HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 5:26 PM
Editor

I wonder if Sheets will ever find his way back to the Riders. I guess we'll see what happens once his injury has healed. I think he might be done for the NFL.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Hamilton and Edmonton are on the upswing big-time for next season. They'll be solid contenders. I expect Calgary to hold steady in that regard too.

I think BC and Sask are on a downward trajectory... the Lions are obviously going to go through a transition with a new head coach, and Sask has to start planning for life after Durant. Toronto is probably also on the same path... without a major personnel shakeup I doubt they'll make the playoffs next year, and I'm not sure that's coming given the stasis that is paralyzing the Argos organization.

Montreal and Winnipeg are improving significantly but I don't think they'll be poised for serious cup runs yet next year. Ottawa is still in full on building mode, so it'll be another long year there next season.

At the risk of displaying a 'homer' bias, I might offer an alternate take on the Lions' situation. I think a lot depends on Lulay's health. There's no question that an entire season without him impacted the Lions' fortunes this year. Glenn was a serviceable QB, but he's no Lulay. The Lions also had a series of injuries which devastated the O-Line, and losing Andrew Harris mid-season didn't help either. A healthy Lulay, O-Line and Harris will result in a dramatically improved offense next year.

As for a new coach, a similar move last season by the Esks didn't have a negative impact. In fact, based on Wally's rationale for letting Benny go, a reset of the coaching staff may re-energize the team.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 5:52 PM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post

I wonder if Sheets will ever find his way back to the Riders. I guess we'll see what happens once his injury has healed. I think he might be done for the NFL.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Korey Sheets. In a nutshell, what has his story been? Did he make an active roster? If so, did he play in any games? If so, how did he do? He is injured now?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 6:05 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about Korey Sheets. In a nutshell, what has his story been? Did he make an active roster? If so, did he play in any games? If so, how did he do? He is injured now?
He went to the Raiders, but got injured.....torn ACL I think... He is basically gone for the season down there. He might come back to the CFL... who knows, and if he did, he would be a plus, but I'm not sure he would be the same player he was in 2013.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
He went to the Raiders, but got injured.....torn ACL I think... He is basically gone for the season down there. He might come back to the CFL... who knows, and if he did, he would be a plus, but I'm not sure he would be the same player he was in 2013.
Blew his Achilles Tendon in the final preseason game. He was on his way to making the team. He was at Grey Cup wearing a riders jersey but he still has a month of rehab to go.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Where does Jeff Garcia fit into this puzzle? Is BC going to talk to him for the HC job?
Heard on the radio today Huffer will coach one more year and then move upstairs as GM and DD will take over as head coach. Huffer wants to win two cups in a row, Stamps are 3:1 favorites to repeat on bodog.

https://sports.bodog.eu/mobile/#coupon/NFF

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 4:56 PM

Jeff Tedford's name being thrown around for the Lions HC vacancy. Some Fresh Blood and a fairly big name in US College Ball and was most recently the OC in Tampa Bay. I think he would have to take a pay cut to come to the CFL

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones2451 View Post
Jeff Tedford's name being thrown around for the Lions HC vacancy. Some Fresh Blood and a fairly big name in US College Ball and was most recently the OC in Tampa Bay. I think he would have to take a pay cut to come to the CFL
Interesting. There likely would be a pay cut going from NFL OC to CFL HC, but probably not by much... successful CFL HCs can make over $500K once the incentives are factored in.

Unlike the buyer's market for players where the CFL is the only realistic option for players who don't make the NFL, the CFL has to compete for coaching talent with the NCAA and the NFL.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2015, 9:04 PM

Started a new thread for the 2015 Season

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada