HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 4:32 PM

Someone in another thread suggested that the tracks by the art museum get this glass either roofing or flooring and have it become an "exhibit" of sorts..

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisMolotov View Post
Someone in another thread suggested that the tracks by the art museum get this glass either roofing or flooring and have it become an "exhibit" of sorts..

Brilliant idea!!!! add some funky colorful lighting underneath.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 6:21 PM
Chicagotom SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventually...Chicago View Post
I am in tower 3 (just south of OMP) and they just opened our pool deck so i can get pretty close to the building. Standing right next to it and imagining it going up another 25-30 stories is impressive. I can't wait for OMP & OMPW to finish.

Hey, should we expand this thread to be both OMP & OMPW? It seems like it is not worth making a new thread for each building.
What's up Eventually. Do you mean Tower 4? Tower 3 is at 233 E 13th. Anyway. Glad to see another Museum Parker on the thread. When OMPW starts gets moving I hope to see a separate thread. I think the 2 buildings are impressive enough to support that but what are others thoughts?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 8:56 PM

Re covering the tracks, I wonder if getting the Olympics here would make it possible? There'd be a ton of money flowing into the city, and you know King Daley would love nothing more than seeing Grant Park flow all the way down to the Olympic Village...

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 9:18 PM

Tom

I mean tower 4, i must be losing my head, i dont' even know where i live anymore.

But, yeah, if you are able to go up on the pool deck for tower 4 you get a really sweet view of the building. I am always impressed by how thin the building looks from some angles and how massive it looks from others, like when you are standing at roosevelt and columbus. These two towers (OMPW) are going to really put some pressure on whoever develops roosevelt between mich & indiana.

"A Chicago man knows he has a mission to accomplish in the world."- Pierre De Coubertin

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 9:54 PM
Chicagotom SSC

Had a few investment units in T4. I use to be able to go out to the deck and shoot but know I just take them from the T3 roof deck. Hey have you noticed any excavating on OMPW. It looked like they were beginning something new? Maybe I'll look this weekend

Old Posted Jun 2, 2007, 5:00 AM
. . . . . . .

Old Posted Jun 2, 2007, 8:22 PM

Nice shots Erku3.

Since for the past few months I've been saving the webcam shot of OMP, and it's the same angle, I decided to make an animated GIF. Sorry the quality sucks, the GIF format really degrades the image.

These images are the 1st of April, May and June, so this is two months of growth.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 1:11 AM

transfer floor

can anyone tell me the floor numbers for each of the transfer floors?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by museumparktom View Post
Had a few investment units in T4. I use to be able to go out to the deck and shoot but know I just take them from the T3 roof deck. Hey have you noticed any excavating on OMPW. It looked like they were beginning something new? Maybe I'll look this weekend
i haven't noticed anything a whole lot different other than they brought another crane type machine on site. I think this is the thing they use to drive piles or drill caissons. i'm an architect, so naturally i have no idea how they actually build buildings.

(in all fairness to myself, i have never worked on a tall building)

"A Chicago man knows he has a mission to accomplish in the world."- Pierre De Coubertin

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 2:30 PM
Chicagotom SSC

OMP udate

is this the Jaraslow shot we were looking for?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 3:20 PM
tilted & shifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by museumparktom View Post
is this the Jaraslow shot we were looking for?
Close, but not quite.

Six Month Time Lapse photo by Jaroslaw and Dan in Chicago(originally posted by spyguy):

Last edited by i_am_hydrogen; Jun 4, 2007 at 4:00 PM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 3:57 PM
*ZANEKIN

That is incredible!! I wish there were more posts like this. Keep up the good work!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 5:02 PM
I'm going slightly mad.

Oh yeah! That's awesome.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 5:05 PM
Chicagotom SSC

OK I'll get back there on a suny day and tighten it up. I finally got a decent camera.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 12:53 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

My mouth is watering. Great work!!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
Close, but not quite.

Six Month Time Lapse photo by Jaroslaw and Dan in Chicago(originally posted by spyguy):

Thanks for posting this... my good computer is busted and I can only access photoshop in Chinese so I can't do much now.

The first pic is May 2004. The second is May 2005. The third is November 2005, this one should be taken out because it doesn't fit? And the fourth is May 2006, by Dan in Chicago.

ChicagoTom, can you post a larger version of your pic? Then we can fit it in so it matches one for one....

Last edited by Jaroslaw; Jun 6, 2007 at 2:37 PM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 4:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
Nah. What I ACTUALLY want is for them to rebuild Columbus underground where the tracks are and cover columbus with parkland. They should follow the Chicago Prize thing to and put LSD semi-underground.
Maybe they could convert LSD(traffic) through the tracks and return tons of land back to the park. Wouldn't take tons of money to demolish that stretch of LSD(make it a local road) through the park. Somebody has to have some kinda plan that could workout. I would rather see a New LSD, covering those tracks anyday.

Last edited by Catmendue2; Jun 6, 2007 at 4:58 PM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmendue2 View Post
Maybe they could convert LSD(traffic) through the tracks and return tons of land back to the park. Wouldn't take tons of money to demolish that stretch of LSD(make it a local road) through the park. Somebody has to have some kinda plan that could workout. I would rather see a New LSD, covering those tracks anyday.
LSD is one of the most famous drives in America (world?) because of its views. I doubt the city would do anything to mess that up (eg bury it through downtown and hide those views).

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcu View Post
LSD is one of the most famous drives in America (world?) because of its views. I doubt the city would do anything to mess that up (eg bury it through downtown and hide those views).
I tend to agree with you. But, of course, the city could entrench the road below park level at Queen's Crossing, etc.. for safer pedestrian access to the lake.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive