HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess View Post
right across from the new park and the hilton

Old Posted May 23, 2007, 6:50 PM

Here's the new Baylor Clinic and Hospital rendering that broke ground today...

Old Posted May 23, 2007, 7:12 PM

^

Right off of the bat, that is one of my favorite designs for Houston in the past decade, simply because it has a "different" element to it, which is something that placed Houston on the architectural map but as a whole has been noticebly absent since the early 90's. Nice design. More More More.

Where exactly will this be located?

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 5:42 AM

Here's a pic from the Spires Condo just East of the Med Center. You can see the new Pickens Academic Center (formerly called Faculty Center Tower) rising as well as the cranes for the 8 floor expansion to the 12 story Feigin Center at Texas Children's Hospital.

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:15 PM
Baryonic Lord

I like that design too. It is about time something a little bolder gets built here... in sharp contrast to the bland designs coming out lately.

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:16 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Team and the City agreed to terms...

70 Million dollar Stadium going up just east of Minute Maid Park..

The team owners will pay most of the cost for the stadium..

in the pre-design it showed the stadium in a diagonal direction from 59 and it will keep some distance from 59 at least in the pre-design at least. Stadium looks dwarfed by MMP though =X

This should really help business in the area.

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:31 PM
Endless Moments...

I agree. The area has some development, hopefully this will give it a bigger push. Nice DT has really come a long way, and still has some more great potential...

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 7:12 PM
Squint Like Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjhe View Post
^

Right off of the bat, that is one of my favorite designs for Houston in the past decade, simply because it has a "different" element to it, which is something that placed Houston on the architectural map but as a whole has been noticebly absent since the early 90's. Nice design. More More More.

Where exactly will this be located?
According to the BCM website, the new clinic and hospital will be located at the corner of Cambridge and Old Spanish Trail across from the VA hospital.
Check out the detailed map on www.bcm.edu under news and events on the first page.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 2:18 AM

Across from the Children's Museum

I took my daughter to the Children's Museum today and I saw a notice for a high-rise development across the street. I think the sign referred medical space and the picture on the sign looked like at least 20 stories, but I was too far away to see it clearly. Does anyone know anything about this one? I believe the block is at Binz, La Branch, Calumet, and Austin St.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 5:00 AM

Yeah, that's a proposal that's been around for awhile now. Starting to doubt if this one will rise. You can find out more here,

www.binzmedcorp.com

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 2:20 AM

Does anyone in Houston know if this is under construction?

This is a proposal for 3201 Louisiana Street in Midtown. Apparently, 24 Hour Fitness has leased the entire second floor (24,000 square feet) and only a few small spaces remain on ground level. This is good news if it is rising because of the way it is built to the street and because it has garage parking rather than surface.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Team and the City agreed to terms...

70 Million dollar Stadium going up just east of Minute Maid Park..

The team owners will pay most of the cost for the stadium..

in the pre-design it showed the stadium in a diagonal direction from 59 and it will keep some distance from 59 at least in the pre-design at least. Stadium looks dwarfed by MMP though =X
Maybe I'm jaded, but $70 million sounds like a lot of bucks being thrown around for a soccer stadium. How many seats, and how does it compare with the stadium in Frisco, Texas?

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 2:22 PM
Endless Moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post

This is a proposal for 3201 Louisiana Street in Midtown. Apparently, 24 Hour Fitness has leased the entire second floor (24,000 square feet) and only a few small spaces remain on ground level. This is good news if it is rising because of the way it is built to the street and because it has garage parking rather than surface.

I passed by the site this weekend, and dont recall anything new, other then that fact that its still fenced in. I was wandering what they were going to do at that location.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's a proposal that's been around for awhile now. Starting to doubt if this one will rise. You can find out more here,

www.binzmedcorp.com
Yup...that's what I saw. The curved tower is ok but not very original. I don't like the base/parking garage and surrounding plaza at all. The area around there has a decent amount of foliage, so why did they just leave half a dozen small trees in the middle of a barren plaza that has all the appeal of paved surface parking? So much for pedestrian-oriented development near the light rail!! To me, this looks more appropriate for Westchase. It won't kill me if this one doesn't go up--I think the area around the museums deserves much better.

Thanks for the link.

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:

If that is McGowen, it is definitely under construction.

edit: eh, looks like what is going in near the Calais. Site has been inactive for a while.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 4:41 AM

Bummer to read that it is inactive. With 24 Hour Fitness signing for the entire 2nd floor and most of the ground floor spoken for (according to Wulfe's website), it seems like it should rise soon.

And, while not the greatest looking project, this just appeared on har.com tonight...

the lot today

5001 Fannin at Wichita Street in the Museum District. 20 for sale condos starting at $270,000. Love the fact they are advertising the light rail line as one of their top selling points. No ground floor retail it seems but this area (just a few blocks South of US 59/The Spur) is way too barren right now to support retail. That will come if more of these are built...

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 12:58 PM

Are those garage doors on the first floor?

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 1:22 PM

Yeah they have a banner up on the wall of that site. The name escapes me but it is called Casa de Ventra or something like that. I might have murdered the name of the project. They have a website. By the way, the lot is EXTREMELY small in person. Hard to believe that is rising on the site.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkirbythegreat View Post
Are those garage doors on the first floor?
It wouldn't surprise me. Disappointed?...yes. Surprised...not so much..

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 2:05 AM

The River Oaks District. I suggest every view the flash version. Real nice project.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations