HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 2:07 AM

Skyview on 7th | 173'5" | 15 floors | Proposed

Looks like we might have more housing coming to Lloyd. Pre-app for 200 units

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 2:48 AM
BANNED

I believe this is the former Land Rover dealership?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 4:39 PM

Looks like it's the "Automobile Dealer's Associations" and some old long vacant cafe building I think I saw on Vintage Portland a few years ago.

Last edited by Rob Nob; Jan 4, 2022 at 4:51 PM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 7:45 PM

A month or so ago they were doing some geotechnical drilling on the lot around the Auto Dealer Association building. This now has me wondering if the ground floor space that's being fitted out in 700 Lloyd will be for them.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 6:51 AM

I’m curious to see how many stories they plan this building to be. We’ve seen about 200 units packed into a half-block with Alta Centric which is 7 and 8 stories in Goose Hollow - but the units are tight and this site in Lloyd allows I believe 250’ even without bonuses.

*Edit: to specify that both this site and Alta Centric are on a half-block

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 3:23 PM

Notice of Pre-Application Conference

If this gets built with the current or similar ground floor layout, it would be a bummer there's no restaurant/bar on the ground floor on 7th. It'd be pretty nice imo biking over the new blumenauer bridge to an active corner for a drink, but i digress.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post

If this gets built with the current or similar ground floor layout, it would be a bummer there's no restaurant/bar on the ground floor on 7th. It'd be pretty nice imo biking over the new blumenauer bridge to an active corner for a drink, but i digress.
Tough to argue for retail space when nearly half of the spaces for Hassalo on Eighth are empty. Retail would probably thrive if building owners were willing/encouraged to fill vacant commercial space by further dividing it into smaller storefronts.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 4:09 PM
BANNED

Crazy to think if Oregon Square was fully built out by now and adding this new project this area would have been littered with towers. Granted 10 stories isn’t anything grand but man the density..

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post

It is a VERY early sketch and looks like this has quite a bit of development until the plan is firmed up. They don't even show columns, ADA parking, or lobbies from the elevators to the unconditioned garage.
And are they really planning 16 foot floor to floor?!?! "The proposed 10-story building will be approximately 168 feet in height"

Last edited by Rob Nob; Jan 10, 2022 at 7:23 PM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 6:21 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nob View Post
It is a VERY early sketch and looks like this has quite a bit of development until the plan is firmed up. They don't even show columns or lobbies from the elevators to the unconditioned garage.
And are they really planning 16 foot floor to floor?!?!
Agreed. This is way less developed than even Schematic phase on a typical project. This is a back-of-the-envelope sketch. Let's watch how this gets fleshed out in the future.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 6:30 AM

If they’re legitimately planning 16’ floors and 1.19 parking spaces per unit then to me that indicates that they’ll be targeting the high-end market.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 5:58 PM

Quote:
If they’re legitimately planning 16’ floors and 1.19 parking spaces per unit then to me that indicates that they’ll be targeting the high-end market.
I'm guessing instead that they are anticipating a market for commercial or accessory parking and are taking advantage of the Growth Parking provisions in 33.510.261 that allow 1.2 parking spaces per residential unit. I doubt that they will dedicate all 238 spots to the 200 residential units.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 9:00 PM

I'm guessing this is just very very early and the numbers are very rough and will change. They just submitted a glorified napkin sketch to get their "foot in the door".
Also the plan isn't set up for non-resident parking with the circulation.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 4:13 AM

On the Design Commission agenda for 4/21/22:

Quote:
Design Advice Request for a proposed 14-story multifamily apartment building with 260 dwelling units on a half-block site in the Lloyd Subdistrict of the Central City Plan District. The ground floor of the building will provide resident amenities. The rooftop will have an amenity deck and an ecoroof. Below grade parking is proposed with access from NE Irving St. No potential Modifications or Adjustments have been identified yet.
(NB - some previous discussion moved from the Lloyd District thread to this new thread.)

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 4:49 PM

14 stories seems much more reasonable at the initial 168 foot height figure, considering ground floor and roof top structures.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 4:53 PM

Design Advice Request (with rendering)

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 5:27 PM

^I sniped the rendering from the DAR.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 9:27 PM

Wow, that is really impressive for that particular location. I wonder how much the new bridge over 84 influenced the developer – this could be a nice "Bike Oriented Development" to tout when advocating for future bike/ped infrastructure improvements around town, even with the parking underneath.

Curious what they have in mind for the other half of the block. Presumably something at least similarly scaled.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 9:44 PM

The other half of the block was sold to Consolidated Community Credit Union.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2022, 3:13 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland