HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
The black trim on the hotel and condo is looking gorgeous. I think King Ralph would even agree with that!
Goes with how dark his soul is

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 11:16 PM

Think Ralphy boy abandoned ship. Realized he will get no joy from this thread.

So another month or so and this one will be at ground level!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 3:48 PM

article on RL1 with some arial photos

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca..._autoplay=true

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 8:24 PM

This pic from the SP nicely shows progress of the East Tower parkade getting towards grade:

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...by-the-numbers

Looking forward to seeing this tower rise at the foot of Third Avenue.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:43 PM

Thanks for pic's Alt and Echoes, looking at the aerial it looks like if they start the fourth tower this fall space will be at a premium.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 7:52 PM

Parcel Y was a hive of activity when I went by today. It's exciting.

I still have to pinch myself that after all these years this is happening. And everything envisioned is being built. Wow.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 12:45 AM

July 25:

^^^^ Wednesday... ready for a big pour on the 4th parking floor. I always wonder if all that conduit embedded in the slab compromises it. I assume not much because after all, they do it. But there are some spots where its crossed over three or four layers thick. They don't seem to take much care in routing it.

July 26:

^^^^ Thursday... pour all done.

^^^^ Some rebar now poking above grade. More glass going on to hotel second floor.

^^^^ Glass now going on to condo 13th floor. Kitchen cabinets can now be seen in some lower floor condos.

^^^^ Humboldt Strong

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 3:49 AM

Main floor slab of East Tower parkade scheduled to be done by end of August. Far more complicated than the parkade floors poured up to this point.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Main floor slab of East Tower parkade scheduled to be done by end of August. Far more complicated than the parkade floors poured up to this point.
I assume it will be a transfer slab similar to what was built at the Condo/Hotel towers. The depth of the pockets for the transfer beams and the amount steel reinforcement used in that slab pour was very impressive.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 2:39 PM

The East Tower's main floor slab won't be as thick as the transfer slab at the Hotel/Condo, but will have some very deep transfer beams within it.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 8:50 PM
BANNED

So is what's being built the same as the rendering on the cover page of this thread, or was it scaled back? The two appear to be different.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
So is what's being built the same as the rendering on the cover page of this thread, or was it scaled back? The two appear to be different.
How so? The East Tower is being constructed pretty much as shown in the rendering. Or at least as much as most buildings resemble their renderings.

The condo has more floors than in the rendering, but everything else should be pretty similar. To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been scaled back.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
I think what you mean is that the present above-ground towers appear different, right? Yea, like Crisis notes, they added 4 floors to the condo, which was the shorter tower in the render, and then they cut 2 floors off the hotel which was the taller tower in the render. However, they pasted those two floors on the side of the hotel making it wider, with no loss of rooms and probably making the hotel more efficient. Overall the effect is to highlight the condo on the riverbank with great penthouses, and the new massing still works great in the scheme of things.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 12:38 AM

July 30 Pictures:

^^^^ Forming 4th parking floor continues.

^^^^ Interesting forming on the third floor wall. Could this be a pass through location? I think there is solid concrete behind this forming. It looks too narrow for traffic in both directions. And, it appears to drop below the actual third floor. I didn't notice anything like this on the lower floors.

^^^^ Rebar work on the east wall.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 3:47 PM

The knockout panel for passage to the future parkade under the North Tower is actually visible in the top photo of your last set (^^^^ Forming 4th parking floor continues). To the left of the formwork in the foreground, you can make out the chamfers in the concrete that outline the rectangular opening of the drive aisle.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 3:47 PM

^^That's what I thought from previous floors, but why does the line not horizontally line up on this floor? Anyway, good to know that it's the punch-out access point:>)

Still on topic, but into the future, I thought to make the tallest building in Saskatchewan that this new Nutrien tower, the North one, would have to be the 22 story original rendering? Yes, I'm wrong, and not happy about it. But developers, you should pursue it.

The Mosaic tower in Regina cut 2 floors off their original plan and it now stands at 18 floors and about 84.5 Meters. Regina has 4 or 5 more towers almost the same height that give it a distinct tabletop appearance, in the range of 78 to 84 meters. After that, Regina has a great amount of infill buildings that provide density to their skyline, more than 14 buildings in the range of 50 to 60 meters. V-cool.

Why do I mention this? Because Saskatoon's going to be boasting about having the tallest building in Saskatchewan, taking the title away from the Mosaic Tower in Regina. But when you look at Regina's skyline, you can hardly tell which building that is!

But how did this happen? Saskatoon wasn't even a thought on the office horizon, and now we can win the height title with an extra long glass fin? This is as bad as the battle of Alberta! ;>) Developers: Give us a couple of real floors to boast about, okay? We'll find the f'n dentists and whoever to fill the space. Make it 22. Not just a little glass fin to flap our useless farts to the south.

In any case, our building will be more dramatic upon our skyline because our tallest tower at the moment is about 79 metres... 15m above our current tallest should be much more dramatic than just a glass fin. To infinity and beyond! Ah...it's good to dream!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Aug 1, 2018 at 5:07 PM.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 12:25 AM

They are building 18+13=31 floors of office! I would have designed a taller office and more riverfront condos. But I feel almost guilty about any kind of complaint regarding this project after such a long drought here.

Today I noticed some action on the north tower site. They have removed the ramp and decking around the condo sales showroom and moved some fencing. It looks like they are preparing to move the showroom off-site. I wonder where it will go...

Another big parkade 4th floor pour today. And they are beginning forms for the entrance ramp:

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post

Today I noticed some action on the north tower site. They have removed the ramp and decking around the condo sales showroom and moved some fencing. It looks like they are preparing to move the showroom off-site. I wonder where it will go...
Pretty sure the sales showroom is going to be moved kitty corner to the parking lot in what was the River Centre II site.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Pretty sure the sales showroom is going to be moved kitty corner to the parking lot in what was the River Centre II site.
Closer to the Lighthouse. May as well give prospective purchasers a more authentic experience of the neighborhood that they are buying into.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ralph View Post
Closer to the Lighthouse. May as well give prospective purchasers a more authentic experience of the neighborhood that they are buying into.
im confused

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan