HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 23, 2012, 6:29 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Idaho Falls, Idaho | The Elegant City along The Snake River ~ photo thread link.

Finally. I have posted my Idaho Falls photo thread in the city photo forum. There are over 100 photos to enjoy.

Head over to My City Photos A-M or click the link:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=200546

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 6:04 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Stragglers. extras, miscellaneous

highway views of Craters of The Moon sneaking in here

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 3:10 PM

Thanks for sharing these. The pic of the brick and windows on the old Bonney Hotel and the pic of the back side of the Destination's Inn are beautiful. Also, I love the space our downtown fire department occupies.

Did you make it down the greenbelt while you were in town? Particularly the stretch from ISU Campus/Freeman Park to downtown, or the west side of the river from Broadway to Snake River Landing? I understand it doesn't have the intimacy and beautiful foilage of the Boise belt. Although it does have some unique views and definite variety that I believe can be appreciated by someone who cruises on their 'cycle a lot.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 1:20 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidaho View Post
Thanks for sharing these. The pic of the brick and windows on the old Bonney Hotel and the pic of the back side of the Destination's Inn are beautiful. Also, I love the space our downtown fire department occupies.

Did you make it down the greenbelt while you were in town? Particularly the stretch from ISU Campus/Freeman Park to downtown, or the west side of the river from Broadway to Snake River Landing? I understand it doesn't have the intimacy and beautiful foilage of the Boise belt. Although it does have some unique views and definite variety that I believe can be appreciated by someone who cruises on their 'cycle a lot.
I did not make it towards Snake River Landing, although I meant to. I ran out of time after walking around downtown and the falls area. If you have some photos of what is going on in that area of the greenbelt and SR Landing please post them.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 2:37 PM

Great thread Sawtooth and the extras you have added in this thread are interesting. Idaho Falls is one of the best looking cities on I-15. Rexburg and its behind the curtain culture just needs to be further away

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 6:38 AM
Wen Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Great thread Sawtooth and the extras you have added in this thread are interesting. Idaho Falls is one of the best looking cities on I-15. Rexburg and its behind the curtain culture just needs to be further away
An outsiders view that is familiar with both cities, aside from the obvious difference in size, I don't feel that IF is all that different "culturally" from Rexburg.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch_One View Post
An outsiders view that is familiar with both cities, aside from the obvious difference in size, I don't feel that IF is all that different "culturally" from Rexburg.
Ha, I was being facetious and I also am familier with both cities although I have not had a reason to visit Rexburg for a number of years. But, within Idaho, especially the Treasure Valley, remarks I have heard regarding Rexburg is that it is on a different planet. I tend to agree and I lived there for a year in the distant past

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West