HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 3:49 AM

Winter Design Festival

Saw this on the internet and posters downtown.. Seems like an art/design festival that will be happening at Lansdowne at the same time as Winterlude.

Couple of cool design and architecture related things...
1) They've announced they are getting innovative and creative Warming Huts from The Forks in Winnipeg (pictures are on their FB page)
2) They held a Design & Build competition and the winning design was just announced a couple of days ago.. I believe it was called LoopDrop and it's designed from a Montreal firm. This will be built at Aberdeen Square at Lansdowne during the festival
3) They are also hosting a "Oratory" component on Feb 7th with special guest speakers apparently relating to winter, design, architecture and Ottawa.. They've been dropping a few hints as to who they would be but I can't figure it out...

Seems really cool and adds something new to Ottawa and the art/design scene. I'm excited and will definitely be checking it out! Thought a lot of you guys would like it too

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 1:19 PM

As indicated on the poster, here is their website:
http://winterdesignfestival.com/

It seems like Raymond Moriyama might be one of the speakers at the Oratory; there's a photo and bio on the website... Right off the bat, that's some pretty high-caliber talent. I wonder if all of the speakers will be Canadian, or if they'll reach out to other artists/designers/architects from around the world?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 6:22 PM

So today is the Oratory Event at the Horticulture Building at Lansdowne where Raymond Moriyama will be hosting a session on architecture, design and specifically his project for the National War Museum.

Starts at 3pm, doors open, free event.. I will be going, hope to see some of you there

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation