HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post

...The building will include 130,000 square feet of performing and teaching space, a 900-seat concert hall, a 501-seat proscenium theater with an orchestra pit, a dance hall with retractable seats and a choral ensemble venue. The entrance plaza to the building will double as an outdoor performance venue.

Where can we go for more details on this project? Such as: location on campus, site plan, additional renderings, etc. Gracias

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 8:53 PM

New Lehi Office Building

First I've seen of this new project in Lehi. More of the same for Point of the Mountain.

http://www.cbcadvisors.com/pmail/fug...one%20Peak.pdf

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDesign View Post
Where can we go for more details on this project? Such as: location on campus, site plan, additional renderings, etc. Gracias
It's a little difficult to see on this image, but if you look up the Noorda Theater (on the East side of campus), the new PAC will be attached to the existing theater.

More renderings,
http://method-studio.com/work/cultur...g-arts-center/

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 4:38 PM

Entrata Opens New Office In Lehi, Installs Giant Bus Inside

https://siliconslopes.com/entrata-op...e-e55cfba8676f

Bus
Video Link

Building
Video Link

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 2:22 AM

Young Living going in Lehi, same architect as UCCU in Lehi.
http://www.scholzarchitects.com/projects/13

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 7:56 PM

Canyon Creek in Spanish Fork is starting to move a lot of dirt. They are currently building a Ross, Petco, and Cinemark... I'm not sure how many screens, but I'm just glad they're moving dirt.... Homes and townhomes are springing up like weeds in May down here. Can't say I'm unhappy about it, since I own a home that is increasing in value. Also, the way I see it, growth south of Provo should (in theory) help Provo's downtown, especially since most of Spanish Fork is only 10-15 minutes away.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 9:19 PM
Wen Lambo

6 story office building at Pleasant Grove Blvd exit

6 story Grove Tower office building going in at PG/I-15 exit.

Awful waste of space (as per usual for Utah development)... but I guess what do you expect in this area. It's as if there's an unlimited amount of developable land with freeway frontage (...until there's not.)

Is it just me or could this developer have thought to himself "...hmmm, long term, If I just built more underground parking and/or a multi-level parking structure initially, I could actually build a phase two or even three once phase 1 is fully leased and really make some good money here!!" But nah, it's cheaper to do it this way outta the gates... Let's go with this. (...but at the same time, the developer is actually contributing to a much better use of space, so would it actually be better?) Thoughts? I mean, I'm halfway joking but kind of serious here. I'd love to see 192K sq ft go up in downtown provo (in a less stout and taller structure, as that much sq. footage could easily be a 10 story building with near 20K sq ft floor plats.)

But since it's not built in Provo, how would it be improved in it's current location. I just hate seeing this thing as a small island amongst a massive sea of parking...

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 1:17 PM

It's an attractive building as far as your typical office park mid-rises go. The thing is, this is not a fait complete. As demand rises more offices and probably multi-level parking will fill in the surrounding plot itself, and the remaining business park. Few if any business parks start out fully completed. This is just an initial offering, as I'm sure you probably understand.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 2:52 PM
Development Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1978 View Post
Canyon Creek in Spanish Fork is starting to move a lot of dirt. They are currently building a Ross, Petco, and Cinemark... I'm not sure how many screens, but I'm just glad they're moving dirt.... Homes and townhomes are springing up like weeds in May down here. Can't say I'm unhappy about it, since I own a home that is increasing in value. Also, the way I see it, growth south of Provo should (in theory) help Provo's downtown, especially since most of Spanish Fork is only 10-15 minutes away.
Cinemark will be eight screens; one of those stadium seating with XD. I believe they are building it so they can expand to ten screens if/when demand warrants it.

They've also announced Olive Garden, Ulta, Maurices, Downeast, and Famous Footwear.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 1:15 AM

http://www.bowenstudios.com/renderin...389049&slide=1

I likes this one. Is this by the Provo Canyon corporate office area?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch_One View Post
6 story Grove Tower office building going in at PG/I-15 exit.

Awful waste of space (as per usual for Utah development)... but I guess what do you expect in this area. It's as if there's an unlimited amount of developable land with freeway frontage (...until there's not.)

Is it just me or could this developer have thought to himself "...hmmm, long term, If I just built more underground parking and/or a multi-level parking structure initially, I could actually build a phase two or even three once phase 1 is fully leased and really make some good money here!!" But nah, it's cheaper to do it this way outta the gates... Let's go with this. (...but at the same time, the developer is actually contributing to a much better use of space, so would it actually be better?) Thoughts? I mean, I'm halfway joking but kind of serious here. I'd love to see 192K sq ft go up in downtown provo (in a less stout and taller structure, as that much sq. footage could easily be a 10 story building with near 20K sq ft floor plats.)

But since it's not built in Provo, how would it be improved in it's current location. I just hate seeing this thing as a small island amongst a massive sea of parking...

My company did the site improvements for this project. You should know the soils in this area are liquefied goo once you get down about five feet. Im sure the developer did want more density. But getting what is in the rendering was extremely difficult, not to mention very costly.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 12:02 PM

Isn't that entire vicinity pretty much the same Millhouse? I think farmers have considered it almost swampland for over a century now. Question is, will it stop the boom of office development in the area along I-15, probably not. Regardless of the water table, I think they'll probably continue to add a lot more business park development to the surrounding property. Hopefully, the economic boom in that area will translate into leadership that understands the importance of placing more emphasis on the development of the historic Main Streets, which once dotted the entire valley from Lehi to Payson. My biggest frustration with Utah Valley at this point, is the lack of progress in restoring and redeveloping what should be truly walkable, charming town centers. I'm sure it will eventually happen, but Main Streets in towns like Lehi, American Fork and Pleasant Grove should have been further along by now.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 10:52 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Isn't that entire vicinity pretty much the same Millhouse? I think farmers have considered it almost swampland for over a century now. Question is, will it stop the boom of office development in the area along I-15, probably not. Regardless of the water table, I think they'll probably continue to add a lot more business park development to the surrounding property. Hopefully, the economic boom in that area will translate into leadership that understands the importance of placing more emphasis on the development of the historic Main Streets, which once dotted the entire valley from Lehi to Payson. My biggest frustration with Utah Valley at this point, is the lack of progress in restoring and redeveloping what should be truly walkable, charming town centers. I'm sure it will eventually happen, but Main Streets in towns like Lehi, American Fork and Pleasant Grove should have been further along by now.
I live in American Fork and I am pretty sure many here would not be happy about going in an urban direction. American Fork does not have medium or high density housing in anyway and 99.9% of all housing here is single detached homes. There are a few older 4 plex's closer to the center of town but I am sure they would not be acceptable to build these days. There is a reason why American Forks main street hasn't progressed. It is due to the fact that those that live here are very happy in their large cars driving to large suburban shopping centers.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, much of the area has the same soils issues. The open land to the immediate south actually has it a little worse. To date it has stalled several announced projects. But with the boom going on in Utah county it is only a matter of time before someone else is willing to spend the money. Perhaps the developer got a better deal on the land.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 9:43 PM

Yeah, I guess somehow the developers are getting a good enough deal on the swampland that the extra cost issues are compensated for.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 5:59 PM

Pleasant Grove City's website mentions an 8-story Drury Hotel (187 rooms) is under review for the corner of PG Blvd/Granite Way, which is adjacent to where the the 6-story Grove Tower will be located.

http://www.plgrove.org/documents/rap...may-2-2017.pdf

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 4:22 PM

UVU opens new community autism center

Quote:
Utah Valley University officially opened a new building Wednesday that will be home to a community autism center.

The Cole Nellesen Building will house the Melisa Nellesen Center for Autism. The center is designed to provide help for the challenges that can come from autism.

"It addresses one of our most pressing needs in our whole valley," said UVU President Matthew Holland. "We have one of the highest rates of autism in the nation, and there is a crying need for something like this in our community. And we are going to provide it."

The building includes therapy rooms, an observation classroom, as well as a sensory area. It is also a place where parents can begin to find answers.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 8:11 PM

Lehi Spectrum - 2100 North in Lehi

Animation in link,
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTnjfrngYX6/

Quote:
Last week we launched an exciting new office destination in Lehi, Utah on the 2100 North exit. 21 acres, 375,000 SF, and unmatched visibility on I-15.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:03 AM

Too many stand-along office buildings going up in Utah. I just attended a 3-day conference of the Urban Land Institute in Seattle, and there was so much that showed off all the millions of new office & high-tech buildings in the north end of downtown Seattle, (Denny Triangle and South Lake Union areas) and millions more to come, all within this decade. And, the drive is to create an urban walkable and interesting place to live work and play, which is totally the opposite of all the high-tech development in Lehi & Draper.

Last edited by Orlando; May 6, 2017 at 3:55 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Too many stand-along office buildings going up in Utah. I just attended a 3-day conference of the Urban Land Institute in Seattle, and there was so much that showed off all the millions of new office & high-tech buildings in the north end of downtown Seattle, (Denny Triangle and South Lake Union areas) and millions more to come, all within this decade. And, the drive is to create an urban walkable and interesting place to live work and play, which is totally the opposite of all the high-tech development in Lehi & Draper.
I heard that SLC was sending some people to that conference but Jackie fired them before they could attend.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West