June 1):

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 4:53 AM

south up Second

west up Howard

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 3:37 PM

Wow, this one is hauling ass. It looks like they added about 8 floors in 5 weeks. Even though this one started about six months after 350 Mission, it's essentially caught up with it in height. With only about 12 (smaller) floors left to go, this could be topped out by the end of August. Thanks for the photos, timbad!

Here's some new info about the $1 million worth of public art to be displayed in the public lobby:

http://commissions.sfplanning.org/cp...d%20Street.pdf

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 5:25 AM

It's not a very good photo, but the top of this building is now visible from Market & Montgomery:

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 8:45 AM

Taken July 15

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 10:51 PM
Only Mostly Dead

One thing I've been looking forward to with the completion of this tower is that it will cover the ugly side of One Hawthorne when looking west. Mission accomplished:
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
One thing I've been looking forward to with the completion of this tower is that it will cover the ugly side of One Hawthorne when looking west. Mission accomplished:
Couldn't agree more!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
I thought the same thing myself. 👍

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 8:12 AM
She needs her space

Fireproofing on lower floors, so we'll likely see its skin soon, too; up to floor 16:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive