HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Crescent Heights North in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
Well I very much look forward to seeing it under construction by the time I get back next spring.

And thanks again for the first solid info we've had in a long time.
I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about this building as well, it has a little over 700 apartment units, and coupled with Trinity plaza not too far away, is going to increase pedestrian activity in this area, and hopefully bring about the inevitable transformation of the area - hopefully a good change.

Apparently the apts are sized and will have finishes that make them more affordable, and not luxury apartments. Again a good thing in my opinion.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 7:05 PM

Munkyman - thanks for the valuable information. I live in the Fox Plaza (36 years) and we all wondered how the wind would affect the neighborhood. I have seen many windows blown out though the years at street level and seen people nearly knocked down on the street by wind and the odor of the "homeless".

It is my understanding that Bank of America was to build a twin tower on the site but got pissed off with the city for passing an employee tax, so they moved their planned operations to the east bay. At one time the bank tested helicopter landings on the roof of the current tower (there was a heliport built on top) but the neighbors complained about the noise.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 2:50 AM

Has there been any movement at this site? Is it still a vacant lot, or have they at least turned this into a parking lot?

Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 9:25 AM

Wow, this building is pretty nice. I lived about a block from this site, I am glad to see the area being transformed (as there is a desperate need).

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 6:14 PM

Not sure if it means anything, but driving by 10th and Market last night, they had this wall lit up and were painting it white:

Quote:
Originally Posted by botoxic View Post

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 8:39 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeTrekker View Post
Not sure if it means anything, but driving by 10th and Market last night, they had this wall lit up and were painting it white:
They previously worked on the wall to extend the existing surface over where the demolished building adjoined the tower and seemed to not quite have completed it when someone covered it in graffiti. I wouldn't get too excited about reading anything more into it.

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 4:45 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Trinity is going full-tilt, but still nothing on this site? It sounded in October like there was nothing to stop it. Could they be having trouble getting financing for construction?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 10:51 PM
BANNED

Nothing????

Oh Ye of little faith. Behold:

A building permit issued April 25, 2008 for a 35-story apartment building at this site costing approx. $170 million.

Granted, it says they have 36 months to get it up (so to speak), but it ain't nothing.

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 1:32 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Yeah! What can I say? I've been trained by someone on here to assume nothing is happening until crews are assembling steel and pouring concrete. And in my defense, I was just asking the question. Hopefully, we'll soon see some other "signs" of life on this jobsite.

Thanks for all the updates, BT.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 3:27 AM
Green Berniecrat

What remains at 10th and Market, picture taken by me:

Old Posted Jun 27, 2008, 11:31 PM
BANNED

In its annual "Structures" supplement, which accompanies this week's issue and is always an interesting read, SF BizTimes says "slated to break ground in the fall, though the Miami-based developer recently decided to build apartments rather than condos on the site."

Did we already know that? I can't keep up.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 11:15 PM
BANNED

Well, it now has a name: Crescent Heights. And an address: 1401 Market St.

And here's a reminder, should you need one, of the rendering:

All courtesy of http://www.socketsite.com/ which says construction is to begin "in the fall".

Old Posted Jul 29, 2008, 1:15 AM
Green Berniecrat

Aye. Its good to finally hear some news about this one. Now if a moderator could be so kind as to change the name of the thread, I'd appreciate it.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2008, 1:38 AM

Crescent Heights... Yeah, that name fits, especially with the crescent topped tower.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
Crescent Heights... Yeah, that name fits, especially with the crescent topped tower.
... crescent heights is the name of the developer who bought the land a few years back - doesn't have anything to do with the design of the project.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 6:25 PM

^^^Maybe so, but... Anyway, thanks.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 11:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthd View Post
... crescent heights is the name of the developer who bought the land a few years back - doesn't have anything to do with the design of the project.
Perhaps you are right--I got confused by this bit on Socketsite which made it seem to me that's what the project was now being called: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...etails_an.html

Old Posted Aug 15, 2008, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
Perhaps you are right--I got confused by this bit on Socketsite which made it seem to me that's what the project was now being called: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...etails_an.html
i suppose they could call it that - but normally their projects are not named after the company. e.g., their project on first street is called the metropolitan.

in any case, i was just commenting that the name had nothing to do with the design of the building....

Old Posted Nov 15, 2008, 8:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:
At 1401 Market St., Crescent Heights is planning apartments rather than condos in a two-tower project approved 18 months ago for 720 units. Crescent Heights attorney Tim Tosta, a partner with Luce Forward, said the units are being redesigned to better fit the rental market.
Source: http://sanfrancisco.bizjournals.com/...7/story15.html

By the way, if any mods are reading out there, maybe it's time to change the title of this thread to 1401 Market St. to conform with most other threads now that we know the address.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 4:59 AM
Surrounded by Nature

If this becomes a trend, it could further delay construction of rental housing here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

Last edited by viewguysf; Jan 26, 2009 at 5:05 AM. Reason: URL not working properly

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive