HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Nashville, today, was given the privilege of hosting the NFL 2019 Draft next April.

No specific venue was named to serve as a stage for the actual draft event. However, it would seem unlikely that the 17,000+ seat Bridgestone Arena would not be available as the draft is held during the NHL hockey playoffs in which the Nashville Predators are expected to participate in.

So it appears the event will be held in an outdoor facility such as the 6,000+ seat Ascend Amphitheater, the Nissan Stadium where the Titans play or possibly in the street on lower Broadway which is occassionally shut down for large events such as they NHL All Star game. It will definitely be something different.

Nashville knows how to party....

I suspect it'll be either at Nissan or in a combination of Bridgestone and the MCC. They can schedule the Predators to be on a road swing during that period if their schedule isn't already set. The primary concern will be rain if it's outdoors.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:12 PM
Nashville born and raised

The nearly complete JW Marriott, as expected, has turned out to be one of the City's outstanding high rises for it's location and architecture.

It stretches the skyline west to connect with the Gulch and Midtown (far left).

Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 2:12 PM

Nashville has presented it's final master plan for the Fairgrounds property on which the new MLS (Soccer) Stadium is proposed to be built. The process involved meetings with neighborhood groups and invited input.

The recommendation....

My depiction of the proposal....

It would be a huge improvement over the current facilities...

Some bullet points:
  • There is a small group of opponents who do not want changes to be made to the site. The general consensus is that the two council members (out of 40) who are proposing a new site will not impact the progress of the development at the Fairgrounds.
  • A council vote will be required (27 of 40 votes needed) to begin at some point in the near future to start demolition of the current facilities. With passage of the original proposal by an even larger margin, it would be surprising to see any rejection of the development succeed. There would possibly be large liabilities regarding some or all reimbursement for franchise fees supposedly.
  • No final renderings are available, yet.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2018, 5:17 AM

A new rendering of the 5th + Broad project which is just absolutely cool!!!

The tall building on the left is a 34 story apartment building and the tall on the right is a 26 story office building which will be the home of Alliance Bernstein.

At the bottom center is a major high end retail and multiple food service development with the famous and historic Ryman Auditorium at the lower right.
It is well under construction with three cranes up and copious amounts of concrete being poured.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Alliance Bernstein is in negotiations with the 5th + Broadway group for space in the building. A lease has not been signed yet.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jun 3, 2018 at 2:15 AM.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 2:02 PM

Cool

Second Avenue Partners are seeking approvals from the City for design modifications and expect to start construction on the '151 1st Avenue' project in SoBro in early 2019.

The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat has updated information on the proposed 40 story condo and 16 story hotel at 151 1st Avenue South in Nashville's SoBro district. A recent report in the Nashville Post seemed to confirm the information on the website.
The pertinent facts as presented...

Other notes;
  • The hotel brand has not been named yet
  • There will be a connection to the Siegenthaler Pedestrian Bridge.
  • A small, 10+/- space parking lot between the development and the bridge was not acquired.
  • The tower will be the second tallest in Nashville when complete.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jun 5, 2018 at 3:04 PM.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2018, 2:59 AM

Another major development which does not get the attention it deserves as it primarily is a smaller part the larger 5th + Broadway is the National Museum of African American Music (NMAAM). It will be located directly across from the historic Ryman Auditorium when it opens in 2019.

From it's website....

Quote:
The National Museum of African American Music is set to open its doors in 2019. It will be the only museum dedicated to preserving the legacy and celebrating the accomplishments of the many music genres created, influenced, or inspired by African Americans. Being built in Nashville, the Museum will share the story of the American Soundtrack, integrating history and interactive technology to bring the musical heroes of the past into the present.
The Museum is the place that educates, preserves, and celebrates the rich influence Black people have had on America’s music. The story that will unfold within it walls is the soundtrack of the American story. It is a unique narrative – one that has never been told before – which shares how a distinct group of people used their artistry to connect more than 50 genres, ranging from folk to hip-hop to blues to country.

They love to promote Jimi Hendrix because of his Nashville connections.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jun 10, 2018 at 5:15 PM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 9:56 PM

Here's everything..

I probably forgot something.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 5:10 AM

I never get my hopes up for any hotel design but that JW Marriott exceeds my hopes!

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 7:31 PM
Meh

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...p-secures.html
Quote:
Austin's Endeavor Real Estate Group secures financing for 20-story tower in Nashville

By Adam Sichko – Senior Reporter, Nashville Business Journal
2 hours ago

An Austin-based real estate developer and a Texas-based bank have committed to finance construction of a 20-story tower at a prominent location in Nashville — on the site of a former strip club known as Déjà Vu Showgirls.

Endeavor Real Estate Group has partnered with co-investor Granite Properties to redevelop the city block of Demonbreun Street between 12th and 13th Avenues South, a site perched above the downtown interstate loop. International Bank of Commerce (Nasdaq: IBOC) is providing the loan to build a 329,000-square-foot glass office building, the first of three planned high-rises.

Construction is scheduled to start in August and end in May 2020. Turner Construction will oversee the work, and the finished office space will be leased by real estate brokerage firm Cushman & Wakefield.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
A new rendering...gives a little more info on the apartments behind (east of) the office building.

Some other notes from developer...
  • $110 million office building
  • 250 room hotel and 250 to 300 unit apartments
  • Going full spec; no major tenants yet, build it and they will come approach (more Wall Street relocations ??? they are guessing)
  • just off interstate location means no fighting downtown traffic and constant street closures (bachelorette party bicycle taverns, etc.)

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 5:32 PM
Meh

Quote:
A new rendering...gives a little more info on the apartments behind (east of) the office building.
https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...-tower-on.html

The Nashville Business Journal article has some renderings of a couple of other projects. I wasn't sure if you guys saw that.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 3:45 PM

The apartment building part of the above mentioned Gulf Union project.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 8:14 PM

More details regarding the Fairgrounds stadium being designed for MLS soccer primary usage.

From the TENNESSEAN
Quote:
The Metro Sports Authority Board of Directors gave preliminary approval Thursday to contract Populous Inc., the country's dominant sports architecture firm, as the lead architectural, engineering and design firm for Nashville's planned Major League Soccer stadium at The Fairgrounds Nashville.

Based on current language of a draft agreement, the contract fee would be valued around $12 million, which would come from $225 million in revenue bonds that the Metro Council in November authorized for the stadium project in November.
[not a new rendering]

And from this link....

Quote:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
The new soccer stadium proposed for The Fairgrounds Nashville is being designed to host more than just soccer. Nashville’s music scene could be in for some competition at the site of what’s now the flea market at the fairgrounds.

The proposed Major League Soccer stadium will be designed for “large-scale” concerts as well as other musical and theatrical performances. Those details are listed in a draft copy of the contract between the Metro Sports Authority and Populous, Inc., the firm that will design the stadium.

The stadium is being designed to seat as many as 32,000 people, about 12,000 more than Bridgestone Arena in downtown Nashville. The architect’s contract said the stadium will be designed to host other sporting events as well as concerts and other music events, family shows, extreme sports, stage shows and the touring performers. The contract said the stadium will be designed to host MLS soccer as well as FIFA soccer, NCAA
Of note is the 32,000 capacity figure. That may be for concerts, only. The original proposal was for a 27,500 seat capacity for soccer which would be the largest soccer specific (as primary use) stadium in the USA.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 7:27 PM

Cleaning out the metaphorical desk and came across some recent announcements not reported here. All in Midtown....

So that's a 20, a 15 and another 15 and a 12. Slow week!!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Cleaning out the metaphorical desk and came across some recent announcements not reported here. All in Midtown....

So that's a 20, a 15 and another 15 and a 12. Slow week!!

And a 36-40 story residential tower and a 22+ office tower in Midtown called Broadwest which will start in fourth quarter '18 on the site of the former West End Summit site, already excavated. More behind paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...t.html?ana=twt

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
And a 36-40 story residential tower and a 22+ office tower in Midtown called Broadwest which will start in fourth quarter '18 on the site of the former West End Summit site, already excavated. More behind paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...t.html?ana=twt

NICE!!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 3:12 AM

BROADWEST, a two tower development at he Broadway/West End split, was revealed today by Propst Development out of Huntsville, Alabama.

It is currently slated to have a 36 to 40 story hotel/condo tower and a minimum, 500,000 sf office tower (shown in the rendering as 22 stories). No start date has been announced.

It will sit on the property formerly known as The West End Summit site which has sat unimproved since a massive pit for below-grade parking was excavated nearly a decade ago. It will occupy a very prominent location at a high point along the West End Avenue corridor.

Great project, terrible name.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 3:22 PM

I too do not like the name Broadwest, but it's more important to see that there is finally a real effort to develop the old WES. At least this project seems to move forward and appears to have a legitimate chance of being built. Which says a lot about Palmer not being able to get a financing package together for the former WES project.

While I truly want to see two towers in that location that are 30 stories plus, I would be okay with two 20 story towers given that there's relatively nothing of substantial height nearby that would cause two 20 story towers to get loss or look mundane. However, I'd much prefer that one tower be between 25-30 stories and the other be between 35-45 stories. That would have an awesome impact on that area and could cause developers to treat it like the next SoBro or Gulch.

Still hoping that Beaman will sell all the car lots along Broadway to clear the way for better land use for the property.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 1:07 PM

BTW, was in NYC recently and as usual I always have to bring myself down after leaving because I see so much being done there architecturally that I wish could be done in Nashville. One building that stands out in the Tribeca area close to the west side is 56 Leonard Tower. It's designed to look like rectangular modules stacked on top of each other but not lined up symmetrically. I would love to see a tower of that style built in Nashville. The Broadwest location would actually be a good site because of it's open location in midtown. One thing that I've noticed about the Leonard tower is that it kinda stands on its own depending on the angle in which you're viewing it. Which is part of the reason it appears so unique against the backdrop of other buildings that two or more blocks away.

https://www.google.com/search?q=56+l...ih=719#imgrc=_

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
BTW, was in NYC recently and as usual I always have to bring myself down after leaving because I see so much being done there architecturally that I wish could be done in Nashville. One building that stands out in the Tribeca area close to the west side is 56 Leonard Tower. It's designed to look like rectangular modules stacked on top of each other but not lined up symmetrically. I would love to see a tower of that style built in Nashville. The Broadwest location would actually be a good site because of it's open location in midtown. One thing that I've noticed about the Leonard tower is that it kinda stands on its own depending on the angle in which you're viewing it. Which is part of the reason it appears so unique against the backdrop of other buildings that two or more blocks away.

https://www.google.com/search?q=56+l...ih=719#imgrc=_

That thing looks a mess. No need for any man to bring himself down for that. I'm glad they had enough sense not to replicate that thing in Nashville or any other city for that matter. It's been completed for two years now. Looking at it, I can see why I haven't seen any men crying about it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations