HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 1:43 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Very nice! I was way up in Northwest Austin yesterday hugging the Williamson County border and noticed Domain 8 from up there. I had to pause for a few seconds to think of which building it was and then it dawned on me. That building is only 167 feet tall, so with the Domain Tower plus Domain 10, 11 and 12 they'll definitely create a mini skyline up there.
I still think these are going to spur other development projects on in that general area, be it in the Gateway area, Arboretum, or just more along Burnet/Braker there. The growth of the Domain is going to flow into neighboring areas, for sure. It's only a question of whether or not any of it will go more vertical or stay on the lower side of things.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 6:35 PM

IMO... with some real estate accumulation the Domain could expand to the east. Most of the single story commercial use buildings heading east on braker are turning low rent and there is a lot of surface area over that way assuming someone could accumulate parcels.

The domain is stunning in some ways. If you are young you probably want to live and work there rather than downtown now. But I have to imagine the domain is running out of real estate. Maybe we will see a few more towers as space dwindles?

Last edited by ATXboom; Jun 27, 2017 at 12:55 PM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXboom View Post
IMO... with some real estate accumulation the Domain could expand to the east. Most of the single story commercial use buildings heading west on braker are turning low rent and there is a lot of surface area over that way assuming someone could accumulate parcels.

The domain is stunning in some ways. If you are young you probably want to live and work there rather than downtown now. But I have to imagine the domain is running out of real estate. Maybe we will see a few more towers as space dwindles?
I have investor clients purchasing duplexes up in that area cheaply, on spec that they will increase in value due to prox to the big d.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin