HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 3:33 PM
BANNED

Don't know for sure if this one will be called WOTW or not.

But I DID hear that it will still be a posh swank high-scale 5-star one, and it WILL occupy two floors much like WOTW was and did.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 4:08 PM
World Machine

I never got the chance to dine there, but from what I heard it was a very nice restaurant.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 4:13 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai 1 View Post
^^ but still. this should even be on the highrise construction cuz there not doing shit. the Chicago spire will be starting up but the time this tower goes up. which is a shame
the chicago spire is being built on an empty lot, that has never been touched, a very simple and fast way to start a building, no other building , and that includes the B/D will have the complications, of the F/T- #1 WTC
look at what is going on . rearranging of the path tracks, refixing the subway tracks that ran under greenwich st. heck they finished # 7 in rapid time.
all said and done the new WTC complex will be the most advanced set a buildings ever.....

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 8:04 PM

There will be no second observation deck. All the above-roof spire areas in question are for broadcasting equipment, including the hollow space inside the ring and inside the spire.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 8:15 PM
World Machine

Is there still going to be that giant underground mall underneath the complex? I know a lot of residents of downtown were pushing for it because it was a big retail hub for them. I for one love those aspects.

BTW, for those who are interested, that white overpass over the West Side Highway connectiong into the WFC, will be kept. In all the recent ariels of the complex, thatoverpass is included in the design.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 8:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Is there still going to be that giant underground mall underneath the complex? I know a lot of residents of downtown were pushing for it because it was a big retail hub for them. I for one love those aspects.

BTW, for those who are interested, that white overpass over the West Side Highway connectiong into the WFC, will be kept. In all the recent ariels of the complex, thatoverpass is included in the design.

Some of the stuff will be put in the infrastructure of the Freedom Tower, some of it will be put on the street floors of the other forthcoming towers and some will be put on the mezzinine level of the new PATH Station. The eateries mainly, will go here. The stores will be divided up, spread out and placed amongst the towers.

Yeah, that overpass looks like it was there before 09-11. Or was it rebuilt exactly as it was after the terror attacks?

I've gone through there during each of my three visits to Ground Zero.

Last edited by Daquan13; Aug 7, 2007 at 9:38 AM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 9:16 PM
World Machine

So in the infastructure you mean underground?

That overpass was built with the original WtC and survived the attacks (how I don't know, its amazing), but it had a twin only in silver which collapsed. I'm glad they are keeping it. It's a survivor!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 9:34 PM
BANNED

Yes, underground. The original mall, if you remember, was under some of the nine-story buildings. This time around, the mall will be spread out.

Yeah, I thought that overpass looked familiar and the same as before 09-11, and you're right, I don't know how it was able to survive either! That was over 220,000 tons of steel and concrete that fell!

Last edited by Daquan13; Aug 7, 2007 at 9:39 AM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 11:15 PM
I love boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post

That does not necessarily mean that there will be one.
I never said there will be one.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 12:18 AM
BANNED

I never SAID you did either.

The officials, as of late, haven't talked about it either. Nothing has come out of their offices on it lately.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 12:21 AM
I love boxes.

Quote:
The officials, as of late, haven't talked about it either. Nothing has come out of their offices on it lately.
Thats all I wanted to know, thanks.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 9:06 AM

I am sorry, but this building is just not the memorial I expected. The very first design was exquisite, beautiful, and full of a fondness that proved appropriate to the victims of 9-11. This building just looks like a normal building that can be built anywhere, nothing special and very sad as an architectural example to the world. I pray that this is redesigned before it's actual erection, I honestly doubt it, but the lives that where taken during the attacks of 9-11, and to the family's who have lost there loved one's, this is a disgrace and a sad example of it. Please my friends, no offence taken; but the victims, there family's, and New-York deserves better, much better!! This buildings architecture has to be one of the most discraseful slaps in the face I have ever seen! The developer, man in-charge, and architect should be ashamed of them-self's. New-York deserves better!

Paul

Last edited by PIZ; Aug 7, 2007 at 9:11 AM.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 9:12 AM

^Nah. This one is just fine. The building ain't the memorial (its the lot where the old twins used to stand), 1WTC is just a sleek supertall that makes up the lost office space after the attacks. With 2,3,4 and the giant urinal WTCs, they will blend together and make an awesome cluster of skyscrapers.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 9:41 AM
BANNED

I think I know what he probably wants, but I won't say it.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I think I know what he probably wants, but I won't say it.

I think your right! I am thinking about the very-first beautiful design, the design that that amature architect sued the the developer of the Towers over (who claimed that was his design for the 2012 Olympics). That one! I do not care about how all the buildings match up, that is all mush!! All that matters is the what you see sticking out the sky, what catches your eye, the beauty of what should be (and what should have been) the most beautiful Skyscraper in the WORLD!! What they have is not necessarily ugly, it's just not out of the ordinary, and not a fitting example of what us Americans should be portraying to the world. This building is Very sad, and a disgrace to those who have to look at it and morn (please no offence my friends). I am sorry, but it is nothing that I would want to hop on a plane and go see (I'm in Chicago), it's just not a fitting memorial for what has happened at that site.

Paul

Last edited by PIZ; Aug 7, 2007 at 10:11 AM.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 1:53 PM
BANNED

Well, there are some who are anxiously awaiting the tower(s) to be built, and there are STILL some who are still very bitter over the chosen design.

Can't please everyone, I guess.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 2:03 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIZ View Post
I am sorry, but this building is just not the memorial I expected. The very first design was exquisite, beautiful, and full of a fondness that proved appropriate to the victims of 9-11. This building just looks like a normal building that can be built anywhere, nothing special and very sad as an architectural example to the world. I pray that this is redesigned before it's actual erection, I honestly doubt it, but the lives that where taken during the attacks of 9-11, and to the family's who have lost there loved one's, this is a disgrace and a sad example of it. Please my friends, no offence taken; but the victims, there family's, and New-York deserves better, much better!! This buildings architecture has to be one of the most discraseful slaps in the face I have ever seen! The developer, man in-charge, and architect should be ashamed of them-self's. New-York deserves better!

Paul
Your right they should have made it 2911 Feet tall . Just to show those bastards what were are made of. This is the home of the brave-we are not afraid.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 2:34 PM
BANNED

Come on, be satisfied with what is being built.

If it's not the formers that some want to see, or the Freedom Tower, then it's the height that some of you are so bitter about.

Why can't you guys just be satisfied with the present design, instead of complaining about it all the time?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 6:31 PM
I love boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIZ View Post
Paul
Thats exactly what I think.
Symbolic height of 1776' is ok, but sticking a 408' pole on top (cheating) to achieve this is just not right. What the architects trying to prove with this ? that we want tall buildings but we're afraid of high roofs ? This is just disgraceful for NY.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 9:34 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminum View Post
Thats exactly what I think.
Symbolic height of 1776' is ok, but sticking a 408' pole on top (cheating) to achieve this is just not right. What the architects trying to prove with this ? that we want tall buildings but we're afraid of high roofs ? This is just disgraceful for NY.
Yawn.

Can you at least think of an original whine, instead of one that has been bleated ad nauseum?

I ❤️ NY

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive