HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 6:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Anyone have any inside info on this? https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/6/5/...ad-development
I got you covered BS!

http://livablebuckhead.com/3377-peac...ehind-w-hotel/

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 6:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Anyone have any inside info on this? https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/6/5/...ad-development
Projected to be 32 floors and 449 feet.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 7:05 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Interesting. Thanx Atl3000

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 7:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Interesting. Thanx Atl3000
I think this video shows the project as well.

Video Link

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Jun 5, 2018 at 7:26 PM.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 7:34 PM
BANNED

Cushman & Wakefield Secures $37.8M Construction Financing for Multifamily Project on Atlanta’s Upper Westside

http://rebusinessonline.com/cushman-...pper-westside/

Vue at the Quarter will be located at 2048 Bolton Drive N.W. and is slated for delivery in May 2020.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 2:41 AM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Projected to be 32 floors and 449 feet.
They've pegged the millennial market. Who wouldn't want to live wedged between an interstate, a massive parking garage, and a mall parking lot?

But seriously, has anyone considered turning the top of the Atlanta Financial Center parking garage into a park. It would be a cheaper and more elevated version of what they want to spend a billion dollars for on the other side of Peachtree. That thing is a monstrosity.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 1:24 PM

No one would want to go up 8 stories of stairs to get to a park. They should convert all of the mall parking lots along peachtree into parks, that would be ideal.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daharris80 View Post
They've pegged the millennial market. Who wouldn't want to live wedged between an interstate, a massive parking garage, and a mall parking lot?

But seriously, has anyone considered turning the top of the Atlanta Financial Center parking garage into a park. It would be a cheaper and more elevated version of what they want to spend a billion dollars for on the other side of Peachtree. That thing is a monstrosity.
That 'thing' is an innovative and beautifully designed park--

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 1:42 PM

Quote:

1) lol at the proposal location. I agree. However, if/when Lenox is ever redeveloped, that's a lot size approximately the equivalent of 5 square blocks and has access to two HRT stations. It's a location that could certainly manage thousands of new residences and jobs (despite the current area's traffic cluster...).

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 2:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
1) lol at the proposal location. I agree. However, if/when Lenox is ever redeveloped, that's a lot size approximately the equivalent of 5 square blocks and has access to two HRT stations. It's a location that could certainly manage thousands of new residences and jobs (despite the current area's traffic cluster...).
I heard from a neighbor a couple of months ago, Simon Properties which owns Lenox Square will be presenting a major redevelopment plan for the mall later this year. Here are the plans presented last year for the area:

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 2:21 PM

Wow... massive.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 2:33 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
That 'thing' is an innovative and beautifully designed park--
No, the "thing" I was referring to in that sentence was the parking garage over GA 400. If that's innovative.... And the idea of turning it into a park was tongue and cheek. Its ironic that 30 years ago someone decided to build an elevated parking monstrosity over 400 and now we're trying to build an innovative and beautifully designed park just a block north over the same interstate. Its a sign of shifting priorities. Also a shame that all of that "real estate" was created to house cars and now we're looking to spend tons of money to find space for people to live life.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 2:42 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I heard from a neighbor a couple of months ago, Simon Properties which owns Lenox Square will be presenting a major redevelopment plan for the mall later this year. Here are the plans presented last year for the area:
This plan predictably does nothing to address the lot at issue for this apartment tower. It will still be guarded off from the mall area by that strip mall. Its inevitable because Buckhead is still being planned out by developers.

I don't blame Simon Properties. Why should they take into account a sliver of land they don't own and improve the value of that real estate for someone else's good?

Anyway, the plan itself is 'ok'. The interior drives on the north and south side of the property are still private drives that are not incorporated into the grid thing they have going on on the east of the property. I like the idea of a ramp from 400 on the south side of buckhead, but why does the drive inside the mall property still have to be separate from the road? Can't they incorporate those two roads and add a public road on the west side of the property that then creates a new junction at peachtree and crosses over to add access to the new 400 ramp to all of the offices North of Peachtree? It would create an alternative to Lenox Road.

If Simon's priorities were traffic, pedestrian experience, and city planning the plan would likely be different. But Simon understandably wants these private drives for its shoppers.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 3:28 PM

DOWNTOWN | Generation Atlanta | 17 fl | U/C
Groundbreaking is this week.

Quote:
New apartment development is revving up in downtown Atlanta, with the latest proposal bringing a one-of-a-kind design to the city.

Kaplan Residential, which has an Atlanta office, is soon to break ground on an $86 million apartment tower at 377 Centennial Olympic Park Drive.

“We feel like the job story downtown is the most compelling in the city — 140,000 jobs and virtually no new Class-A apartments in the submarket,” said Nathan Kaplan, partner at Kaplan Residential. “We feel like downtown is a greatly under-supplied market.”

The apartment tower will be a first for Atlanta, as it’s being built with a prefab building material called Prescient. The product cuts high-rise construction costs by 20 to 25 percent, compared to using concrete.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-downtown.html

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta3000 View Post
i heard from a neighbor a couple of months ago, simon properties which owns lenox square will be presenting a major redevelopment plan for the mall later this year. Here are the plans presented last year for the area:

win!!!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 3:51 PM

The old parking deck next to Liberty Plaza by the state capitol building is being demolished. Anybody know if anything is going in its place?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
The old parking deck next to Liberty Plaza by the state capitol building is being demolished. Anybody know if anything is going in its place?
Hmm, can’t seem to find anything online... weren’t there plans to also cap the connector there? I doubt that’s it though.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 4:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Not sure if you're being serious or not so I'll respond. I have no "anti-parking" agenda. The point is that with surface lots and parking (non-podium) garages there is often unused space throughout the day. The issue for a dense and urbanizing Buckhead is not whether there should be parking but where it should be and how best to use space. If you take the amount of empty space at the top of these parking garages and on the surface lots that are consistently empty the amount of "real estate" available is staggering. But to get a sliver of land for a public park this area the business community is going to ask the public to fund a park over the interstate. They want to keep their unused parking spaces to themselves.

The behavior I think that needs to change is that when you drive into an urban environment (like Buckhead is becoming) why have an expectation you should have a parking spot right next to the building you want to enter and then one a block down the road when you change buildings? Why do so many people want to go to Buckhead and then ignore it as a city and not walk around and live in it?
In my opinion the behavior that needs to change is from pedestrians that don't have any skin in the game to stop dictating to developers and banks that finance these projects whether they get to have parking or not and how much. The fact is, landowners, developers and banks are in the business to maximize profits and for most developments parking is an expense to everyone involved, but a necessary evil. If parking wasn't necessary you better damn well believe it these people wouldn't spend the money to build it. The fact is, there is not one area of the city you could build a commercial office, apartment or condo and be able to recoup your cost and a descent profit margin unless you have parking.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 4:09 PM
BANNED

The Huntley on Park Avenue - Buckhead

Everyone hated this project from the renderings and I said wait until it is built because I believe it will turn out to be a beautiful project. Has anyone's opinions changed?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 4:20 PM

Not what I'd call beautiful but it's okay and unoffensively blends in.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations