HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Sep 2, 2013, 1:59 AM

Need Help-Looking for reference of The Shard to make it into a building for SimCity 4

Like the title of the thread said, I am interested in making the Shard for SimCity 4. I go by the same username over on Simtropolis, and just recently finished my latest BAT.

Now i want to make the Shard, but due to its shape, I've found that starting an accurate model of the building is quite difficult. I've tried over on Simtropolis with little luck to get enough good reference, so maybe it will work out better here.

I am basically looking for elevations of all 4 sides or a basic 3d massing model of the shard to use as reference. I scoured the threads here and could only find some elevations (lots of floorplans though) and the models on google warehouse are too basic to get the shape of each glass "panel", so right now im out of luck.

If i could find all 4 elevations, or a download of a model like in the image below i would be able to make the tower.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2013, 4:03 AM

The mention of Sim City 4 makes my heart hurt. I had such high hopes and EA dashed them with a brick.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2013, 12:46 PM
Architect Curmudgeon

HA!

Make me smile to see people still playing SC4!
Just goes to show how much people hate SC5.
Personally if they Remade SC4 with just modern graphics and more advanced processing and I'd be happy!
"God damn modern architect's and their Brtualism, and 'realism' and damn concrete boxes. Why I remember back when buildings had STYLE back when you would have real ARTISTS working away both inside and out!
"Um, aren't you like barely 30?"
"Thats not the point you damn whipper snapper!"

Old Posted Oct 9, 2013, 2:55 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^second that. I still play SC4, took a pass on SC5.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture