HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 6, 2006, 7:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay420
welcome tyler82!

someone correct me as i may be wrong, but i dont think rincon has apartments, isnt it all going to be condo units?

i havent seen the building in person since the curtain wall went up, need to make a trip to that part of sf soon!!
For the over 2 decades I've owned my condo unit, I've often referred to it as my "apartment". But you are correct that the residential units at One Rincon Hill are all for sale (and most of them already sold).

Old Posted Dec 6, 2006, 9:13 PM
BANNED

hey northbay thanks for the welcome, i realize they are condos though i was just referring to them as the generic definition. btw I was born in Petaluma 707 home of Winona Ryder, Polly Klaas and John Kaar haha!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2006, 8:04 PM

They seem to be doing the steel-buckling restrained braces for One Rincon---- progress has stopped--- they have been on level 26 for a while now and they way they are doing the rebar looks funky.
芝加哥 Chicago: Trump Tower, Waterview Tower

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 4:24 AM

looks like its going up fine to me. i pass it every weekday on the bay bridge

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 4:32 AM
Green Berniecrat

Well, they did say this was a structurally different building than the rest. Perhaps this is the reason progress is going slow for now. Seems to me that they're about 1/3 of the way to the top, they could be at an important point. Also, not to mention, the weather is starting to close in as well.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 4:33 AM
BANNED

Close to bridge

when i drove by on thursday i was amazed at how CLOSE the tower is to the bay bridge SF entry, one floor looked as if you could reach out the window and touch the deck! Really cool how reflective it is, it's like a big mirror showing you a 360° view of the bay area, and the color looks great against the seawater.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 7:38 AM

was in sf last night for nssn, construction looked to be making good progress, does anyone know if it still in the 20's or has it mae it to thirty on the floor count?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 2:07 PM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
hey northbay thanks for the welcome, i realize they are condos though i was just referring to them as the generic definition. btw I was born in Petaluma 707 home of Winona Ryder, Polly Klaas and John Kaar haha!
oh ok. just checking for my own clarification too since i often miss alot of the basic info .

its ALL about the 707!!!! i know, theres alot of crazy people up here (or is it that the rest of the world is crazy, im never quite sure). petaluma is actually one of my fav, its actually become kinda hip (rather than the cowtown it was when i was growin up).

btw, if all the units are nearly sold, does that mean theyll start the 2nd tower soon after the 1st is completed?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 7:07 PM
Green Berniecrat

As far as I know, they've reached level 26. However, I do not know whether this is actual floors or the elevator core.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that they had sold most of the units already. In either case, it looks like the second tower will probably begin around spring - summer of 2007.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 4:31 AM
Kodachrome

I have found myself in the city a lot in the last few
months... here are a couple more from this last Saturday.
Drive-by on the I-80... traffic was backed up which was
a good thing in this case.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 6:35 AM
Green Berniecrat

My god, I knew One Rincon Hill was close to the freeway, but this is ridiculously close. Talk about maximizing space. This is great though, I like that glass. Nice pictures too, thanks!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 6:39 AM

Just wait until it is finished!

Yes, it is literally against the freeway, I would love to have a corner unit with one side 2 floors above traffic level. Just can't stand naked infront of the glass, or you will cause a massive wreck :p

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 10:40 AM
BANNED

Hopefully for the sake of the tenants there will be a barrier fence between the freeway and the building, otherwise an innocent fender bender could end up becoming an in-house destruction derby!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 3:44 PM

Yeah, could you imagine the surprise you would get when you go from normal to having an 18-wheeler in your living room!

I wonder if there will be any units right on the freeway, or even BELOW it (imagine a grungy underpass area as your view, when someone 20 floors above you has a world-class view!)

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 6:38 PM

Smile

Here are some more pics taken Saturday between rainstorms.
From what I could tell, they've poured the floor of level 26 and are currently working on the columns extending to level 27. That would put the core at approximately level 30.

Looking northeast:

Looking east:

Looking southeast:

Looking south:

The view up the First Street hill:

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 6:54 PM

Those pictures are fantastic. SF is super cool, a lot of my friends here in Austin are from the Bay Area.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 2:29 AM

From the onerinconhill.com website, this diagram shows the floorplan for most of the tower levels, along with an example of a small 1-bedroom condo:

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 6:36 AM
BANNED

Rincon renting

Is there anything available to renters in the towers? It seems that the only options are for millionaires who can actually afford to buy property in the city!

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 8:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenratboy View Post
Yeah, could you imagine the surprise you would get when you go from normal to having an 18-wheeler in your living room!

I wonder if there will be any units right on the freeway, or even BELOW it (imagine a grungy underpass area as your view, when someone 20 floors above you has a world-class view!)
I don't think there'll be any views UNDER the freeway. If you look at this picture:

you can see that what appears to be the first glassy level is at about the same level as the roadway.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 8:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
Is there anything available to renters in the towers? It seems that the only options are for millionaires who can actually afford to buy property in the city!
If there are any rentals, they will be units being rented by the individual purchasers. But, by SF standards, these units are surprisingly reasonable--just over $600K to start. That's a mortage payment of around $3500 a month give or take. Figure another $1500/month for property taxes, condo fees and insurance so you'd be looking at maybe $5000 a month or $60,000 a year in housing costs. Since it's no longer too unusual for Californians to be spending half their disposable income on housing, somebody making maybe $140 or $150K a year could be living here. That's a lot of money, but common enough in SF and it doesn't make you a millionaire quickly (especially if you are paying out almost half of it for a home). And, of course, some of these purchasers may be using profits made on a previous home which would cut both the costs and the income required to support them drastically.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive