HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 6:04 AM

I hope they can pull off the 10th win to tie the franchise record. Plus have both the Habs and Caps win tomorrow to help us maintain this second place in the division all of a sudden!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 6:11 AM

I was happy to see Carter Rowney playing for the Penguins on HNIC tonight. He's from GP and I remember watching him play for the AJHL Storm for several years in the late 2000s. He led our team to a provincial title and was playoff MVP in '09, went to play college at UND and has been moving around the minors for years since then. Was playing in Wilkes-Barre and got called up by Pittsburgh last month. One assist so far, got a few shots today and even some time on a line with Sid the Kid. Great to see.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
Flames, 9 wins in a row. Longest winning streak since they've been located in Calgary. Looks like they may be playoff bound, next game against the Penguins will be a tough one.
The Flames seemed to be a lot tougher with Ferland on the Johnny-Mony line. Don't see Johnny get hacked anywhere near as often on this winnning streak.

And who knew Bennett could throw bombs, Jake T does now!

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/...lengthy-fight/

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 9:56 PM

Those are the kinds of fights I like!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
hahaha, Montreal was so bad last night! Glad we erased that rout we had back in Montreal with one of our own. Flames can break a franchise record with one more win! current streak is 8 games...

They just looked off, sloppy plays, bad passes and poor effort. I wonder if there are a few of the guys on the team with the flu maybe...
I left the game pissed off! I have gone to every Habs game in Calgary since moving here, and that was by far the worst they've played.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 5:48 PM
arf

It's going to be a wild finish for the Richard trophy.

Crosby 34
Pacioretty 33
Laine 32
Tarasenko 32
Malkin 32
Marchand 32
Kucherov 31
Carter 31
Matthews 31
Atkinson 30
Kane 30

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 6:20 PM
Moran supreme

So what now for the Jets and the Canucks, playoff hopes are quickly dimming but the hope for a good draft lottery pick is difficult as well with so many teams clustered around the 62-66 point mark. Quite a difficult place to be in.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 7:29 PM
arf

^Obviously this is Colorado's and then Arizona's to lose. The rest can attempt to tank to get the third seed in the draft lottery, but there's a lot of teams in that boat.

Dallas, New Jersey, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Detroit, Carolina, Buffalo, probably Florida.

Realistically in the East you have Boston, Toronto, New York Islanders Tampa Bay battling it for one wild card spot, although Boston and Toronto can both make it as the third seed in the Atlantic as well.

In the West anyone below Los Angeles is done. The Pacific division is interesting because not even seond place is decided. Edmonton needs to remind themselves that they are a three-game losing streak away from not currently holding a playoff spot.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 9:21 PM
Moran supreme

Is first place even safe in the Pacific? It should be but...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 10:05 PM
arf

^Haha. Not really, but 7 points with a game in hand for the Sharks and 9 points over Calgary with even games is probably reasonable with 14 games left. Given San Jose is one of the top-three teams in the West over the last 10 games makes me think they are the winner in the Pacific. Everyone else, not so much.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 11:11 PM

San Jose would have to choke pretty good to lose the first spot in the pacific. Hoping the Flames can continue their winning ways and beat the Pens tonight, will be tough...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Obviously this is Colorado's and then Arizona's to lose. The rest can attempt to tank to get the third seed in the draft lottery, but there's a lot of teams in that boat.

Dallas, New Jersey, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Detroit, Carolina, Buffalo, probably Florida.

Realistically in the East you have Boston, Toronto, New York Islanders Tampa Bay battling it for one wild card spot, although Boston and Toronto can both make it as the third seed in the Atlantic as well.

In the West anyone below Los Angeles is done. The Pacific division is interesting because not even seond place is decided. Edmonton needs to remind themselves that they are a three-game losing streak away from not currently holding a playoff spot.
Don't forget Las Vegas will be in the draft lottery as well.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 2:59 AM
arf

I keep forgetting about that team.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 4:32 AM
恭喜发财!

10 in a row for the Flames! Probably one of the best games of the year tonight.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 4:34 AM
Community Guy

Jesus Calgary, wtf.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 4:50 AM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Jesus Calgary, wtf.
I think Gully must have read them Mark Spector's January Sportsnet column (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/o...attle-alberta/).

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 5:45 AM

Flying high right now. Hopefully they can keep the win streak going a little longer at least and maintain high level of play.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 3:08 PM

I like how this is pretty much the Calgary Flames thread now!

Was at the game last night, one of the best I've been to. Was lucky to get lower level box seats through work, really cool to see the game from that perspective! Crosby is still the best player in the league, watching that guy with the puck is really impressive.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 8:11 PM
Community Guy

Just went to a lunch with Gary Bettmen, enjoy his brand of humour, sharp man.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Just went to a lunch with Gary Bettmen, enjoy his brand of humour, sharp man.
And a wee bit of a prick. Can't stand him. I question his intelligence given the truckloads of money the NHL has thrown at the Coyote's over the last 10 years. Time to stick and fork in them and move them to QC.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada