HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 2:01 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Nope, still don't see any resemblance. They're both urban buildings that fill a double lot, one is 5 stories, the other is 6. That's where the similarities end.

One has industrial metal windows, the other one has casements. One has balconies with wrought iron railings, the other one has a flat facade. ONe has a clay tile detail on top, the other one just ends abruptly. Etc etc.
i agree with you .. i think they are just picking up on the similarities because of the way its presented since its the same architects they have similar presentations to the arc committee.. eskeew dumez, trapolin peer, studio wta et al they all have a format they use for their presentations that follows a similar pattern

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 5:44 PM
-

MSY North Terminal Photos

had to drive to Atlantic Aviation Terminal today and took some photos:

Also new access road:

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:05 AM

Last week I was at McDonald’s on Veterans (just down from Williams) & ran into 3 Gibbs construction workers. I asked them a few questions while we were all eating. They said the next expansion for any additional gates at the North Terminal WILL BE a mirrored version of Concourse A on the east side. They told me there’s plenty of room (I asked the question), and that’s why there’s a slight neck sticking out on the east side of the terminal. If someone could draw us a diagram on what the entire North Terminal will look like with these additional gates on the east side (with the east parking garage), that would be great!

Last edited by RickyJ; Aug 1, 2018 at 4:38 AM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:55 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
Last week I was at McDonald’s on Veterans (just down from Williams) & ran into 3 Gibbs construction workers. I asked them a few questions while we were all eating. They said the next expansion for any additional gates at the North Terminal WILL BE a mirrored version of Concourse A on the east side. They told me there’s plenty of room (I asked the question), and that’s why there’s a slight neck sticking out on the east side of the terminal. If someone could draw us a diagram on what the entire North Terminal will look like with these additional gates on the east side (with the east parking garage), that would be great!
it still would only add at most 5 gates to the terminal and they may need to build it much sooner than they expect.. will be interesting to see how packed new terminal is going forward thats for sure

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 5:11 AM
-

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:19 PM

Interesting that they’re putting a Fleurty Girl and a Dirty Coast in the new terminal. Starbucks being next to Cafe du Monde also caught my attention.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

Great seeing where everything will be located! Does anyone else think there is no way all of these food outlets will be profitable? I hope I am wrong, but I could see a bunch of them closing within a year or so.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
it still would only add at most 5 gates to the terminal and they may need to build it much sooner than they expect.. will be interesting to see how packed new terminal is going forward thats for sure
This is what I thought the original plan would be and would make the most sense to me. A concourse D going east could be shorter than the one going west given that the jetbridges go on the left side of the plane and it likely only be built to accommodate narrowbody aircraft. Once you get to about 40 gates, you start pushing the design limits of the main terminal building in terms of security, check-in, pick-up and drop-off, etc.

I am also surprised that they haven't started on adding even more gates. Back of the envelop calculation - WN 7, DL 5, AA 5, UA+AC 5, NK 3, B6 1, AS 1, F9 1, 3M 1, international 2, that's already 31 and some airlines already use extra gates at peak times. Allow for that and a bit of expansion from the present usage and you are pretty much full. It would be better to get some of the work done before the place opens than trying to build around an active terminal, but oh well.

As for the restaurants, it's a pretty good variety, some of the chains I don't care for, but I think they'll all do well. We should be over 13 million passengers this year and I expect that to grow.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:56 PM

Any idea what, if any, lounges will be in the new terminal? I assume another Sky Club since there is one in the old terminal. Maybe an Admirals Club for AA flyers and elites on the British Airways flights? Or an independent lounge as seems to be the trend in many other airports like "The Club" lounges?
I know we aren't generally a layover airport so there isn't as much need as there may be in other hub airports.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialMan View Post
Any idea what, if any, lounges will be in the new terminal? I assume another Sky Club since there is one in the old terminal. Maybe an Admirals Club for AA flyers and elites on the British Airways flights? Or an independent lounge as seems to be the trend in many other airports like "The Club" lounges?
I know we aren't generally a layover airport so there isn't as much need as there may be in other hub airports.
Last I heard, there will be a fancy 2-story Sky Club and a ground level United Club, possibly also an independent lounge, but no Admirals. Which is odd given BA is here - they are currently giving restaurant vouchers to their business class customers.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialMan View Post

I remember reading that in addition to Delta Sky Club, United would have a lounge in the new terminal.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 5:21 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWave View Post
I remember reading that in addition to Delta Sky Club, United would have a lounge in the new terminal.
We know delta sky club is going to be on second floor and i believe united is doing a club theres also empty space reserved for a club in the a terminal
Second floor ... also i was surprised to see chilis on that
Map since we had t seen that before ... another thing about all these restaurants survivig you forget that one of the huge issues with current airport is the soread out nature of the food options and the weak offerings ... sure something may not make it but it will be replaced by something else... also i dont think im speakig for just myself here but these amenities make it likely i wont mind going to airport a little earlier than i currently do and enjoying these FBO options . one thing pretty well known in the airport industry is people are unlikely to eat or drink at a place too far from their gates (so spread out nature at current facility means many of these people just wont bother even if they shockingly find something decent to eat in the current place) but also no one at the current airport can walk from one terminal to another.. severely limiting these businesses and their potential pool of customers

Also a few things to taken note of:

Chilis has been added
they have a location reserved for a future spa (guessing manicure, pedicure, blowouts, and massages type thing)
and there is a reserved spot in the international terminal for a wine bar/market ... something similar to Vino Volo i guess?

Last edited by tennis1400; Aug 1, 2018 at 6:15 PM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 6:27 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Last I heard, there will be a fancy 2-story Sky Club and a ground level United Club, possibly also an independent lounge, but no Admirals. Which is odd given BA is here - they are currently giving restaurant vouchers to their business class customers.
I still think we end up with an admiral club.. dont see why not

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 6:59 PM
-

Theres so many of these giant storage facilties going up or proposed.. really wish I could understand the numbers on these things.. anyways this isnt superexciting use but aesthetically will help tulane ave out ...

2826 Tulane Ave, 2820 Tulane Ave, 619 S White St, 620 S Dupre St, 2836·Design Review · Project #DR120-18 · Ref Code: FDFS6Z
Download (16) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
Gordon H Kolb
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
7/27/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Design review for proposed mini-warehouse above 40,000 sf in LI District and an EC Design Overlay.

5300 Tchoupitoulas St Ste F-4·New Construction · Ref Code: CVFMEH
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Barry Scairono
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/30/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Interior Build-Out for a Dental Office as per plans.

djsnola
2841 S Claiborne Ave·New Construction · Ref Code: TL4YTD
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Charles Neyrey
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/31/2018
Closed:
No
Description
New 2634 Shell Building for Starbucks location. Building permit is for Shell Only.

609 Bourbon St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: 42JL4A
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Bob Ellis
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/1/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Repairs in response to VCC Case No.: 18-4991-DBNVCC for the following municipal addresses: 601, 605, 609 Bourbon Street and 811 Toulouse Street. The purpose of this permit is to remedy and include the following: 1. 166-121. Windows. Repair storefront window. 2. 166-121. Doors. Repair doors on Bourbon Street. 3. 166-121. Balconies. Repair deterioration on 811 Toulouse building. 4. 166-121. Paint. Repair paint deterioration. 5. 166-121. Gutters. Repair gutter and downspout on Bourbon street. 6. 166-35. Awnings. Installation of awning on second story of Dauphine elevation at 811 Toulouse. 7. 166-35. Lighting. Replace exterior light fixtures with shielded fixtures on 605 and 609 Bourbon street. 8. 166-35. Windows. Remove plywood installed in window. 9. 166-35. Wires. Remove unused wires and paint necessary cables to match building. 10. 166-80. Permit required for signs. Need to apply for sign permit, if one is not already applied and approved. 11. 166-77. General Prohibition of Misc. Signs. Impermissible exit sign. 12. 166-84. Signs shall not be placed on fence. Regarding the aforementioned exit sign. 13. 166-125. Merchandising of certain items. Hanging merchandise on the doors and shutters. All to be removed.

djsnola

3060 St Claude Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: 5684KY
Type:
Applicant:
Seth Welty
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/1/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Interior Improvements for a restaurant

djsnola
881 Convention Center Blvd·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: 601EGG
Type:
Applicant:
Robin Basone
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/1/2018
Closed:
No
Description
This total project is a hotel renovation, we have received the building permit for the hotel construction. This submission is to add in the exterior work on the east elevation. New metal awnings, planter boxes and sconces, repaint the existing canopy, all of these are located at the east elevation. The awnings do overhang the sidewalk. We acknowledge that this requires HDLC review and approval. All other aspects of this project were previously approved under the main permit application, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, State fire, local fire and the State health department.

3954 Magazine St, 3956 Magazine Street·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code: JJL3Z4
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
John Lambertson
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/31/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Existing 2 unit business/mercantile structure to be converted to single mercantile structure. NO changes to the existing facade proposed, minor touch-ups where required. Existing chimney to be removed. See attached plans for more details.

1340 Poydras St, Suite 100·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: MVNQFL
Type:
Applicant:
Chasm LLC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/30/2018
Closed:
No
Description
The project is an interior renovation of 4,295 gross square feet on the first floor of Orleans Tower, which is a high rise building at 1340 Poydras Street, New Orleans LA. 70112. The new renovated space will be business office space with a small lobby, offices, conference rooms, break room, newly renovated bathrooms and support spaces.

510 St Peter St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #18-25114-RNVN · Ref Code: HVA0YM
Download (6) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Andre Noujaim
Certificate of Occupancy
Date Filed:
7/30/2018
Closed:
Yes
Description
Change of use - vacant commercial retail building to a shoe retail store

4100 General De Gaulle Dr, Suite A2·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: EZGU3Y
Type:
Applicant:
Jadie Truong
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/30/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Interior build-out as per plans.

Untuckit opening new store on Magazine
UNTUCKit Logo
Store Manager
UNTUCKit – New Orleans, LA
Email Job
14 days ago
Job
Company
Reviews
“Is your passion in retail? We are looking for a Retail Store Manager to oversee the daily operations of our new store opening on Magazine Street. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure and deliver efficient store operations to maximize sales and manage expenses. The ideal candidate will have prior management experience and solid working knowledge in a retail store environment. Attitude reflects leadership. Do you have the gift of motivating those around you? The successful leader will have experience building and motivating a team to effectively serve the customer and drive sales revenue.

https://www.untuckit.com/

365 Canal St, Suite 1.03·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #18-11092-RNVN · Ref Code: GRM2TY
Download (7) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
ryan mayer
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
4/3/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Tenant build-out for Retail Store per plans.

Last edited by tennis1400; Aug 1, 2018 at 10:20 PM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 11:13 PM
TIGERS NATIONAL CHAMPS

[QUOTE=tennis1400;8267899]had to drive to Atlantic Aviation Terminal today and took some photos

Also new access road:

Nice photos, thanks!

The North Terminal's progress appears on track for the 2019 opening, its damn shame DOTD will not have the Loyola / I-10 interchange improvements in place at the same time. How long have they been aware of the opening date?

Speaking of Loyola, I suspect the duplexes lining both sides of the entrance road have a very limited time before they are history.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 12:54 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_tiger View Post
Speaking of Loyola, I suspect the duplexes lining both sides of the entrance road have a very limited time before they are history.
I think that depends on Kenner changing the zoning.

It will be tricky to redevelop though, once they build the access road there's only a sliver of land before you get to the next street at Decatur.

I would just build a tall sound wall, maybe with an artistic design, and screen it off with some tall trees.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I think that depends on Kenner changing the zoning.

It will be tricky to redevelop though, once they build the access road there's only a sliver of land before you get to the next street at Decatur.

I would just build a tall sound wall, maybe with an artistic design, and screen it off with some tall trees.
I don’t see this are being rezoned or redeveloped in the foreseeable future. If the property isn’t on Aberdeen itself I doubt it’s going anywhere even though a good number of them are vacant. The residents are largely against the sound wall, but it’s going regardless and the only other thing people are concerned about seem to be pedestrian bridges over the new roadway and making sure that the fire station is relocated south of the I-10.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 4:44 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
I don’t see this are being rezoned or redeveloped in the foreseeable future. If the property isn’t on Aberdeen itself I doubt it’s going anywhere even though a good number of them are vacant. The residents are largely against the sound wall, but it’s going regardless and the only other thing people are concerned about seem to be pedestrian bridges over the new roadway and making sure that the fire station is relocated south of the I-10.
are they bulldozing current fire station before terminal opens or is that waiting?

615 Magazine Ste 100

Last edited by tennis1400; Aug 2, 2018 at 5:20 PM.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 3:43 PM
-

Clearview Shopping Center Owner Buys Sears Building, Plans New Development

http://canalstreetbeat.com/clearview...w-development/

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 4:08 PM

Just a little tidbit... the Nick's facebook page says that the apt complex is using their lot for construction staging but won't be building there. So Nick's is still "planned" (it has been for a while) for that spot. According to the owner.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations