HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 8:23 PM
Halifax Promoter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxRetales View Post
Not open yet but will soon

also noticed yesterday that the Enfield Big Stop is getting a Brand new building
Just ate there today and they hope to be open in December, with almost twice the seating of the old location.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 9:42 PM

Thanks to the Service Employees International Union, HRM may soon have no coffee shops whatsoever. The idiot "baristas" think they can make a career out of slinging coffee and are gullibly believing the siren song of the union organizers. The result of unionization will be coffee shops going out of business due to a combination of unsustainable wage and benefit rates, excessively high prices, and worse service.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Thanks to the Service Employees International Union, HRM may soon have no coffee shops whatsoever. The idiot "baristas" think they can make a career out of slinging coffee and are gullibly believing the siren song of the union organizers. The result of unionization will be coffee shops going out of business due to a combination of unsustainable wage and benefit rates, excessively high prices, and worse service.
It might be of interest to see how they do. Right now many unions are mainly involved with government employees who withdraw services they perform as a monopoly.
I think maybe it is time for retail and other low paying jobs to unionize in an effort to better themselves.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2013, 12:19 PM

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddifax View Post
Just ate there today and they hope to be open in December, with almost twice the seating of the old location.
They are also adding CNG filling for vehicles, as part of a CNG "corridor "consisting of Big Stops starting in NS and ending in NB.

Originally I thought that they were just adding the CNG pumps, but it appears they are doing a complete re-do of the stations, well, the Enfield one at least.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 12:30 AM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

That's cool. This would make NS and NB the sixth and seventh province to offer this type of filling station.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby074 View Post
Originally I thought that they were just adding the CNG pumps, but it appears they are doing a complete re-do of the stations, well, the Enfield one at least.
They are also asking HRM to allow for a retail building with two drive-thrus on the site. It's almost a guarantee it will be a Tim Hortons & Wendys combo.

Make way for Halifax's 137th Tim Hortons location!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 2:17 AM

There should be a way of measuring how good a Canadian city is based on the Tim Hortons Per Person. I'll call it the THPP Index. The greater the amount of Tim Hortons the more Canadian a city. Cause everyone knows Canadians love Tim Hortons.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 2:25 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

A place called Home Grown Organic Foods is opening at 2310 Gottingen Street next week. They used to have a smaller place on Allan Street.

It's nice to see locally-owned businesses growing in the North End.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 11:43 AM

There was an advertisement in the newspaper today that the Maritimes first Walmart Supercentre opens this Friday July 26th at the Halifax Shopping Centre.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
There was an advertisement in the newspaper today that the Maritimes first Walmart Supercentre opens this Friday July 26th at the Halifax Shopping Centre.
the Bedford and Dartmouth Crossing ones that are having extension built are slated for October

Old Posted Jul 25, 2013, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstaleness View Post
That's cool. This would make NS and NB the sixth and seventh province to offer this type of filling station.
I misspoke, I guess they intend on doing them up into Quebec and Ontario too. No word on whether cars will be able to fill up along with the heavy trucks.

"oil giant’s plan to make liquefied natural gas (LNG) available at five of its existing stations.
The existing stations where transporters will be able to get LNG will be in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Quebec"

"We’re looking at developing an LNG corridor from Halifax to Montreal, and potentially further into Quebec and Ontario."

" the company will start the development in Halifax, and work its way westward."

http://www.enfieldweeklypress.com/20...ng-to-enfield/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
They are also asking HRM to allow for a retail building with two drive-thrus on the site. It's almost a guarantee it will be a Tim Hortons & Wendys combo.

Make way for Halifax's 137th Tim Hortons location!
Yay, more Timmys

Although I can see it for sure, thats a busy spot. What does that mean for the BigStop? Will they still have a restaurant? Im kinda surprised Irving is doing it because it will undercut sales in their restaurant/convenience store.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 2:58 AM
Dartmouth Girl

I went for a little saunter around the outside of the new Target at MicMac today..

..and a little comparisson to mid-December last year..

I didn't get around to the highway facing side, as I was sort of making a dash across the parking lot to catch the bus

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 12:34 PM

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1203...tlantic-canada

Walmart Supercentre plans for the region by January 2014 include Halifax, Fredericton, Moncton and Saint John.

Surprised Sydney which has 3 Walmarts was not included yet. Also I would have thought P.E.I. would get one. Although I would imagine later in 2014 there will be more conversions.

Nova Scotia Supercentres

Halifax 6990 Mumford Road NOW OPEN http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1203...s?relation=org
Halifax 220 Chain Lake
Dartmouth 90 Lamont Terrace
Bedford 141 Damascus

New Brunswick Supercentres

Fredericton 125 Two Nations Crossing
Fredericton 1399 Regent Street
Dieppe 477 Paul Street
Moncton 25 Plaza Boulevard
Saint John 450 Westmorland

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 4:27 PM

Forever 21 officially announced as opening this year at Mic Mac Mall. This is huge for them!

It will be their Atlantic Canadian flagship store, being an XXI Forever store format (carrying the normal women's clothing/accessories along with men's [21men] and kid's sections).

It will be over 38,000 sq.ft., making it equal to or larger than the XXI Forever store in Winnipeg's Polo Park Shopping Centre (which is currently Canada's largest F21 store).

Last edited by icetea93; Aug 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 11:49 PM

Anyone know what is going on with the Melanie Lyne store at Halifax Shopping Centre? It was announced and under construction (with hoarding up and everything) since Jan-Feb, but I was in last week and the hoarding is now white (no more Melanie Lyne logo). HSC also removed it from their "New Stores" section of their website.

Maybe Melanie Lyne is having financial difficulties? Or maybe HSC has since found a more attractive tenant?

The former Pizza Delight space in HSC is now divided into two spaces and they are both under preparations. I'm assuming an announcement will be made soon. The smaller space bordering the entrance hall is probably the HSC Starbucks we've been hearing about.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 2:21 PM

3 Starbucks?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 1:01 AM

HSC announced Starbucks today for the former Cinnabon space

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 1:36 AM

Beat me to it I was in the shopping center today and saw the posters up for it.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 4:18 AM

Cintamani Icelandic Outdoor Clothing is "coming soon" to the former Aigle/Mise Au Green spot on Spring Garden. http://www.cintamani.ca/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General