Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 3:38 AM

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
I think they're crane sections?
Probably. They don't look like the pieces of spire that were going up. That, and what TK2001 posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
That angle from the elevated tracks in post #7248 is great. That presence, space, and dominance in the skyline. It just screams new tallest.
Riding into the city getting a look at it from that angle was a beautiful sight, especially since it's our first thousand footer, something I've been waiting for for a long time. Making that bend between Millbourne and 63rd Street and seeing our supertall, our thousand footer completed made me very, very happy. I don't think I've felt this good about something happening in Philly since the Phillies won the World Series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
So it was topped out after all. I had wondering about that. Either way, to a new tallest!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 3:54 AM

Wait its topped out now? Or were they just taking it up to the roof? I'm confused because then what is the point of the crane pieces?

Edit: I stand corrected. Its topped out. Via diagram they added another truss so it makes sense.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 4:46 AM

it's not topped out...at least not in the latest pics posted on here. two more pieces and i think about 20 more feet to go.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 5:10 AM

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Rai View Post
it's not topped out...at least not in the latest pics posted on here. two more pieces and i think about 20 more feet to go.
If you look at the construction blueprint diagrams and count the levels it matches the spire height.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 10:27 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Curious, anyone know how tall the building is to the main roof deck?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
By lookingat this page i counted 285 meters! https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 11:07 AM

That is absolutely the final section with the tree on it. If that has been placed it is topped out. I guess we are waiting for the first pic showing it in place.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
It's 911.5' to the top of the main roof.
It's 996.5' to the top of the cooling tower section.
And 1121.5' to the top of the architectural lantern.

More kudos here to MrSaturn for the photo from the El!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 3:52 PM

Hope each of you had a good Thanksgiving!

I'll second the motion to give my input; I don't think the lantern or cupola is finished! I think it'll go up another 2 to 3 floors. I think they can bring the Christmas Tree up and put it on the roof because the roof is done; but I since they have the Tower Crane going up a bit more they'll need to do it in order to raise the lantern up a bit more; if the lantern goes up 2 segments then jump the crane 2 segments I guess.

Slightly separate topic; does anyone know the lighting scheme of the tower at night? I bet when the lantern is complete and lit at night you can see for over 40 miles out!

Its possible to Comcast and Liberty 1 at night from just south of Glassboro and they are a good deal shorter; and I'm talking 30 miles out so I wonder how this will impact the skyline at night.

I really think we're in for a really big treat!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 3:59 PM

Just noticed something of note; never noticed this before!

I looked at the building comparisons between Comcast Tech and the Empire State Building and the top of the lantern is well above the main observation beck of the Empire State Building.

On the Empire State Building the main observation deck is on the 86th floor; the top of the lantern on Comcast Tech is a good 7 floors taller then that. When one looks at the fact that Comcast only has 60 floors is easy to no think of it in this way but this building is really, really tall! If the had a traditional floor count then wow!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 4:10 PM

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 4:13 PM

Okay rebooking with untired eyes the spire has another piece to go. And in the video you see it is not topped out yet. And you can also see cooling tower cladding continues! Thanks Marcos!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 4:15 PM

I just hope the lantern looks like a continuous piece from the ground up (even if the lighting "fades" up to the top), and not only lit at the top as if the top third is a separate piece from the bottom. I have a sinking feeling that's what we're going to get, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Ideally, there would be lights spaced out every 4 sections or so from the bottom up, decreasing to every other section around the middle, and then finally every section at the top. Also it'd be cool if lights "shot" up and down it some times.

While I'm just giving my wish list, godsdammit put some kind of lighting on the other buildings on Market, even if just around the top of Murano and spotlights on the micky mouse buildings. CC is so godsdamned dull, especially with how they ruined L1 and L2, and the weak (and bafflingly different colored) lights they used for CC1.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 5:21 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb4mebqBu8n/
@kinglnz
Construction elevators coming down

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 5:56 PM

It's been tough without the webcam lately, but thanks to all that have posted such great photos to keep us up to date. Glad to get down here & check things out in person today, such a beautiful day to be in town. The show inside Comcast is amazing, currently in Macy's checking out the tree. Love Park is congested but everyone is happy, some great sights.

Not sure these views add much perspective to CTC but here they are:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZ-p9zoYPM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmfayE330yw

Happy thanksgiving to all, Marc

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 6:04 PM

11/24/17

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R5Ryder View Post
I just hope the lantern looks like a continuous piece from the ground up (even if the lighting "fades" up to the top), and not only lit at the top as if the top third is a separate piece from the bottom. I have a sinking feeling that's what we're going to get, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Ideally, there would be lights spaced out every 4 sections or so from the bottom up, decreasing to every other section around the middle, and then finally every section at the top. Also it'd be cool if lights "shot" up and down it some times.

While I'm just giving my wish list, godsdammit put some kind of lighting on the other buildings on Market, even if just around the top of Murano and spotlights on the micky mouse buildings. CC is so godsdamned dull, especially with how they ruined L1 and L2, and the weak (and bafflingly different colored) lights they used for CC1.

I completely agree with you; especially on Liberty 1 & 2; it use to be so bright that it made you proud of being from Philly because they are really beautiful buildings and then the lights went out and it makes you say; what the heck just happened!

Do they need to clean the glass where the lights are or is it the quality of the lights themselves; its much dimmer then it use to be and like you said; some buildings need light period; even the ones that use to have night lighting like Aramark Tower. I wish Saint James Condo had much; much brighter lighting; it had some when it opened and even that was dim.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 6:22 PM

They use more efficient lights, LED lights I believe.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture