HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 3:59 AM

Olympic Village Station + False Creek South Planning

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in but I was just wondering if anyone knows if the City of Vancouver has any plans to develop/redevelop the surface parking lot adjacent to the Olympic Village Skytrain station?

It is known as Easypark "Lot 15" (see http://www.easypark.ca/easypark-lots...ng-Lot-15.aspx ) but the lot is rarely full, despite being the only Canada Line "park and ride" within city limits.

I do suspect that the Olympic Village station is going to see greater utilization in the near future as there are several residential developments underway nearby (SEFC developments are obvious; the less obvious ones are the infill developments on the west side of Cambie south of 6th Ave., such as False Creek Landing, Cambie +7, and The Werks). But the new ridership coming from these buildings will be walking to the station, not driving and parking there.

On a related note: the leaseholds in False Creek South start expiring in 2022 (http://www.replanfcs.ca/ ). I wonder if the City is waiting on the formal community planning process to kick off next year and simply include the surface lot as part of those discussions?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues