HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 30, 2009, 6:11 PM

Yeah, the offense is No. 2 in points per game.

But the defense just isn't there.

I tried to warn you, BLM303.

I went to that game as well. Had good seats even. I kept looking over at George Karl and he was face-palming the entire game. I would too.

And: By my count this is the second embarrassing loss to a bad team, the first being to the Clippers. Funny how both started with amazing first quarters from Melo.

"I should be floating but I'm weighted by thinking"

Old Posted Nov 30, 2009, 6:17 PM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
That sucked that we lost, but it was fun! Guys night out had a good buzz and a good time.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2009, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Greenbro's been banned right? Well, it's for the best, but it's a shame he's not here to have the Jazz's victory over Portland rubbed in his face.
Haha. Well you can view these forums without being a registered member, so let's rub it in anyway.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Dec 6, 2009, 9:44 PM

Poor Portland! Oden is done for the year! Kneecap.

And Denver looked great with the win at SA.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2009, 1:07 AM

Oden

I think it really sucks for Portland.

They are still a good team who can do some damage. But without the young center, this keeps them from being the elite team in the west that they were poised to be.

But, yeah, go Denver. They looked good last night.

"I should be floating but I'm weighted by thinking"

Old Posted Dec 7, 2009, 2:22 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Yay Jazz. Way to choke to the 2rd worst team in the NBA. But really deep inside I want to believe when people say "This is a different team now" but at the end of the day we just see the same old Jazz.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Dec 7, 2009, 4:26 AM
Robotic Construction

Minnesota got really hungry for wins, their rookies started it figure things out and Jefferson really stepped up his play and became an on the court leader for that team. Any team that underestimates Minnesota and thinks they can take the night off, will have problems from here on out I believe.

The Nuggets are looking like they are the Wests' #2 seed so far again this season. But they are actually getting better, from where they were a good portion of last season. The Nuggets can challenge the Lakers. It would be nice if Denver could get better play from Johan Petro or upgrade him via a trade. A nice 7'+, strong post up style with above average defense is what they need. Then again, doesn't every NBA team?

Old Posted Dec 7, 2009, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
It would be nice if Denver could get better play from Johan Petro or upgrade him via a trade. A nice 7'+, strong post up style with above average defense is what they need. Then again, doesn't every NBA team?
I've been hoping for another big for a long time now, but we never make it happen. I won't criticize the front office though, because they've been doing everything right (letting Dahtay go, replacing him with Afflalo, drafting Lawson, the Billups trade, etc). Maybe they've got a secret mid-season trade in the works.

Petro had a flight going out of DIA at the same time as me earlier this year. It's never a good thing when your 7-foot center can walk around an airport and no one gives him a second look. From what I can tell, he weighs 120 pounds, so perhaps no one could see him when he turned sideways.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2009, 10:11 PM

Oden - They should have known from the start the guy was just awkward physically. He was hurt in Ohio St, and now his first two years of the NBA. When looking for a big man, look for someone phyiscally like Dwight Howard or Hakeem and less for someone like Oden, Shawn Bradley, or George Mureson.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 1:59 AM

SLC Projects only comes to this thread and posts about the Jazz when they lose. They go on a four game winning streak, almost breaking the NBA record for team field goal percentage, and he says nothing. They drop a game to the T-Wolves and he's here dogging them again.
Hey, Denver dropped one to the Wolves too. Are they gonna crash and burn all season? Probably not.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 4:16 AM
Robotic Construction

Nene is a perfect example of a big man with a strong, physical body which resists injury well. Nene actually gets wrap as being injury prone, but it's just not true. He was healthy and strong in college. As a rookie and 2nd year player, he played off the bench behind Marcus Camby and Kenyon Martin and only played limited minutes (not because of injuries).

3rd season, Kenyon Martin was hurt and Nene looked ready to explode onto the scene big time. He rocked the paint in pre-season and on the season opener in like the first possession of the game, he blew out his knee. he missed the entire season. The next season, he wasn't 100% until the 2nd half and in the 1st half he had a couple hammies and things resulting from him favoring his uninjured leg. His 5th season, he was 100% again, but back on the bench again, behind a healthy Camby and Kenyon Martin. Partway into the season, they discovered testicular cancer and he missed the season. Cancer is not an injury, it's a disease.

So even though he's really only been injured once, the media pinned him as "injury prone." I don't think he is injury prone, I think he had one injury that took 18 months to fully recover from and then a fight with cancer and the recovery time after chemotherapy. he was healthy all last season and looks solid as a rock this season. His body type is very much like a Dwight Howard.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 6:33 AM

He did have cancer. Does that count as an injury?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 8:30 PM
BANNED

NENE' An AWSOME specimen of a big man.He is deffinantly in the same category as Dwight "superman" Howard, an retired strongman Karl "mailman" Malone......Jazz own Spurs 3-0.Spurs are getting old an it's showing.Don't know how long they'll be able to keep them together.My guess? They'll shake things up soon. Portland? Yeah they're done. Roy is good, but not good enough to get them deep into the post season. All the usual suspects will be there, JAZZ,DENVER,LAKERS,HOUSTON,DALLAS,& PHOENIX. 801BABEE...bammz

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 9:19 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
SLC Projects only comes to this thread and posts about the Jazz when they lose. They go on a four game winning streak, almost breaking the NBA record for team field goal percentage, and he says nothing.

So what if I only comment on them losing. Sure the Jazz will win, but yet they let go of the games they should of won, like the T-wolfs. Come playoff time those loses ( Just like each year ) will comeback and bit them in the ass. Those stupid letdowns the Jazz do will once again cost them highcourt come playoff time and will put them a 5 seed or lower. Just wait and see. Get ready for the same letdown.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

So what if I only comment on them losing. Sure the Jazz will win, but yet they let go of the games they should of won, like the T-wolfs. Come playoff time those loses ( Just like each year ) will comeback and bit them in the ass. Those stupid letdowns the Jazz do will once again cost them highcourt come playoff time and will put them a 5 seed or lower. Just wait and see. Get ready for the same letdown.
Every team has those same losses. Jazz are what they are this year. They are not and were neve a championship team. Take it for what it's a worth: a decent team that will win 45-50 games, but that's it. That's where they are at, so lower your lofty expectations and go with it. The Jazz will get to the top again, but just not this year.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

This is what happens in sports at all levels, especially the professional level. Teams lose games they "should have" won, and teams win games they "should have" lost. I am not sure what criteria you are using to determine "should have" won, but you can't base everything off of a win-loss record. No team is going to play perfect ball night in and night out. Even the worst teams in the league win games. The Jazz will lose to some poor teams but they will also beat some great teams....this is the case for every team in the league. We just need the Jazz to be a little more consistent right now.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 2:48 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
I've been hoping for another big for a long time now, but we never make it happen. I won't criticize the front office though, because they've been doing everything right (letting Dahtay go, replacing him with Afflalo, drafting Lawson, the Billups trade, etc). Maybe they've got a secret mid-season trade in the works.

Petro had a flight going out of DIA at the same time as me earlier this year. It's never a good thing when your 7-foot center can walk around an airport and no one gives him a second look. From what I can tell, he weighs 120 pounds, so perhaps no one could see him when he turned sideways.
Dirk N. will be a free agent after this Season, but I don't think Denver will try and get him. However I agree Nuggs couls use a Big guy or two. Kinda like LA has with Sasquatch and Odum. But with Nene and Anderson one more big guy would work fine. but he would have to be a RUNNER! Cause that's how Denver does it! All day ery day...

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 4:21 AM
Robotic Construction

Denver's starting unit is not a running team anymore. They are capable of running, but are just slightly above middle of the pack when it comes to running the floor. The bench is the running unit. I think Denver could use a big, powerful post presence on their starting unit t play center and move Nene to starting PF and Kenyon Martin to the bench where he would be the defensive anchor and leader of the bench unit much like LaMar Oden with the Lakers.

This would give Denver a starting unit front court able to match up to the Lakers Bynum-Gasol front court and in the process, further strengthen Denver's bench, perhaps to the point they would be the NBA's most formidable bench unit.

Bench:
PG-Ty Lawson; SG-JR Smith; SF-Joey Graham; PF-Kenyon Martin; C-Chris Anderson

Starers:
PG-Chauncey Billups; SG-Aaron Afflalo; SF-Carmelo Anthony; PF-Nene; C-Poor man's Andrew Bynum (type center)

Who might fit the bill? Tyson Chandler, Chris Kaman, Andris Biedrins

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 6:03 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Are they gonna crash and burn all season? Probably not.
Kind of like what they did in LA last night in the 4th quarter. I know you said I only comment on this thread when the Jazz lost and well guess what?....Your heroes blow it once again so your going to hear me. I don't want to hear that LA is a championship team. I know that. This one just really pisses me off since I really, really hate the damn lakers. Really it's unhealthy how much hate I have for this team, City, everything that has to do with LA. Every time I even hear those two letters my blood pressure goes up. I don't even know why I hate them so much. But I can't stand the Fakers I can't stand Kobe, I can't stand the fans, I can't stand Phil who I don't know why he can't just retied already. What Phil isn't ten championship rings enough? I know it was a along shot for the Jazz to win there, but nothing would please me more then to see these bastards lost and fail.
But really I'm so tired of these pussies only playing three quarters and then choking. The Jazz only scored 6 points in the 4th quarter. That's pathetic. I'm sure all the damn Laker fans now are all laughing at us thinking how much Utah sucks and how weak we are. The Jazz are a embarrassment to the people who live here. How can you have faith in a team that just keep fulling apart? Why are these morons getting paid so much when they can't do shit?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2009, 3:27 AM

Yeah, it was a bad loss. The Jazz fell apart in the fourth like I've never seen. Too bad. But I still love em, and I'll be rooting for them tonight. Again, that's sports. I hate LA too. I loathe everything about them, but perhaps nothing more than how they just throw money and fame at the biggest, best, and least loyal players to bully the rest of the league. that's one thing I love about the Jazz. We're a small market team. We have little to lure players with besides good fans and a winning tradition. When we win, it's because we played together and played hard. If/when we get a championship, it won't be because we bought one, it will be because we fought for one and beat the odds.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West