HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 10:45 PM

Just Ralph denigrating downtown Saskatoon. Nothing new there.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 11:11 PM

Does Ralph hate homeless people that much that he thinks they shouldn't live in that area?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 4:45 PM

It's your call folks, but I wouldn't respond to this ralph. If he took the low road to help see something in a better light, that would be cool, but he's doing nothing but spitting spite; my last words on the subject.

Last edited by Ricopedra; Aug 8, 2018 at 12:14 PM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 1:24 AM

Aug 10, 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ More black siding on the west side of the hotel. Construction elevator removed. Also there is lots of glass going on to the condo upper floor balcony railings.

^^^^ 1 RL showroom moved across the street.

^^^^ Fourth parking floor essentially finished, although I am not sure whats going on with the section in the foreground and the one just behind it. There looks like there will be a wall (and a gap?) between them. In the background can be seen initial forming for the grade level slab.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 3:10 AM
Midtowner since 2K

Wow, that cladding looks pretty good! A solid multi-tower project for the 'toon for sure

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 3:50 AM

Rebar at the East Tower appears to me to be at or above grade when passing by the site tonight.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 5:17 PM

^^Like a blanket with spikes? ...As in could you make out a blanket cover of forms over the site near ground level, with rebar at the ready? One good pour and we could be looking at height! Cheers!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Aug 17, 2018 at 1:20 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 4:28 PM

Delete:repetition

Last edited by Ricopedra; Aug 18, 2018 at 4:34 AM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2018, 3:19 PM

Aug. 17 2018 Pics:

^^^^ From Sask Crescent

^^^^ From Rotary Park

^^^^ Construction elevator doors coming off the north side. There is no cladding on the east yet. The entry to the parkade is at the lower right side of the hotel. (BTW, publicly available plans I have seen show the north tower office parkade under the approach to the hotel/condo entry)

^^^^ Northwest side of the parkade. The entrance ramp on the left side of the image has been poured.

^^^^ The section to the right clearly will not be used for parking as there seems to be an elevator core being formed.

^^^^ A view from 3rd Ave. down the entrance ramp.

^^^^ Forming and rebar for the grade level slab is progressing on the southeast side of the parkade.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2018, 10:10 PM

Hey alt_center, really appreciate the update! And we've got to appreciate what Mr. Nasser, Sr. put into this.

Your first pick shows the extension to the skyline this development adds, then add half the condo height and imagine the north tower where the crane is in that shot (east tower, foreground, of course)...awesome addition to Toon town!

The glass installation in the condo is going pretty slowly, but they're progressing in the sealing and balconies. The black glass in Alt is looking great!

Obviously they're going to have a huge pour for the east tower floor slab soon...in about a week? And after that, Saskatoon gains some more height! Post, und Prost!

PS - will they be going with a steel frame? I've read that these are "glass and steel" buildings...probably makes it easier to build the design-lines.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post

PS - will they be going with a steel frame? I've read that these are "glass and steel" buildings...probably makes it easier to build the design-lines.
Nope. The office towers will be cast-in-place concrete structures with glass curtainwall.

Last edited by Crisis; Aug 19, 2018 at 7:14 AM.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Nope. The office towers will be cast-in-place concrete structures with gall curtainwall.
With the recent cost of steel going up 30% it is more viable still to use concrete.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
With the recent cost of steel going up 30% it is more viable still to use concrete.
I know out here in Vancouver, nearly everything of that scale has been cast-in-place concrete. It has less to do with cost and more to do with its what the contractors and works are familiar with. Not certain if it is the same thing in prairies.

Should add, it is a real positive to the Saskatoon skyline. Nice addition.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 2:41 AM

Aug. 22 Pictures:

Looks like there is a pass-thru to the north parkade on the 4th parking floor. I wonder if that will means that there won't be others? or is it because they are not planning to backfill anymore?

Large chunk of the grade slab poured

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
Aug. 22 Pictures:

Looks like there is a pass-thru to the north parkade on the 4th parking floor. I wonder if that will means that there won't be others? or is it because they are not planning to backfill anymore?

Large chunk of the grade slab poured
Will they need another crane for this office tower now that the structure is about to start rising?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
Will they need another crane for this office tower now that the structure is about to start rising?
I doubt it. The two seem to be doing the job well. Adding a third, especially with the north tower probably having two cranes itself, it would be pretty tight with the overlap of the cranes.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 3:30 AM

Aug. 28 Pics...

^^^^ Glass going on to the 16th floor

^^^^ Pouring the last section of the 4th parking floor wall

^^^^ Office tower first floor columns underway.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 2:13 PM

Rise, Baby, rise!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 1:08 AM

Time for the weekly update... Sept. 6 pictures:

^^^^ From Rotary Park. The trail under the bridge on the east (south) side has been open for a few weeks now.

^^^^ Glass now on 16th floor. Black siding can be seen going on to the east side of the hotel.

^^^^ Window wall underway on ground floor

^^^^ There was a big pour on Tuesday, and it looks like they are getting ready for another big pour soon. But there is still a way to go to finish the ground floor. I think the small raised wooden form surrounds the office building footprint. There is one double-height column already complete.

^^^^ Getting hard to get pictures as its quite backlit by the time I pass by. As can be seen 3rd Ave is currently closed, limiting the spots where one can get close enough for pictures.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 7:09 AM

Thanks again alt!

I was walking down Victoria the other day and stopped to take a look at the bridge. It looks like, to me, they only have paving and some finishing touches on the bike/pedestrian paths leading to the bridge. If it officially opens before October I would not be surprised. Lol, that being said it will not be a great way to go as far as traffic is concerned if 3rd keeps getting closed off for construction but it will be great for me walking to and from downtown!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan