HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 1:41 AM

Does St Huberts have an eat in dinning?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilJai View Post
Does St Huberts have an eat in dinning?
Yes they do.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 2:24 AM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 2:24 AM
Unregistered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
I just got back from there.

2 White meat club's with fries for both and 2 cokes, and an extra coleslaw. Total price was $30.85. I'm very full, so it was worth it.

My receipt says 2:04PM. So the entire process from entering the drive thru, ordering, and waiting, was only 7 minutes. Food was very hot and not undercooked. I will be back sooner rather than later.

I won't be returning to Swiss Chalet in the near future.
Thanks for the detailed review.

That's almost as pricey as Relish, though they do make really good burgers!

The last time I was at St. Hubert was when they were on Rothesay Ave back in the day. I hope their service has improved since then.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 4:31 AM

We're on WestJet's radar with their new regional airline...

From THE DAILY COURIER, Kelowna, BC

WestJet raises dividend and adds new regional airline to take flight in 2013.
Wednesday, 08 February 2012 01:34 LuAnn LaSalle, The Canadian Press

WestJet confirmed Wednesday it will launch a low-fare, no frills regional airline, intensifying competition in smaller domestic markets with rival Air Canada (TSX:AC.B) for business and leisure class travellers.

"It's the next logical step in WestJet's evolution," president and CEO Gregg Saretsky said on a conference call Wednesday.

WestJet is considering either Bombardier's Q400 NextGen 70 to 80-seat aircraft designed for short hauls or Italian-French company ATR's 72-600 series, Saretsky said after the airline reported profits fell 4.3 per cent in its fourth quarter.

Saretsky said he expects that WestJet's regional airline will be up and running before the end of 2013 and the Calgary-based airline will place an order with either Bombardier (TSX:BBD.B) or ATR later this year.

"Both are excellent aircraft that would fit seamlessly into our current fleet. I want to emphasize that the regional fleet will consist of just one type of aircraft to maintain operational efficiencies and flexibility similar to the successful single-fleet approach we use in our current operations."

Saretsky said he couldn't yet say when the fleet will be delivered, nor announce market destinations or an exact launch date.

"We believe the short-haul turbo prop aircraft combined with WestJet's brand, strong balance sheet and low-cost structure will allow us to strengthen our domestic network for both leisure and business guests."

Saretsky said employees of WestJet (TSX:WJA) voted 91 per cent in favour of launching the regional carrier.

"We're trying to the degree possible to replicate exactly the way WestJet was started in 1996 - single fleet, low cost, highly productive, good utilization... a seating configuration that provides us a cost advantage over other operators of similar aircraft."

Air Canada has said it wanted to introduce a low-cost carrier to help trim costs but hasn't been able to get it in the air yet.

Chorus Aviation's Jazz (TSX:CHR.B) operates regional flights for Air Canada under contract.

"This is the biggest game-changer in Canadian aviation since WestJet was founded in 1996, which is ironic," said Robert Kokonis, president of airline consulting firm AirTrav Inc.

But it's also good for travellers who will have more choice, he said.

"The biggest winner clearly, upfront, is the consumer," he said.

There are communities across the country where they're only being served on by Jazz or by other carriers and could benefit from some competition, Kokonis said.

Communities that WestJet currently doesn't serve include Medicine Hat, Alta.; Brandon, Man.; and Fredericton and Saint John, N.B., he said.

Kokonis said Air Canada is a "very robust" competitor and will take on WestJet.

"If any airline can make a separate airline division work, I think it's WestJet because their corporate culture, their employee culture is so strong, so focused in an unrelenting way, I believe they can make a go of it."

WestJet also announced Wednesday that it's raising its dividend by 20 per cent. The Calgary-based company said the quarterly dividend will climb a penny to six cents per share, to be paid on March 30.

In it financial results, WestJet posted lower profits of $35.6 million, or 26 cents per share, compared to $37.2 million, or 26 cents per share in the comparable period of 2010.

The results beat average analyst expectations of 20 cents per share, according to a poll by Thomson Reuters.

Revenue grew 12.9 per cent to $721.5 million from $692.2 million.

"We managed to cover the elevated fuel costs with our revenue growth and improve our profit margin on a full-year basis," Saretsky said.

WestJet's 737s can't make long-haul journeys to Asia or Europe. So the company has been seeking partnerships with other carriers to expand its global reach and Saretsky said the Calgary airline will continue on with that strategy this year.

In the United States, WestJet is working with American Airlines and Delta. On the international front, WestJet has announced partnerships with British Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Air France and KLM.

National Bank Financial analyst Cameron Doerksen said WestJet's earnings were better than forecasted and revenue of $782 million was essentially in line with his estimate of $776 million. Earnings per share of 26 cents was beat his forecast of 21 cents, he said in a research note.

Shares in WestJet were up 53 cents, or four per cent, to $13.63 in afternoon trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 5:37 PM
ハルウララ

Architecture for the page

By me!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 8:28 PM
New Brunswick booster!

Like like!! Finally something different!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 8:39 PM

The historic Bank of Montreal building pictured in corner will once again be a BMO branch. They are relocating from city hall and spending $3,000,000 on Reno

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 9:39 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnguys View Post
The historic Bank of Montreal building pictured in corner will once again be a BMO branch. They are relocating from city hall and spending $3,000,000 on Reno
Yes it is and i'm very excited for it! I meant to mention that when I added the picture.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 9:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice picture Greg!

That's the great thing about still photography, with appropriate framing, perspective (and maybe a telephoto lens), you can certainly do a lot to create a real urban atmosphere for a community.

You can evem do this in Moncton!

I am not suggesting in any way that this is a trick photo BTW. I am well aware that downtown SJ beats downtown Moncton in terms of urbanity. I'm just complimenting you on your eye.

You should post this on the Canada page.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 1:16 AM

Extremely well done! Too bad they never finished the second stage of the NB tel tower. 33 Stories in the background would have been awesome!

Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 8:19 PM

Small Photo Tour

Queen Street towards Harbour

New Water Street entrance for Alley Gria Spanish Restaurant

Bottom Level Condos on Prince William Street

Under Construction American Metal on Port Lands

Market Square Complex

Mercantile Centre and part of Law Courts

New Law Courts

Marco Polo Cruise Terminal and Harbourfront Condos

Skyline Profile

Left to right: Red Rose Building / Law Courts / Mercantile Centre / JD Irving Building / Brunswick Square Tower / Market Square Tower / York Point Condos / City Hall / Brunswick House / Robertson's Wharf / Admiral Beatty Building / Hilton Hotel

York Point Park

Law Courts / Police HQ Construction

Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 4:53 AM

Had some discussions with some employees of Centennial Buick GMC over the weekend and they mentioned that the O'Leary Auto Group has purchased the dealership. They were advised in a meeting late last week.

So they would now own Saint John Nissan, Canada's Car Mart and the Buick/GMC dealership in Saint John, along with their Fredericton stores.

http://www.usedcardeals.ca/index.htm (Site doe not reflect the recent developments)

Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I am not suggesting in any way that this is a trick photo BTW. I am well aware that downtown SJ beats downtown Moncton in terms of urbanity. I'm just complimenting you on your eye.
This might sound crazy, but I actually prefer driving in uptown Saint John than in downtown Moncton. The pedestrians in Moncton are even crazier than they are here! D:

Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 3:46 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
This might sound crazy, but I actually prefer driving in uptown Saint John than in downtown Moncton. The pedestrians in Moncton are even crazier than they are here! D:
You surely haven't driven in Uptown Saint John when SJHS and STM students are out for lunch. As a former student, i'll attest that we're/they're crazier than even the craziest Moncton pedestrians.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 3:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
It is naturally assumed in Moncton that pedestrians on Main Street always have the right of way at crosswalks (if not a signalized intersection). This is why so many Monctonians die in car pedestrian accidents when visiting Montreal.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Feb 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHickman View Post
You surely haven't driven in Uptown Saint John when SJHS and STM students are out for lunch. As a former student, i'll attest that we're/they're crazier than even the craziest Moncton pedestrians.
Agreed! Crossing a busy street in SJ is NOT for the faint of heart! On the other hand, if your into Russian Roulette your in luck!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 12:11 AM

:: Retail news ::

- Suzy Shier, located in the McAllister Place will be closing down (No idea if their Brunswick Square location is going to stay in business)
- Mappins has closed down (McAllister Place)
- Quiznos Sub is no more (the last location in the city)
- The former Sport Check location has been split up into two spaces (Smart Center)
- They are preparing to dig between the St-Hubert and BMO.

On a side note, let's hope Target is going to give to McAllister Place a much needed second wind.

Last edited by ErickMontreal; Feb 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnguys View Post
Queen Street towards Harbour

New Water Street entrance for Alley Gria Spanish Restaurant

Bottom Level Condos on Prince William Street

Under Construction American Metal on Port Lands

Market Square Complex

Mercantile Centre and part of Law Courts

New Law Courts

Marco Polo Cruise Terminal and Harbourfront Condos

Skyline Profile

Left to right: Red Rose Building / Law Courts / Mercantile Centre / JD Irving Building / Brunswick Square Tower / Market Square Tower / York Point Condos / City Hall / Brunswick House / Robertson's Wharf / Admiral Beatty Building / Hilton Hotel

York Point Park

Law Courts / Police HQ Construction

Great pictures, well done!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 5:43 AM
ARTchitecture

Ditto!

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces