HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 8:23 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

A-Basin???

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 8:30 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
A-Basin???
Yup yup. Gotta love that wall. Should get good work out of the go-pro.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 8:51 PM

Moving on from Mormon's to Beer

Odell Brewing out of Fort Collins recently gained access to the Idaho market, and it is good

http://odellbrewing.com/about/idaho

http://beernews.org/2011/03/odell-br...eads-to-idaho/

(Fort Collins, CO) – On April 4, 2011 Colorado’s Odell Brewing Company will begin selling its hand crafted beers in Idaho, which will be the 10th state in the brewery’s distribution region.

“We are very excited to enter the Idaho market,” said Eric Smith, Director of Sales and Marketing for Odell Brewing. “There is an up-and-coming craft beer culture in the state, and we look forward to contributing to that enthusiasm with our unique offerings.”

Odell Brewing co-workers, including founder Doug Odell, will travel to Idaho beginning April 4th to celebrate the launch with a weeklong series of fun events throughout the state. A list of these events can be found on the brewery’s website at www.odellbrewing.com/idaho

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 8:51 PM
I like this much better

Nice. That's a good little brewery.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 9:01 PM

I was just up at Breck/Vail over the weekend, amazing snow up there still, something like a 100+ inch base at Breck, and they got another 8-10" over the weekend. Too bad they all closed now except A-basin and Loveland.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 9:30 PM
I like this much better

These should be appreciated here...

the last one is hilarious.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 6:20 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
I can't stop 20,000 people in a stadium from chanting, and I'm not going to stop people here from mentioning that people chant in stadiums.

If this thread becomes an angry discussion of religion then maybe we'll consider doing something about it, but right now you're the only person taking it that way.

YOU, SLC_Projects, are the only party in this thread that is inserting the Mormon Church into the discussion seriously. If you don't want that to be a subject, then don't make it one. By the same token, if you want the subject banned, you'll be the first person who will have to be moderated.

wow, seriously?

Just show the classless act of Crapid fans. At least our chants are towards the other team and their fans and not their faith. You can sport trash talk WITHOUT being up somebody's religion. Trash talk about the team, players or even the fan base, but leave religion out of it. It has nothing to do with sports, even if it's in a chant. Just because we are in Utah you fans feel that you HAVE to bring up religion every-time even during a sporting event. And then here comes the same old pathetic polygamy jokes, over and over and over again as if everybody in Utah has more then one wife. I don't care if it is meant as a joke. You tell the same old joke over and over and over again and it isn't funny anymore it just becomes annoying and really just makes you all look stupid if that's how you view Utah as being.

By the way somebody brought up "gay marriage" and the LDS Church that really had nothing to do with sports at all. But I guess you overlooked that post huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
So that's why the church was against gay marriage? I have no idea it was because two moms wasn't enough!
Does THAT have anything to do with sports or chanting? No.

But whatever. I'll drop it now and won't bring it up again since I want to move on. However I still don't think religion should ever be brought up during a sporting event. i guess ReAL Salt Lake must really be that great of a team if the Rapid fans have to bring up polygamy because they can't find any trash talk on RSL team itself..

Also Rapids will have a shot at CCL this summer and I hope they do well just to show the world that the MLS has good teams.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Last edited by SLC Projects; Apr 26, 2011 at 6:57 AM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 7:18 AM
of Gnomeregan

Nevermind...

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 1:29 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Southwest Plaza?!

Didn't want to drive over to Park Meadows? Maybe he didn't want to hurt anybody...
Dan, Southwest Plaza isn't as dead as you think it is. It's not Park Meadows busy, but it's pretty active.

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 1:37 PM

If there were any RSL players actually from Utah they'd be very offended.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 2:08 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

I don't get what all the fuss is about. If not for broad stereotypes about the area a team represents, what would sport chants and taunts focus on? Intelligent sports cheers are no fun. "Our linebackers/middle fielders/whatever are better than yours!"? That's exciting. It's perfectly normal. And when folks think of Utah, what do they think of? Two things - 2nd best snow in America, and Mormons. Which do you think makes for better taunts, seriously? Why should religion be off limits if mom jokes, fat jokes, ugly jokes, stupid jokes, etc. are all fair game. If anything, I'd say religion is more fair game - that's a choice people make. But I was born ugly.

Wyoming folks call us greenies (because we're all hapless hippies, right?) We mock the children of the corn (really, how many Nebraska football players have even set foot on a farm?). And I'm sure as we cultivate a football rivalry with Utah, there will be plenty of taunts (especially given the oh-so-fun debauchery that is college in Boulder) about a field full of married men and virgins. Big deal.

Gotta say though, this budding rivalry is looking easier and easier to develop if everybody in Utah is as sensitive as some of you guys. Talk about easy buttons to push, whew! We may not even need marshmallows.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 3:48 PM

I concur, that's what $hit talk is about, it doesn't have to be strictly accurate, just funny. And our snow may be second best, but we get more of it
Oh, and I asked my friend who did his undergrad at CU about the marshmallows. He said he doesn't remember that, but he left there about 7 years ago. He said back then it was batteries. Though I'm sure a wet marshmallow to the cheek would be irritating, I think a lofted battery to the cranium would be far worse. But really, aren't you hippies supposed to be all about the peace and love? Why throw batteries and start rivalries at all, let's all just get high and complain about The Man.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 3:53 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Fine! Whatever.

Last edited by SLC Projects; Apr 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 3:59 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Nobody EVER agrees with me on this site anyways. Fuck it.
I think you need a hug.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 4:10 PM
Bring out the cranes...

By the way here are a list of RSL's chants. At least we don't personal attack anybody's faith.
The worst thing we chant is just "If you hate the Rapids" The rest of our chants focus on OUR team itself.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...254BHNamY7UDxs

Just wish other people and fan base can show more respect towards other people's faith by leaving it out.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 4:18 PM
of Gnomeregan

No one's faith in Colorado is as easy a target. It's that simple. Your fans aren't any more classy than anyone else's - claiming so is just nonsense, and transparent.

And BTW congrats on becoming the Eeyore of RSL... I will now take a giddy pleasure at all setbacks and losses the team suffers.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 4:44 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
No one's faith in Colorado is as easy a target. It's that simple. Your fans aren't any more classy than anyone else's - claiming so is just nonsense, and transparent.

And BTW congrats on becoming the Eeyore of RSL... I will now take a giddy pleasure at all setbacks and losses the team suffers.
If Colorado Springs ever got a pro or D1 team, I think a faith-related chant or two might crop up. If Air Force wasn't also a military academy, its status as one of the nation's premier evangelical institutions of higher learning might be fair game too.

'Touchdown Jesus' at Notre Dame certainly puts faith into play there too. (--> I won't take it personally if you insert a Catholic joke here. <--)

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 5:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
If Colorado Springs ever got a pro or D1 team, I think a faith-related chant or two might crop up. If Air Force wasn't also a military academy, its status as one of the nation's premier evangelical institutions of higher learning might be fair game too.

'Touchdown Jesus' at Notre Dame certainly puts faith into play there too. (--> I won't take it personally if you insert a Catholic joke here. <--)
I thought Hockey at Colorado College was division 1?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 5:52 PM

Quote:

+1.

I learned a valuable lesson back in elementary school. If you let something dumb, childish, but ultimately impersonal get under your skin, then the terrorists win. People just want to get a rise out of you, and now that you've satisfied them, that's all they're going to do.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 5:58 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
I thought Hockey at Colorado College was division 1?
It is... but being basically the most liberal island in town faith based chants or taunts wouldn't really get under their skin any.

But maybe there were chants to that effect when they left COS... dunno...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West