HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Dec 7, 2012, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Do are great for Sunday morning DimSum, less impressive otherwise.
really. how come?

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:04 AM

There is a Tim Horton's and Cold Stone Creamery opening at Granville and Nelson. Good to get our first Cold Stone in Downtown!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:17 AM

is it in that building with the colour changing section?

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:23 AM

I am currently abroad and only heard this from my wife, so I am not sure of the precise location. I was somehow assuming the new building where the 7 Eleven is also in, but I am not sure. Someone please walk by that area.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:34 AM

ah well its either that building or the pizza place kitty corner shut down or blendz but i doubt those would be the ones so must be the new building

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 6:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
is it in that building with the colour changing section?
Yes it is on the corner. Walked by it a couple weeks ago.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 12:52 AM

Uh oh, don't start your Chipotle love-in quite yet

Some of the diners who visited Vancouver’s new Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) following the fast-casual restaurant’s December 13 launch say they are shocked that chicken burritos cost 43% more than they do south of the border. Other CMG burritos cost more than 30% more in Canada than in the U.S.

“I would have understood and been happy if there was only a 10% difference and they charged $7 for a burrito. But $8.95? That’s gouging,” said Johnny Zakharia, who crosses the border regularly and frequently eats at some of the more than 1,350 Chipotle Mexican Grill outlets south of the border.

“There will be more people upset about the price difference when they become aware of it – especially people who regularly cross the border,” said Zakharia, who is an advocate for the homeless and the founder of the resource for the homeless BCHomeless.com.

CMG spokesperson Chris Arnold defended the price difference to Business in Vancouver.

“All of our pricing is done on a market-by-market basis, and it’s based on the cost of doing business in a given city...

http://www.biv.com/article/20121217/...m_medium=email

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:35 AM
Blazed Member - Citygater

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post

Some of the diners who visited Vancouver’s new Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) following the fast-casual restaurant’s December 13 launch say they are shocked that chicken burritos cost 43% more than they do south of the border. Other CMG burritos cost more than 30% more in Canada than in the U.S.

“I would have understood and been happy if there was only a 10% difference and they charged $7 for a burrito. But $8.95? That’s gouging,” said Johnny Zakharia, who crosses the border regularly and frequently eats at some of the more than 1,350 Chipotle Mexican Grill outlets south of the border.

“There will be more people upset about the price difference when they become aware of it – especially people who regularly cross the border,” said Zakharia, who is an advocate for the homeless and the founder of the resource for the homeless BCHomeless.com.

CMG spokesperson Chris Arnold defended the price difference to Business in Vancouver.

“All of our pricing is done on a market-by-market basis, and it’s based on the cost of doing business in a given city...

its gouging at its worst ....

Vancouver Robson Square – 818 Howe Street ORDER FORM
http://www.chipotle.com/FaxMenus/1875.pdf
Any of the above: $8.95

Lynnwood, Washington ORDER FORM
http://www.chipotle.com/FaxMenus/688.pdf
Veggie or Chichen: $6.25

43%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post

$8.95 sounds about right for higher end fast food in Canada. Last time I had Taco del Mar I know I paid more than $10 for a burrito and drink. We have a higher minimum wage, higher real estate, and higher cost of food what did people think was going to happen.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:48 AM

Mucho Burrito (I love their food!) has similar pricing, so I am not surprised. Good quality food costs a lot in Vancouver.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 6:45 AM

Yeah, that Robson Square rent is gonna be a hell of a lot more money than Lynwood.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
Be nice.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
Yeah, that Robson Square rent is gonna be a hell of a lot more money than Lynwood.
Plus $10.25 minimum wage, plus the cost of dairy products in Canada...

Who is surprised, and why?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 4:52 PM
be nice to the crackheads

^Agreed. Things cost more in Canada, but we get more in return (though sometimes it may not seem like it).

When I get back to Vancouver, I'll be stopping in, and grabbing a burrito bowl.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 4:56 PM

Apparently the Five Guys in PoCo is set to open 'very soon'. There is a picture of the inside with the kitchen in full operation on foursquare..

Between Fatburger in Coquitlam, Vera's in Port Moody, and Five Guys in PoCo, the tri-cities are certainly home to some decent burger chains! Now we just need a Carl's Jr..

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
Apparently the Five Guys in PoCo is set to open 'very soon'. There is a picture of the inside with the kitchen in full operation on foursquare..

Between Fatburger in Coquitlam, Vera's in Port Moody, and Five Guys in PoCo, the tri-cities are certainly home to some decent burger chains! Now we just need a Carl's Jr..
What is taking so long with the Five Guys downtown? I don't get it. Best burger place IMHO, can't wait for it!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 9:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
What is taking so long with the Five Guys downtown? I don't get it. Best burger place IMHO, can't wait for it!
Really not sure, but I think that one is opening soon as well. I think they do quite a bit of training with the management for each store which might explain it. The interiors of the stores are rather spartan, so I don't think that it is a construction issue. The company as a whole seems to be growing very rapidly either way.

The PoCo location is apparently now open: http://thefoodqueen.com/2012/12/19/f...tlam-now-open/

Last edited by GeeCee; Dec 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 9:46 PM

What's being built across from the new Walmart in Poco? It almost looks like a Carl's JR.

Ron.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 10:35 PM

could be

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 PM

how do the chipotle prices compare to the one in toronto?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining