HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 5:10 PM

Public Notices (Warehouse District)

Got a couple today from HDLC

Agenda Item:
1020 Annunciation, Full Control: Palmisano Contractors, applicant; BCH Metal Works, LLC, owner; Demolition of existing single story metal warehouse.

1036 Annunciation, Full Control: Palmisano Contractors, applicant; Ben R Butler, owner; Demolition of existing single story garage, Accessory Structure

1020 Annunciation, Full Control: Vanessa Smith-Torres, applicant; BCH Metal Works, LLC, owner; Detail review of conceptually approved new construction of a 9 story, hotel building.

Date:

Wednesday September 6th 2017 10am, 21st floor conference room 1340 Poydras.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 7:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia View Post
Got a couple today from HDLC

Agenda Item:
1020 Annunciation, Full Control: Palmisano Contractors, applicant; BCH Metal Works, LLC, owner; Demolition of existing single story metal warehouse.

1036 Annunciation, Full Control: Palmisano Contractors, applicant; Ben R Butler, owner; Demolition of existing single story garage, Accessory Structure

1020 Annunciation, Full Control: Vanessa Smith-Torres, applicant; BCH Metal Works, LLC, owner; Detail review of conceptually approved new construction of a 9 story, hotel building.

Date:

Wednesday September 6th 2017 10am, 21st floor conference room 1340 Poydras.
the look for this hotel is very nice! see if you can find out the flag they will be using?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 7:36 PM
-

New pic of The Annunciation:

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 7:57 PM
-

Also the website for The Jung is now live:

https://www.junghotel.com/

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 8:03 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
New pic of The Annunciation:

One can hope they'll actually start construction on it this fall is what I was told by realtor for it.

And did that hotel on Annunciation pick a facade? I remember you showing us multiple ones, I'm curious which one they're going with.

Last edited by jjslonaker; Sep 1, 2017 at 2:41 PM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 2:49 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
One can hope they'll actually start construction on it this fall is what I was told by realtor for it.

And did that hotel on Annunciation pick a facade? I remember you showing us multiple ones, I'm curious which one they're going with.
I think so

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 6:20 PM

Convention Center

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...1cafe68ba.html

In this article Cantrell brings up that part of her platform would be to take the special taxing district for the Convention Center and use the funds for other projects she prioritizes... Pisses me off a little bit hearing this. Any thoughts besides hoping this doesn't happen?

I know it's a tad political, but definitely caught my eye and wanted to bring it up here.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post

In this article Cantrell brings up that part of her platform would be to take the special taxing district for the Convention Center and use the funds for other projects she prioritizes... Pisses me off a little bit hearing this. Any thoughts besides hoping this doesn't happen?

I know it's a tad political, but definitely caught my eye and wanted to bring it up here.
I think it opens up the door to favoritism with development.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 7:47 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
I think it opens up the door to favoritism with development.
I dont think the mayor has the power to do that since the tax district was a state approved thing? am i wrong here?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 7:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post

It looks like she is proposing redirecting a portion of the funds but being this has to approved by the state it aint happening. I do like the idea of folding the Sewerage and Water Board into city hall. August 5th proved the organization is a disaster. And im definitely in favor of taxing non profits more. they dont contribute anything to the city yet use our infrastructure. thats just not fair to everyone else

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
It looks like she is proposing redirecting a portion of the funds but being this has to approved by the state it aint happening. I do like the idea of folding the Sewerage and Water Board into city hall. August 5th proved the organization is a disaster. And im definitely in favor of taxing non profits more. they dont contribute anything to the city yet use our infrastructure. thats just not fair to everyone else

I would not be surprised to see this happen. I've said for a long time that if the CC isn't putting its money to good use that the city is going to come for some of its tax revenue. The convention center has well over $200 million in cash and is raking in way more than it needs, even to build the Trade District, should it ever happen. A lot of that money comes from taxes that everyone in the city pays (food and beverage sales tax) and it is a drain on the economy to have all of these taxes that aren't funding city services and infrastructure. As a New Orleans resident, I'd rather have that money being spent on public safety, transit and infrastructure, rather than a stockpile that may benefit a private developer to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

If they do the expansion right, it should generate plenty of revenue for the CC and they have the power to levy additional taxes on their property.

That being said, I think we need a lot more accountability from the SWB and City Hall before I want them getting more money.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 2:02 AM
-

1227 Poydras St, 1229 Poydras St, 1429 Poydras St, 1300 Perdido St, 42·Text Amendment · Project #17-2056 ·Ref Code: M50UB2
Download (5) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Text Amendment
Applicant:
Sherman Strategies, LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
8/31/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Amend Section 17.3.A “Table 17-1 of the CZO to make Timeshare a Permitted Use in the CBD-1, CBD-2, CBD-3 and CBD-4 Zoning districts and to make any and all other changes as deemed necessary and appropriate by CPC staff

301 St Charles Ave, Suite 305·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: E0DE0H
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Henry Hanisee
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/31/2017
Closed:
No
Description
The Tenant Build-out at the 1st Floor of an existing historic 4-story building located at 301 St. Charles. The approximately 990 SF space is at the Ground Floor will be a new Juice Bar (Health Food) with under 50 Occupants.

444 Common St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: PZ76NB
Type:
Applicant:
Gabriel Virdure
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/1/2017
Closed:
No
Description
These permit submission is associated with the previous Building Permit #16-393-RNVS Pelham Hotel Annex. It includes the proposed addition of eight new openings on the Existing Pelham Hotel Facade. The submitted documents includes drawings of the proposed openings and explanation.

6100 Canal Blvd·Zoning Change · Project #17-2062 ·Ref Code: P4FKS1
Download (5) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Zoning Change
Applicant:
Harbor Community Church
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/1/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Applicant seeks zoning change from S-LRS1 to S-LB1 to allow for an office

600 Port Of New Orleans Pl, Suite 158·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: HSQGRQ
Type:
Applicant:
Angela Morton
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/1/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Renovations for Calvin Klein Store Riverwalk: DEMOLITION OF EXISTING INTERIOR STOREFRONT, CEILINGS, PARTITIONS; NEW FIRE-RATED DEMISING WALL, STOCKROOM, AND ACCESSIBLE EMPLOYEE RESTROOM. WORK INCLUDES MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING, AND HVAC SYSTEMS. FUTURE TENANT WORK INCLUDES NEW INTERIOR STOREFRONT WITH EGRESS DOORS.

MEDIA ADVISORY: Mayor Landrieu, City Officials to Celebrate Opening of the Renovated NOPD Third District Police Station and Training Academy

SEPTEMBER 05, 2017
Also launching 181st recruit class

NEW ORLEANS – Today, Mayor Mitch Landrieu will join City officials to celebrate the opening of the renovated $2.4 million NOPD Third District Station (4650 Paris Ave.) and $3 million Training Academy (4650 Paris Ave.). NOPD will also launch its 181st recruit class. The 11,585 square foot Police Station and 24,000 square foot Training Academy are state-of-the-art, hurricane resilient facilities. Post renovation, the NOPD Third District building and the Training Academy traded locations to better utilize building space.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 1:58 PM
-

400-444 N Villere St, 1504-1530 St Louis St·Variance · Project #17-2069 ·Ref Code: CWJL0Z
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Variance
Applicant:
Authority Of New Orleans Housing
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Request for variance of Article 22, Section 22.4 to permit development of a multi-family residence with insufficient off-street parking.

401-420 Marais St, 1402-1502 St Louis St, 1423-1468 Conti St, 401-405 ·Variance · Project #17-2068 ·Ref Code: RPPRJT
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Variance
Applicant:
Authority Of New Orleans Housing
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Request for variance of Article 23, Section 23.3.A.2 to permit renovation of existing office building with insufficient capture of first flush.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 3:59 PM
-

818 Howard Ave·Board of Building Standards and Appeals · Project #BBSA No. 17-62 ·Ref Code: JMSVWH
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Board of Building Standards and Appeals
Applicant:
818 Howard LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
The applicant is appealing the current version of the Building Code adopted by the City.The proposed project consists of the renovation of a historic multi-story structure located at 818 Howard Ave. the building is currently a U-shape structure with five stories on the south side of the building

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:
818 Howard Ave·Board of Building Standards and Appeals · Project #BBSA No. 17-62 ·Ref Code: JMSVWH
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Board of Building Standards and Appeals
Applicant:
818 Howard LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
The applicant is appealing the current version of the Building Code adopted by the City.The proposed project consists of the renovation of a historic multi-story structure located at 818 Howard Ave. the building is currently a U-shape structure with five stories on the south side of the building

Is that building zoned residential or commercial? Interestingly the description doesn't mention what kind of renovation they're planning.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 5:43 PM
NOLA Razorback

It amazes me that that Robideaux's Market is still just sitting there empty with that huge parking lot. I hope it either turns into a Rouses or something which would be perfect right there or housing.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 5:47 PM
NOLA Razorback

Amazon seeking 2nd US HQ

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/amaz...h-america.html

Also this is very interesting, amazon is seeking to build a second US headquarter.. I wonder if NOLA could do anything to lure them

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 5:49 PM
-

Quote:
It amazes me that that Robideaux's Market is still just sitting there empty with that huge parking lot. I hope it either turns into a Rouses or something which would be perfect right there or housing.
Its sitting there but there are pretty large plans for that and the seafood manufacturing plant etc... i think the plan all along was too wait until iberville is finished to start this project. Iberville is now onto last phase.. but I do agree that even if temporary a grocery could have killed it right there for the time being

btw it was called robideauxs market
? i only remembered when it was a winn dixie years ago lol

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 5:50 PM
-

Quote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/amaz...h-america.html

Also this is very interesting, amazon is seeking to build a second US headquarter.. I wonder if NOLA could do anything to lure them
Given their recent purchase of Whole Foods Im sure it well end up in Austin

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 5:53 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
Is that building zoned residential or commercial? Interestingly the description doesn't mention what kind of renovation they're planning.
this areas cbd designation recently changed to a designation that allows for a lot more uses. so possible this owner was the catalyst for that change

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations