HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 2:28 PM
Nashville born and raised

Life Style Communities has proposed this 11 story, beauty for the southern-most area of SoBro.

They currently have a beautiful, brick facade residential complex underway in the Germantown district. Hopefully the rendering is indicative of quality types of materials intended to be used.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 9, 2017 at 1:55 PM.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 3:10 PM

The 21 story, 297 room Joseph Hotel is in the preliminary site prep stage in anticipation of a summer groundbreaking.

The Hotel is proposed to be a 'five-star' hotel and will be located across Korean Veterans Blvd. from the Music City (convention) Center’s anchor hotel, the Omni. The hotel will be owned by Starwood Hotels and resorts Worldwide.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 28, 2019 at 10:20 PM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 2:34 PM

I noticed that the "Gentleman's Club" at 5th & Peabody was demolished on Friday. I presume this is preparation for the Hilton Hotel proposed for this site.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 8:44 PM

MidTenn, your blocking of the clustered hotels across from the Omni is not quite right. The Holiday Inn site is really beside the Joseph site (Red) and is bordered by 4th & Peabody. The Marriott Springhill actually extends almost (within 60 feet) to Peabody where you show the Holiday Inn block. Also, while really insignificant in the larger scale here, Hampton Suites has a 4 story expansion wing currently under construction which will make it slightly more in the running for the convention guest market. They missed the boat though years ago when they only built for 4 floors.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
MidTenn, your blocking of the clustered hotels across from the Omni is not quite right. The Holiday Inn site is really beside the Joseph site (Red) and is bordered by 4th & Peabody. The Marriott Springhill actually extends almost (within 60 feet) to Peabody where you show the Holiday Inn block. Also, while really insignificant in the larger scale here, Hampton Suites has a 4 story expansion wing currently under construction which will make it slightly more in the running for the convention guest market. They missed the boat though years ago when they only built for 4 floors.
Thanks.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 2:01 PM

The second big residential project for SoBro in the last few days...along with the above described Lifestyle Communities Development...is announced.

The Beach Company has revealed their proposal for a 10 story, named "Six South" , 297 apartment complex at 6th and Lea. A summer groundbreaking is proposed per the Nashville Post.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 9, 2017 at 2:02 PM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
The second big residential project for SoBro in the last few days...along with the above described Lifestyle Communities Development...is announced.

The Beach Company has revealed their proposal for a 10 story, named "Six South" , 297 apartment complex at 6th and Lea. A summer groundbreaking is proposed per the Nashville Post.

This seems like something more appropriate for East Nashville, Greenhills, Melrose, Metro Center, North Nashville, Donaldson/Airport area, parts of Mid-Town or even the Brentwood/Franklin area than for SoBro. Maybe a better rendering will change my mind.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 6:01 PM

More SoBro projects

The Tennessean had articles today & Sunday that a boutique Hilton Tapestry hotel is planned for a site at 501 3rd Avenue S. a block from the Joseph and Holiday Inn sites. They plan 175 rooms, so it will probably be in the 8-10 story range....possibly more depending on whether most of the parking is above or below street level. The existing grade is at 2nd Ave. S. level which is about a full floor above 3rd Ave S.. I assume the hotel will front on 3rd as it faces the Convention Centre.
Also the Ohio LLC which has proposed the 10 story project on 3rd also down by the Metro Howard School Office has acquired a further .53 acres at 702, 706 & 710 3rd Ave. S. which gives them the full width of the 3rd Ave. S. frontage for the block in addition to the parking lot (712-718) next door and vacant lot on 2nd Ave. S. which they already owned. Apparently, they plan a second similar 10 story project as well as a 4 story complex as well. Hopefully, the design will be as elegant as last week's project.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 2:21 AM

This will now be 32 residential and 25 office. Seeking MDHA approval Tuesday. Demo to begin this quarter with construction expected to begin this fall. Target completion still set for late 2019/early 2020

From Gethan Ward at The Tennessean:
Sneak peek: $430M Fifth + Broadway project faces design review Tuesday

Last edited by LA_TN; Apr 4, 2017 at 5:20 AM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 2:03 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_TN View Post
This will now be 32 residential and 25 office. Seeking MDHA approval Tuesday. Demo to begin this quarter with construction expected to begin this fall. Target completion still set for late 2019/early 2020

From Gethan Ward at The Tennessean:
Sneak peek: $430M Fifth + Broadway project faces design review Tuesday
Another massing diagram...

Disappointing after being teased with an earlier 34+ story render.

But alas, what a sad bunch we must seem for expressing disappointment over the solid proposal for a 25 story office building along with a 32 story apartment.

Glad to see this one get real.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 2:19 PM

In other news, from The Tennessean...

Quote:
HealthStream Inc. has confirmed plans to move its corporate headquarters to roughly 67,000 square feet of space at a new building that will soon start rising at the Capitol View mixed-use campus in the North Gulch.

Roughly 340 HealthStream employees are expected to be involved with the move to the top two floors of a 10-story building that's part of the next phase of Capitol View. Overall, plans call for 300,000 square feet of office space, 20,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space and a 1,200-space parking garage on what's known as Block E.

Nice Tuesday!! Final plans revealed for 10 and 25 story office buildings and a 32 story apartment building all downtown.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 4:41 PM

The really good news is that we now know the project is about to move ahead full throttle. There was concern that something was happening that might have derailed the project. Thankfully that is not the case. The old convention is finally coming down

Yes, 34 stories would have been nice but quite honestly, given how developers in Nashville are still very stuck on 20, 25 and 30 stories, it's not a surprise. Realistically 9 fewer floors won't impact the skyline significantly from that location. Especially 505 so close to it. At least the new office building will be on the highest point of the old convention center site.

Question: I notice that on each of the buildings it states the number of stories to the top occupiable floor. Is this possibly an indication that there might be some architectural detail that tops each building or will it just be the look of a floor above the last floor to hide HVAC and other mechanical equipment?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 6:28 AM

Building (stories, height) - status **

-- Currently under construction --
505 CST (45, 165 m, 543 ft) - level 42, core level 45
Bridgestone (30, 140 m, 460 ft) - topped out
JW Marriott (34, 117 m, 385 ft) - level 8
222 Demonbruem (25, 93 m, 305 ft) - level 25
Marriott KVB (21) - level 6

Cambria (19) - level 19
M Residence (19) - topped out
Southern Land tower, Green Hills (18) - topped out
Aertson (17) - opening soon
777 8th Ave S (14) - level 3
Tribute Portfolio (11*) - topped out (*This is an 11 story addition to back)
Dream (Utopia) Hotel (10) - level 1
2400 Crestmoor (10) - level 1

Lifeway (9) - topped out

Added: 2400 Crestmoor (10)
Completed: Skyhouse (25), Two Franklin Park, Cool Springs (10)

**Current status may be off a floor or two, but should be very close

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 7:18 PM

Groundbreaking April 18. Construction fencing started today

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 1:01 PM

Groundbreaking begun on 12 story, 233 room Hilton Tru Hotel in SoBro

just one block south of the Music City (Convention) Center. From the TENNESSEAN...

Latest rendering....

For reference...

Next up sometime soon;
  • The 22 story Joseph Hotel
  • 15 story Holiday Inn
  • 14 story Virgin Hotel in Midtown
  • 22 story Drury Inn
  • 28 story Embassy Suites with 20 story Hilton Curio
  • 15 story Hyatt Place in Midtown.

There will be no shortage of cranes on the skyline in Nashville anytime soon. They may not be real tall, but we are filling up the city with bunches of 15 to 20's.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 10:52 PM

I spent the afternoon in Nashville yesterday and was really blown away by the changes in the city since I was there last (5 years maybe). Not only the high rises going up downtown but the quality of the infill I saw on our way into downtown. Ironically I was in Austin for three days before Nashville and the two cities really remind me of each other. Austin has done a better job with their riverfront and has a more laid-back, chill vibe, while Nashville has a more biz/corporate feel, and also a stronger sense of history. One thing I did not see on weekday afternoons in Austin was bars and honkeytonks with live music and people drinking in the afternoon like I saw on Broadway in Nashville, which was a cool surprise since we were in the mood to spend our last day of vacation the right way, with beer and live music! My partner even commented that Nashville felt bigger than Austin, more like a real city.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 2:17 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
I spent the afternoon in Nashville yesterday and was really blown away by the changes in the city since I was there last (5 years maybe). Not only the high rises going up downtown but the quality of the infill I saw on our way into downtown. Ironically I was in Austin for three days before Nashville and the two cities really remind me of each other. Austin has done a better job with their riverfront and has a more laid-back, chill vibe, while Nashville has a more biz/corporate feel, and also a stronger sense of history. One thing I did not see on weekday afternoons in Austin was bars and honkeytonks with live music and people drinking in the afternoon like I saw on Broadway in Nashville, which was a cool surprise since we were in the mood to spend our last day of vacation the right way, with beer and live music! My partner even commented that Nashville felt bigger than Austin, more like a real city.

Nashville was called (as I recall) a cosmopolitan metropolis on a small scale, by the New York Times. The building growth, while not so tall, is loaded with considerable 10 to 20 story infill. And it goes 30+ blocks to the west through midtown and 10+ blocks north and south.

It is developing a top flight class of entertainment, art and food venues. There is a good mix of old and new scattered around small and large public parks making the City an enjoyable, entertaining place to walk around. And it is developing distinct urban neighborhoods such as The Gulch, Music Row, West End that could be small cities in their own right.

Midtown..

Downtown, The Gulch, SoBro, Music Row, Vanderbilt..

The next five years??

Yeah, sure I'm a homer, but I have traveled extensively, and yes, Nashville, culturally and developmentally, is a unique and special place.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 4:23 PM

Big crowd for official groundbreaking ceremony today (for Fifth & Broadway)

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 3:13 AM

The site for the office tower of 5th + Broadway is now live. Here's the link and some new renderings of the revised tower.

501 Commerce

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 4:03 PM

Another rendering of the 5+BROAD development shows the entrance to the National Museum of African American Music (NMAAM) directly across from America's number one, and most historic, music venue, the Ryman Auditorium.

Note the pic of Jimi Hendrix on the entrance. He got his start in Nashville.

Also, note the surface of Fifth Avenue which has a continuous grade, including sidewalks. Beautiful downtown project!!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 6, 2019 at 2:36 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations