HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 11:49 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJXN View Post
Wish it was maybe 20 stories taller.
I agree, but for a building of this crazy design I think ~780' is still pretty tall, and definitely will have a presence in Miami.

I think this'll be awesome!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2017, 12:41 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction About To Begin On Dock Behind One River Point

Quote:
Activity at the One River Point site is about to get underway.

On December 8, A Notice Of Commencement was filed stating that tree removal would begin. City records show that a permit is active allowing for the removal of 20 trees.

On December 14, a restrictive covenant was filed with Miami-Dade. The agreement allows for the construction of a dock, with space for a single boat. A construction permit was filed with the city December 11, listing the cost of construction at $7,500.

One River Point launched sales in fall 2015, and began converting to contracts earlier this year. A $3.5 million sales center also opened this year.

The twin tower project is proposed to include 418 units. The 60-story towers would rise 928 and 933 feet.
===========================
NXT

Old Posted Dec 23, 2017, 12:43 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Based on the info above, looks like:

MIAMI | One River Point | 933 + 928 FT | 2 X 60 FLOORS

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 2:55 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Along Miami River, Derelict Bait Shops Give Way to Luxury Condos

Quote:
[...]

Across the river, the New York developer Shahab Karmely spotted a large empty lot, once a shipyard, while he was prospecting in the area in 2013. The result will be One River Point, a two-tower, 60-story condominium designed by the Uruguayan architect Rafael Viñoly that will be topped off by a pair of 14,000-square-foot “sky villas” costing about $30 million each. Spanning the gap between the towers, 800 feet in the air, a three-level private club will be encased almost entirely in glass. Construction is scheduled to start in early 2019.

[...]
=========================
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/30/b...al-estate.html

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 1:56 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Work Underway At One River Point, Could Become Miami’s Tallest

Quote:
Construction activity has commenced at One River Point, where twin condo towers are planned.

Sitework, including excavation, piles, seawall and foundation, are now underway, according to a representative for developer KAR Properties.

The buildings are expected to go vertical in early 2019. An article in the New York Times last week stating a project start date in 2019 actually referred to vertical construction, the representative said.

The towers are approved by the FAA for a height of 928 feet above ground, or 933 feet above sea level, making the towers the tallest either completed or under construction in all of Florida. By comparison, the recently completed Panorama Tower in Brickell is now the tallest in Florida at 868 feet above ground.
========================
NXT

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 8:00 PM

Nice! I really like the design of the tower, very different. Glad there's some action going on.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Work Underway At One River Point, Could Become Miami’s Tallest

========================
NXT
Well, it's a start. Hopefully they will constructed a new tower. It should be completely sometime in the year of 2021 or so.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 3:48 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Seawall Construction Appears To Be Underway At One River Point

Quote:
There is construction activity this week at the One River Point site.

Records show that two permits are now active, with both pulled on October 10. The first is for a seawall, with a listed value of $240,000. The second is for a dock, with a valuation of $9,750.

In January, representatives of the developer said that foundation work was underway, with vertical construction to begin in January 2019. The site has been mostly dormant since then, however.

One River Point is proposed to include twin 60-story towers designed by architect Rafael Vinoly.
======================
NXT

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 5:57 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Meh, I think Rafael Vinoly is a bit overrated. Most of his designs turn out to be underwhelming when finished.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 5:58 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Meh, I think Rafael Vinoly is a bit overrated. Most of his designs turn out to be underwhelming when finished.
This one will be fine. There's no crown to VE. Curtain wall is basic glass. Not much VEing to be done here from what I can see.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 6:50 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

The problem is that even when his projects aren't VE'd, they still look VE'd. 432 Park is a great example. He should change his name to Rafael VinolVE'd.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 5:19 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
The problem is that even when his projects aren't VE'd, they still look VE'd. 432 Park is a great example. He should change his name to Rafael VinolVE'd.
"Most of his designs turn out to be underwhelming when finished."

Your argument implied you have hopes for the designs, but now you argue they look VE'd regardless.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 1:00 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

I do have high hopes for his designs, which originates from his Starchitect status and from generally high quality renderings of his projects. The "VE'd" statement comes from my personal perception of the difference of rendering + starchitect expectations vs. the finished project. In reality there may very well be no actual VEing going on, it just feels like it to me, given those higher expectations. Less of an argument and more of an opinion. But you know what they say about opinions...

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 3:18 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

FAA Application Submitted For 817-Foot Tower At One River Point Site

Quote:
An application has been submitted to the Federal Aviation Administration to build a project at the One River Point site.

According to the application, the tallest height is planned to be 817 feet above ground, or 827 feet above sea level.

In 2014, Rafael Vinoly Architects applied for and received FAA approval for a building height of 928 feet above ground on the same property. It was set to expire in September 2018, unless construction was underway by then.

Developer Kar Properties first revealed plans for the twin 60-story tower project called One River Point 2015, but has missed several announced construction start dates since then.
====================
NXT

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 8:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

FAA APPROVES ONE RIVER POINT TO BE BUILT AT 817 FEET, CONSTRUCTION PERMIT PENDING

Quote:
Downtown Miami’s One River Point towers have been granted approval by the Federal Aviation Administration for a height of 817 feet above ground.

Construction permits are now being reviewed by the city.

Rafael Vinoly Architects was the applicant that received the FAA approval. A total height of 827 feet above sea level is permitted.

It is the second time the FAA has approved the height of One River Point, although a previous approval was for a taller building. In 2014, the FAA approved a building height of 928 feet above ground on the same property. The approval expired in September 2018.

City records show two construction permits now pending, including a phased foundation permit being actively worked on as of this month. A separate building permit for vertical construction of the tower is also pending.

Developer Kar Properties recently completed a foundation pour for the 38-story 2000 Ocean tower in Hallandale Beach.
=============
NXT

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 9:00 PM
BANNED

I saw this on Thenextmiami.com and meant to post it! What awesome news. I hope that the developer has a construction loan and that this can rise without presale requirements.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 11:42 PM
BANNED

More of the same blockbusting stuff from Miami. What I want to see is Miami moving away from gross big blocks. That type of development leaves a soulless city. In my time living in Paris, I learnt the people there would refer to this kind of thing as "tres brute", very raw, vulgar stuff, mais oui! Of course they were referring to the horrible La Defense, where there is no soul, only corporate greed.

SoBe is where the people walk, and they walk there for a reason. Fine grained urbanism. Hardly anybody actually walks in downtown Miami, it's not good. Build a proper downtown with pleasant walk able streets or be forever in Miami Beach's shadow. Je vous en pris.

Last edited by urbanview; Jul 31, 2019 at 12:07 AM.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanview View Post
More of the same blockbusting stuff from Miami. What I want to see is Miami moving away from gross big blocks. That type of development leaves a soulless city. In my time living in Paris, I learnt the people there would refer to this kind of thing as "tres brute", very raw, vulgar stuff, mais oui! Of course they were referring to the horrible La Defense, where there is no soul, only corporate greed.

SoBe is where the people walk, and they walk there for a reason. Fine grained urbanism. Hardly anybody actually walks in downtown Miami, it's not good. Build a proper downtown with pleasant walk able streets or be forever in Miami Beach's shadow. Je vous en pris.
Thank you for your input, but Miami is not Paris, so...

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 3:07 PM
BANNED

I really hope that the Waldorf tower rises too.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 10:38 PM
DENNAB

Shame about the height cut but it's still tall and is a pretty neat/unique project.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals