HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 9:57 PM

Thanks, timbad. It's great to see that some of these infill projects (363 6th, 950 market, etc) are getting started. 950 Market should have a huge impact on the area.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 2:22 AM

Phase 1 of Pier 70 is breaking ground:

Quote:
The transformation of Pier 70 from a long-shuttered maritime industrial complex to a lively mixed-use waterfront community will kick off Thursday at a groundbreaking with the normal mix of political speeches and platitudes.

But in this case the ceremony won’t be pure pageantry: When the elected officials leave with their gold-plated shovels, the real work will begin immediately, according to Jack Sylvan, senior vice president with developer Forest City.

With unprecedented speed, Forest City will mobilize workers this month on the first phase of one of the city’s most anticipated new developments: the 28-acre bayside enclave that will eventually include 1,100-2,150 residential units and more than 1 million square feet of commercial space, with local retail and services, arts and light industrial space, and a new waterfront arts facility.

Phase one will consist of four buildings, one park, new utilities, and two new streets connecting Dogpatch and the waterfront. Ten feet of dirt will be added to most of the site to protect against sea-level rise. The frame of one hulking steel building, Building 15, will be taken apart and then reassembled on its old site to provide a historic industrial gateway that folks walking or biking along 22nd Street will pass through on the way to a new bayfront park, to be called Slipway Commons.

Other phase one buildings include a 275,000-square-foot new office building; a new, 280-unit residential complex; and a 120-unit apartment building to be constructed within the shell of Building 2, a four-story concrete structure. Forest City is hoping to have all four buildings complete by the middle of 2021
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...t-12902232.php

Pier 70 project page and some renderings

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 4:17 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Phase 1 of Pier 70 is breaking ground...
yee-haw! (Pier 70 also has its own thread now, too)

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 4:14 AM
Build Baby Build

The view from above. Click for larger images.

Old Posted May 12, 2018, 6:25 PM

No one's posted this yet, so....
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business...t-12907804.php

If Facebook comes through, this means there is virtually no class A office space coming online in SF until Oceanwide opens in 2021.

Old Posted May 12, 2018, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotetrickster View Post
No one's posted this yet, so....
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business...t-12907804.php

If Facebook comes through, this means there is virtually no class A office space coming online in SF until Oceanwide opens in 2021.
fimiak did post a link to Biz Journal's version, in the Park Tower thread

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 10:59 AM

scaffolding is down on the little one on Harrison between Third and Fourth

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 11:12 AM

Moscone

couple other angles on the hotel on Third and Townsend: from the south...

... and east (for those of us who remember Townsend in the 90s, when none of these buildings existed, this shot is striking)

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
scaffolding is down on the little one on Harrison between Third and Fourth
Not the outcome I hoped for. Balconies in SF seem relatively pointless. The glass rail on them is atrocious. Regardless, I'm excited to see another underutilized lot get built up.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 11:57 PM

Noticed this building going up in the Tenderloin today on Larkin St (near O'Farrell). 8 stories "with 42 condos over 1,400-square-feet of retail space and parking for 22 cars" replacing this:

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...on-larkin.html

As of today:

Photo by moi

Kind of a rough-edged spot to buy a cond, though it happens to be across the street from my go-to Asian grocery. All the luck to them, though. It's what 'hood needs. Can't find a rendering but if JS Sullivan is still doing it, I expect good things. They are doing a couple of other pretty nice looking infill buildings around town.

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 1:32 AM

from the planning app

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 6:10 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Condo project at California & Powell, Nob Hill

[IMG]Condo project @ California & Powell, Nob Hill by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Condo project at California & Powell, Nob Hill...
oooh, thanks, nice angle and I'd forgotten about that one!

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 6:22 PM

Reminder: Tomorrow is the official "unveiling" of the LED light installation atop the Salesforce Tower: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...99946&page=190

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Exclusive: Union Square's first new retail development in 20 years to break ground after years of delays
By Katie Burke – Food/Hospitality/Retail Reporter, San Francisco Business Times
May 14, 2018, 12:00pm PDT Updated May 14, 2018, 1:39pm

The corner of Grant Avenue and Sutter Street will be home to Union Square's next retail transformation now that plans for the district's first new development in decades is at the starting line.

Lincoln Property Company and St. Bride's Managers, the joint venture spearheading the 300 Grant Ave. project, will break ground this week on a 6-story, 70,000-square-foot property with room for retail and office tenants. The development, with an estimated construction cost of $19 million, is slated for a late 2019 completion and early 2020 opening. It's not clear yet what the mix of retail vs. office will be . . . .

Plans to develop the coveted corner lot in San Francisco's premier retail district have been in the works for more than a decade. After a proposal to build a 10-story residential and retail tower failed to survive the recession, a new owner swooped in about four years ago to reposition the plans to include retail and office.

The joint venture purchased the site for $49.25 million in 2014, according to Property Shark research.

The development will be Union Square's first ground-up project in more than 20 years after construction on Crate & Barrel's store at 55 Stockton St. and the 7-story Bvglari Building at One Union Square . . . .

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...ice-space.html

No rendering of the replacement offered.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...ice-space.html

No rendering of the replacement offered.
Socketsite as well as Robert Becker have a few renderings on their sites. Hopefully it's evovled a bit since then; regardless, a peek at what it may become.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 5:56 PM

Is anyone else concerned that a $9 Bay Bridge toll will inhibit business development (and office construction) in San Francisco? I don't commute; don't even work. So like most people, I'd be inclined to support a tax somebody else will be paying. But I am worried there could be a bit of a revolt from commuting employees forced to pay this (or their employers if they reimburse it) and it would constitute motivation for businesses--and buildin--to relocate to the East Bay or Peninsula.

Any thoughts?

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Prolific investor jumps into Mid-Market with $110 million deal for 1390 Market St. in San Francisco
By Blanca Torres – Reporter, San Francisco Business Times
May 18, 2018, 1:30pm

Prolific deal-maker Swift Real Estate Partners picked up its first office building in San Francisco’s Mid-Market area.

The investor snapped up the first 12 floors consisting of 220,000 square feet of office and ground-floor retail in 1390 Market St. from Broadreach Capital Partners. The price was $110 million or about $500 per square foot, according to a source familiar with the deal.

The 29-story tower, formerly known as Fox Plaza, includes apartments on the upper floors owned by San Mateo-based Essex Property Trust . . . .

The space is 89 percent leased up to mostly tech and government tenants including Twitter (NYSE: TWTR), Arista Networks and the City of San Francisco.

Swift plans on sprucing up the building’s lobby, common areas and exterior and has hired on Cushman & Wakefield to handle the office and retail leasing . . . .
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...fice-sale.html

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Is anyone else concerned that a $9 Bay Bridge toll will inhibit business development (and office construction) in San Francisco? I don't commute; don't even work. So like most people, I'd be inclined to support a tax somebody else will be paying. But I am worried there could be a bit of a revolt from commuting employees forced to pay this (or their employers if they reimburse it) and it would constitute motivation for businesses--and buildin--to relocate to the East Bay or Peninsula.

Any thoughts?
I wouldn't expect it to be too bad. According to this report by BART only 20% of people commuting to FiDi, from East Bay, commute alone. An additional 12% carpool, but presumably this would have less of an effect on each individual in the carpool since the increase for each commuter is not as much. If anything, I think it would make more people take buses or BART.

Last edited by iamfishhead; May 24, 2018 at 2:21 AM. Reason: Clarification on statistic

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 5:14 AM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfishhead View Post
I wouldn't expect it to be too bad. According to this report by BART only 20% of people commuting to FiDi, from East Bay, commute alone. An additional 12% carpool, but presumably this would have less of an effect on each individual in the carpool since the increase for each commuter is not as much. If anything, I think it would make more people take buses or BART.
I agree. I like the fact that it is phased over three years. Also, relatively speaking, tolls here are cheap compared to New York.

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations